The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

SDD may last longer than 1.8 seconds during the busy holidays.

So many complaints during Thanksgiving about the uselessness of G+...this is probably a response to that.

6 seconds Now for SDD?

Well I'm in line at guest services because I can't book a second G+. Booked test track for 8pm at 7:05am and now I can't book anything. My eligible booking time is blank

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211217-114920~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20211217-114920~2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 46

I do not see anything indicating a change to that, so hoppers, based on availability, should be able to still purchase 2 ILL$ rides.
They just announced it. Space, Frozen, Everest and Mickey and Minnies are dropping off ILL - they should have never been on it.

They are also opening an extra 30 minutes - so 60 minutes early for resort guests for the next 2 weeks.

Who knows if this is permanent, doubtful. They had to bandaid Genie+ after the Thanksgiving debacle.

They just announced it. Space, Frozen, Everest and Mickey and Minnies are dropping off ILL - they should have never been on it.

They are also opening an extra 30 minutes - so 60 minutes early for resort guests for the next 2 weeks.

Who knows if this is permanent, doubtful. They had to bandaid Genie+ after the Thanksgiving debacle.

I was literally just saying yesterday that these four rides have no business being ILL’s. Ridiculous. Space and Everest in particular. These rides are long time family favorites. Including them with Genie+ —ok. To charge for them after all this time is criminal to me. What were they thinking?

I was responding to PPs second question asking if he’d still be able to buy 2 ILL$ per day or if that changed as well.

Reading this as we are flying to Orlando. First park day is tomorrow so that will not be with the new rules, correct? Then Sunday we have a VIP tour, so I won’t have to fool with it much other than in the morning if we want to grab something Before the tour. Then Monday will be all new rules and new early entry times! While I have been coming up with my plans and this is a big change, I think it is a positive one for our family because we love EE and SM but didn’t really want to pay for each ride since we have done them a bunch. I know this is throwing everyone off a bit, but hopefully a positive in the end. I just wonder if the rides that are now included in G+ will book up that much faster….

Hurray, I am staying offsite for Christmas week and was probably going to be boxed out of MMRR and Frozen, but now I won't be. This is a great change.
I wonder if a change is coming to give an advantage back on onsite guests? Disney is quickly eroding the value of staying onsite, and they likely don’t want to do that. I wonder if they will adopt the DLR model from MP where they changed the booking block out window from 120 minutes to 90 minutes for those that paid for MP versus those that were using the free FP. Or maybe they change the booking start time or maybe they don’t do anything and people will stay offsite since onsite doesn’t have many perks (and they don’t even clean the rooms these days…).

If including 4 more tier one rides in Genie+ induces more people to purchase Genie+, then this change is not going to do anything to solve the problem of miserable LL availability that they had at Thanksgiving—the problem that probably prompted this change in the first place.
I can’t see people being persuaded to buy G+ because of this. I really think they’re trying to figure out how to keep passes available longer during the day, ie fix the thanksgiving problem.

If including 4 more tier one rides in Genie+ induces more people to purchase Genie+, then this change is not going to do anything to solve the problem of miserable LL availability that they had at Thanksgiving—the problem that probably prompted this change in the first place.

But doesn't this limit how quickly those rides get taken. For example, instead of arriving to the parks with 3 LLs (1 G+, 2 ILL$), you can only arrive with 2? I suppose there might be some that ONLY grabbed the ILL$s and skipped G+, but Disney knows that statistic.

It's going to exacerbate the problems Genie+ bad platform, we just got back and you can tell when Genie was taking a dump. The app would just lag for seconds before responding, or crash or do nothing. And it wasn't even that busy.

I would feel bad for the people there but I kind of wish it would just keep crashing and they had to rethink/fix the whole thing during this heavy crowd time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter