The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

I used to just tap the "Tip Board" button on the actual tip board page in order to refresh the times, instead of having to pull down from the top. I notice tapping that button isn't refreshing the times anymore.. I tap it and nothing happens. I'm wondering if this is a temporary bug or if they did something to stop people from refreshing so much?

Uggg! That lost me ROTR ILL in Nov. I’d blocked that from memory…

Did this happen to you multiple times or just the first time you tried to purchase? The first ILL I plan on purchasing is ROTR. I really don’t want to miss out. I could buy 7DMT the day before to get the code out the way.

I’ve always expected the price to go up. Out of 9 park days I plan on buying G+ for 6 days. I’m debating just adding it for the entire 9 days now and being locked into the $15.
We were in (almost) the exact same situation. We are there 8 nights this summer and for sure wanted G+ for MK and HS, which were 5 of the 8 days. Wasn't sure if we'd need it for AK or EP. What sold me on prepurchasing it for all days wasn't a possible price increase, but rather the hassle of having to purchase G+ each day that we wanted to use it. It just means getting up even earlier, and hoping nothing goes wrong with the transaction causing you to miss out on booking at 7am.

Speaking of which... getting up by 7am while on vacation 🤮🤮🤮

Can they at least make it 8am or something? That's a huge negative change vs FP+

Last edited:

We were in (almost) the exact same situation. We are there 8 nights this summer and for sure wanted G+ for MK and HS, which were 5 of the 8 days. Wasn't sure if we'd need it for AK or EP. What sold me on prepurchasing it for all days wasn't a possible price increase, but rather the hassle of having to purchase G+ each day that we wanted to use it. It just means getting up even earlier, and hoping nothing goes wrong with the transaction causing you to miss out on booking at 7am.

Speaking of which... getting up by 7am while on vacation 🤮🤮🤮

Can they at least make it 8am or something? That's a huge negative change vs FP+

I think I’m just going to bite the bullet and add it to our tickets now.

Okay. I’m going to try and contribute to this excellent thread.
31 January 2022, 5:15pm arrival at MK with genie+, no ILL$. 8pm fireworks, 9pm close
Accomplished 8 rides, ice-cream snack, dinner, fireworks(off center view).

8:55am booked jungle cruise LL for 5:30pm
11am booked PP LL for 5:40pm
1pm booked BTMRR for 5:30pm
3pm booked haunted mansion for 7:45pm
5pm booked Buzz for 7:25pm

we arrived shortly after 5pm with 5 LL in hand. After eating ice cream we hit:
jungle cruise
big thunder
Peter pan
After PP we did IASW on standby. While in line we mobile ordered dinner in Tomorrowland. After iasw we rode buzz then picked up dinner.
after dinner we sauntered up to the tommorrowland bridge and watched the fireworks from there. Then we booked to space mountain for a walk onto the ride after fireworks. Then we went to HM and used our last LL there.
got off HM at 8:45 and went to 7DMT for our last ride with a 25 minute wait (actual) in standby.
For us this was a good use of stacking and we accomplished so much in about 4 hours. It was a great evening. Much better than our rope drop fiascos have been this week.

My observations :
Booking three LL for the same time window is scary, but not a problem we had no problem hitting these three even with the walking. I would not advise 4. Unfortunately, since you can’t choose your times you have to pick based on time on the fly.

I would not book more than 1 LL after fireworks if there is only 1 hour of park time after fireworks. Immediately after fireworks you don’t need LL since the lines are short. LL for your second ride after fireworks is key to being able to ride a third after fireworks. Standby for your second ride after fireworks will probably put you past closing when you finish.

This is exactly why I pre purchased G+ with my park tickets although my trip is 9 months away. It’s Disney so I fully expect the price to increase by fall.

Same. We go in 9 months too. I fully expect the price to increase by then. I’m going to add G+ today.

So I purchased genie+ for today and I only have this. Since 7am on the dot. I’m pretty annoyed. Other parks load. just not the one I’m going to

edit- tip board is still giving me an error message, but I was able to book jungle cruise for my group, you CAN book from the “my day” but you Don’t get to see all the selections.
guess I’ll be at the blue tent this morning.

Attachments

• CB177ADC-D10A-4B8A-9928-6E70EC54BEDD.png
    CB177ADC-D10A-4B8A-9928-6E70EC54BEDD.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
So I purchased genie+ for today and I only have this. Since 7am on the dot. I’m pretty annoyed. Other parks load. just not the one I’m going to
I'm at home, just opened my app and it's doing the same thing. Everything except MK shows. Hopefully, it means it's happening to everyone, so you're at least not at a disadvantage.

We had the same problem and got around it by going to the my day tab, scrolling down to the ride we wanted (Jungle Cruise in our case) and selecting the check availability link for lightning lane right under the ride. Hope this helps!

thanks that worked for me!

We had the same problem and got around it by going to the my day tab, scrolling down to the ride we wanted (Jungle Cruise in our case) and selecting the check availability link for lightning lane right under the ride. Hope this helps!
I figured this out as well eventually. still annoying. Also, I have WAY less patience for disneys crappy IT when I am being charged for it.

Maybe someone can help me reconcile this in my mind...

I'm reading a lot of first-hand accounts indicating that Genie+ selections get scarfed up pretty quickly and folks are only able to get a few LL selections throughout the day because by the time they can make their 3rd selection at 1 pm, nothing is available.

But I've also been reading a number of reports where people indicate hardly anyone using the LLs. So, if hardly anyone is in the LLs, then why are the LL slots selling out so much/quickly? If not many people are purchasing G+, shouldn't there be ample LL slots for those who do? Conversely, if a lot of people are purchasing it, then why are folks observing hardly anyone going through the LL?

I saw where someone speculated that Disney is rationing the number of LL slots given out (far fewer available than previously with FP+). Does anyone have insight into that? Understanding that offering too many LL slots would slow down SB further (one of the major complaints about FP+), are they simply making fewer LL slots available throughout the day while simultaneously NOT limiting how many people can purchase G+? If so, I predict it won't be long before there's a major backlash (can already see it forming now) if a significant number of people purchase G+, but it's not designed to offer an adequate number of LL slots to those purchasers to meet expectations.

When Im using the genie plus up let’s say I book a selection in the morning for later in the day and I can’t book another until 11am. If I log on before that time does it show you what rides are still available so I have an idea what rides I can still get?

also is it in time order and each ride gets later and later until there all gone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter