• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Amazingly, Remy worked out perfectly, (although tight.) We had an ADR at 1, so was actually hoping it would get pushed out a bit. But it stayed the same! Luckily we were still able to eat and get back to Remy and tap on just a few minutes before our call back window expired. 🤪 Figures the one day they stay on schedule.
Great news that you could ride! Also happy to hear that it isn't everyday that it gets pushed and pushed. I've heard so often of that happening that I wrongly assumed it happened each day.

Trying Genie + at Epcot tomorrow. Wanting to ride frozen, test track and soarin. Catch is we won’t be there until 4, so I need LL times 4 and later. I thinki might be SOL because I think I might not be able to get a late enough time at 7 and then still grab another 2 hours after park opening and a 3rd 2 hours after that. Would love anyone’s advice. Or, in general, which have been going fastest?

Trying Genie + at Epcot tomorrow. Wanting to ride frozen, test track and soarin. Catch is we won’t be there until 4, so I need LL times 4 and later. I thinki might be SOL because I think I might not be able to get a late enough time at 7 and then still grab another 2 hours after park opening and a 3rd 2 hours after that. Would love anyone’s advice. Or, in general, which have been going fastest?
I just did Soarin and Land there, so can only comment on that. There was no huge pressure to get either... I think I got Soarin for 6pm sometime around 2pm in the day, but there are probably more people there now. I got Land sometime around 5 I believe, also for 6 pm.

We had a pretty wet and wild day at Animal kingdom today. Tried watching the weather app to see when it’d die down but failed miserably on that front as it was off and on all day, so puddles everywhere. Shoes soaked before getting in the park. 🤦‍♂️

That being said, we were able to use Genie+ successfully for what we wanted. First ride selected was Navi. I waited/kept refreshing until the time was 1pm as we didn’t know when we’d get to the park.

At 9, as I mentioned in a post earlier today, I was able to find a FoP ILL$ for 11am. I actually didn’t use it until after our Navi ride. My wife had to visit the chiropractor this morning and took longer than I expected when I booked the pass. A cast member did ask if I had extenuating circumstances that prevented me from arriving on time,so explained the situation. I said I understand if I can’t, but wanted to see if it’d be possible to ride. They were gracious to let me go as I know they didn’t have to, but man, I’m glad they did. I’ve never been on the ride before. It was so cool.

At 10, booked Festival of the Lion King for 12pm show.

At 1245, while eating lunch, booked a dinosaur pass for 3:45. I could have booked another one after using the Lion king pass, but the times for what we wanted weren’t moving that fast today and we were trying to avoid too much overlap.

After lunch, we walked to Pandora and rode Navi and then I rode FoP by myself. At 2:45, I was trying to grab a Safari ride, but we were too soon to book again and the last time slots booked up as I was trying again. Then with a few refreshes, a 2:55 slot opened up! So yay. My daughter and I rode that as wife didn’t think she could handle the movements of the Safari vehicle.

After that we watched kite tails then headed to Dino land for our dinosaur pass. I talked my daughter into riding it, which may have been a mistake. Scarier than I thought, but her day was made when a cast member handed her a button that said Celebrating Conquering Dinosaurs or something like that. She was so proud to wear that and show it off.

After that we were done. We had some dinner, then watched the tree of life lit up for a bit then headed out.

Overall, we had 4 Genie+ and 1 ILL$ and we actually didn’t ride anything without using Lightning Lane. My daughter didn’t even want to stand in line for Triceratop spin, which had a 25 minute posted time.

Thrill-data's data for data today is instructive:

1 - By 7:50 am, the LL time for Test Track was 7:45 pm, so you should have no problem with that one.
2 - LL availability for Frozen disappeared after 11:20 (and you're not eligible to book until 11:30), BUT it popped up with some late night availability at 11:45 and again at 12:15, so this one will be dicey
3 -LL availability for Soarin didn't disappear until 3:30 (and popped up again sporadically a few more times) so you should be good on that one.

If Frozen is more of a priority than Test Track, you could grab it first, but then you will be completely out of luck for getting a Test Track LL.

Other possible considerations:
I've noticed that the late afternoon standby waits for Frozen this week have been slightly worse than for Test Track but not much different (90-ish minutes for Frozen vs. 80-ish minute for Test Track). Test Track offers a single-rider lane if that is an option that would work for you.

I want to add that Soarin took us close to 30 mins to ride (15 min queue and then 15 min loadiing/riding) and we had to skip rider switch (no time left) so try to have enough time to ride before your next pass.

Canada/France area had no path to walk through easily and it was extremely congested; it took us several extra minutes to get to Remy. People park hop after 2 pm and crowd these areas.

We did this in Nov. I would caution against overlapping them. We had to skip 2 rider switch because of delays in loading. As long as rides are 2 hours away, you can still keep stacking. You’re giving up riding morning rides and hoping there are rides 2 hrs away. It was ok; more stress and constantly looking at phone vs booking as you go (MK). We booked a LLIA$ for SDMT, then JC as our first pass and rode rides nearby; took a lunch break and then stacked evening Tomorrowland (monsters at 3-4pm +fantasyland rides.
https://allears.net/2021/11/24/theres-been-an-update-on-the-disney-genie-loophole/

Here's our parade view with lightning lane. You enter the circle where the statue is. There's a person holding a lightning lane sign to enter.

View attachment 632584

You got lucky! I just read on another site that they overbooked LLs for the parade today and canceled some guests’ reservations without any communication. It apparently didn’t do any good to show the CMs a screenshot of the parade LL reservation (for guests that even thought to take one).

Overall, we had 4 Genie+ and 1 ILL$ and we actually didn’t ride anything without using Lightning Lane. My daughter didn’t even want to stand in line for Triceratop spin, which had a 25 minute posted time.

Are you staying onsite or off? This is about what I expect to be able to do with my crew next week. Alas, we are staying offsite so might be even less. lol.

You got lucky! I just read on another site that they overbooked LLs for the parade today and canceled some guests’ reservations without any communication. It apparently didn’t do any good to show the CMs a screenshot of the parade LL reservation (for guests that even thought to take one).
Uggh that's horrible. It was pretty crowded, but really fun. We really loved the parade

Amazingly, Remy worked out perfectly, (although tight.) We had an ADR at 1, so was actually hoping it would get pushed out a bit. But it stayed the same! Luckily we were still able to eat and get back to Remy and tap on just a few minutes before our call back window expired. 🤪 Figures the one day they stay on schedule.

Can someone give us some insight on getting Remy on Christmas day? We don't mind paying for a lightening lane. But, what is the best strategy? Try for the virtual queue at 7, and if we don't get it, immediately buy a lightening lane pass? Do they go fast, as in, if I am not super quick we won't be able to buy one?

Can someone give us some insight on getting Remy on Christmas day? We don't mind paying for a lightening lane. But, what is the best strategy? Try for the virtual queue at 7, and if we don't get it, immediately buy a lightening lane pass? Do they go fast, as in, if I am not super quick we won't be able to buy one?
We have had reasonable success with LL/G+ At Epcot - basically, yes. Try for a BG for Remy, if you don’t get it then pay for ILL. We did it yesterday and today and had no trouble - you do want to be on right before 7, though.

Tokay we were at EP from 10am - 4:45pm and did:
7am: Remy BG in low 60s, TT at 2:05

Figment standby (the kids love it) ~10am
Kids played games in the area after Figment
Booked SE for 11:40 as our 2nd G+ at 11:30 but couldn’t use it because:
11:00 Went to Norway, waved at Anna and Else, Watched Barn Santa story/show. Kids looked in Norway museum.
Watched music/dancing show at Mexico
Rode 3 Caballeros
12:00 Got to Le Cellier lunch at noon (somewhere in here switched SE for MS at 1:25) (?)
After we finished lunch, walked around upper Canada, (popped a kids’ Dramamine when kids announced they Wanted Orange instead of Green), watched Canada film, got a cookie.
1:25 - tapped into MS, booked SE for 3:10
Rode MS Orange. Thankful for Dramamine.
2:10ish - tapped into TT
while waiting for TT, refreshed to see that Remy BG has been call….. but we are Sooo close to SE.
3:10ish - tapped in to SE
(potty break, popcorn break, DH and ODD got lost heading in the wrong direction after potty)
3:50isn - tapped in to Remy
Wait was still long…
Left for dinner reservation at 4:45.

TL, DR:
In about 6:45 we did:
Figment, 3 Caballeros, MS Orange*, TT*, SE*, Remy*
watched 2 shows
Ate 1 massive sit down lunch
Played around at the post ride games at: Figment, MS:O, TT and SE

Didon’t bother w FEA, Soarin and the Land pavilions since we had done rides there yesterday.

But in these crowded times it seems you may have to be content with having to choose between TT and FEA for using G+. Maybe you could get a super late one fo the other ride, but I wouldn’t count on that in these crowds.

LL was invaluable today, which was jam-packed everywhere. 15yo son and I started at AK today, rope dropped FOP, walked on Navi, rode EE 2x. Then met up with hubby and 20yo daughter (sleeping in) for LL for Safari, standby Dinosaur & and Bugs Life. We Lunched at Yak & Yeti. Then went to 2nd LL for EE. Rest break at hotel at 1:30. By the time we returned to MK at 5:30 pm had stacked LL for Space, BTMRR, HM, Pirates, and Splash. Plus had out BOG dinner. Just pulling into hotel at 11pm. The lines for everything all day were pretty insane. We did not wait for anything. Could not have done it w/o G+. Still hate how inflexible it is, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter