The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

If I am booking LLs for an evening in the park (not park hopping just a late arrival day around 4:00-5:00), and I book LL's at 7:00, 11:00, 1:00, and 3:00...what happens if the return windows aren't that far out yet at 11:00? If I choose an earlier time, can I cancel and then rebook that ride? Or does that lose my LL and reset my 120 minute clock?

Ex: at 7am I book SDD for 5:00. At 11:00 the furthest LL time is TOT at 2:45 (before we would arrive) so I guess I select it. Could I book my third LL at 1:00 (say Rock 'n') for 4:00 and then immediately go cancel the TOT for 2:45 bc we wont be in park. Will it allow me to rebook the TOT to a later time once it is cancelled? Or did I then lose that LL since I just booked Rock 'n'?

Last edited:
For some of the experts on stacking/exploit issue, am I right that to take advantage, it is all contingent upon your first G+LL being booked within the first 2 hours of park opening? For example, using the HS scenario, if you cannot book SDD (1st G+ LL) until a return time of say, 12:00 -1:00, then your next booking/reservation window would be at the 120 mark (11:00) and because of this, you could no longer take advantage of the grace period LL (2nd) and the tap into and additional LL (3rd)? Am I completely missing it?

MK today
7:03: Got 10:30 Jungle Cruise LL
8:30 early entry: Space Mountain
9:00: Big Thunder, Splash, Pirates, all walk-one due to rain
Time to kill before 11:00
11:00: Got 1:20 Peter Pan LL
Enter JC and got 11:35 Haunted Mansion LL
No interest in Mine Train, so this has worked well for us today to get all our favorites with Genie+ and no ILL$.

At epcott, havent even used it. Got here at rd, and walked on everything. Waiting for remmy to come up, will hit figment and the spacip earth on the way out. So, frozen, sorring, living, mermaid, seas, 3 cabeniaros, now at BB sing along. Remmy, and out. If i wanted to i can G+ for sorring etc. But we did what we wanted allready and no wait. Just a lot of walking. Lol. Wished they opened 3 cab in mexico earlier.

At epcott, havent even used it. Got here at rd, and walked on everything. Waiting for remmy to come up, will hit figment and the spacip earth on the way out. So, frozen, sorring, living, mermaid, seas, 3 cabeniaros, now at BB sing along. Remmy, and out. If i wanted to i can G+ for sorring etc. But we did what we wanted allready and no wait. Just a lot of walking. Lol. Wished they opened 3 cab in mexico earlier.

We did early entry Frozen yesterday.
Walking through Mexico at 10:00, and CM comes out and takes down the rope, so we said why not.
Were the very first (and only ones) to ride 3 Caballeros (officially the Gran Fiesta Tour).
After reading over the years about others’ Rope Drop experiences being First on a ride, just thought I would share about our first time being First. 😀

I can't find anywhere when you can make your second ILL$ purchase. Can you make your 2 for the day both at 7 am?
I can't find anywhere when you can make your second ILL$ purchase. Can you make your 2 for the day both at 7 am?
I just got back. I booked a LL at MK at 7 am for PP. I was locked out to get my next pass until 11 am. There were 2 hour windows, then mid to late afternoon it was one hour windows, with an occasional pass offered right after I got in line. My takeaway: I think it is a fluid situation with an algorithm controlling next booking availability.

Interesting getting the Jungle Cruise LL this morning. It says 10:00. I click. Says 10:05 and asks me to confirm.
No, too early, so I back out. Shows 10:10. I click. Asks me to confirm 10:20.
I back out again, and it shows 10:25. I click and it asks me to confirm 10:30.
Yes, perfect 10:30 is just what I had in mind.
(I confirm 10:30, and it stays 10:30!)

Far less dramatic than the time changes for Slinky on Wednesday, but be aware that what you get may turn out to be later than what you selected.

I consider myself to be pretty smart and I can't follow half the stuff in this thread.

Is anyone willing to post a "Stacking for Dummies" post that would make this as simple as possible to understand?
We are at DHS for one day on Sunday staying offsite. My thought is that i have a good chance to get a paid ILL for Rise if I am online right at 9am. Is this correct?

I just got back. I booked a LL at MK at 7 am for PP. I was locked out to get my next pass until 11 am. There were 2 hour windows, then mid to late afternoon it was one hour windows, with an occasional pass offered right after I got in line. My takeaway: I think it is a fluid situation with an algorithm controlling next booking availability.
You are describing the regular LL reservations. The poster was asking about the pay-per-ride Individual Lightning Lanes for $. She should be able to make both of those reservations at 7am.

With apologies for not reading the entire thread, can anyone confirm that the expiration stacking strategy actually works in practice? As I understand it, here is how it would work: (1) book your first LL for soon after park opening; (2) wait until just a few minutes after the expiration of your first return window (without scanning into the ride), and then book a second LL for ASAP; (3) immediately scan into your first LL, during the 15-minute grace period; (4) immediately book a third LL, so that you now have two active return windows; (4) continue to roll the stack--booking a new LL as soon as you sign into a previous one--and thus have two LL slots for the rest of the day.

Has anyone actually successfully done this?

At MK now with G+ and Splash and Haunted Mansion are MIA on the map and LL selections. Both rides were up when we walked by. Anyone else experiencing this?

At MK now with G+ and Splash and Haunted Mansion are MIA on the map and LL selections. Both rides were up when we walked by. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, Splash had been missing from my Tip Board for at least the past couple of hours or so.
Haunted Mansion was there when I grabbed it, but missing now.

With apologies for not reading the entire thread, can anyone confirm that the expiration stacking strategy actually works in practice? As I understand it, here is how it would work: (1) book your first LL for soon after park opening; (2) wait until just a few minutes after the expiration of your first return window (without scanning into the ride), and then book a second LL for ASAP; (3) immediately scan into your first LL, during the 15-minute grace period; (4) immediately book a third LL, so that you now have two active return windows; (4) continue to roll the stack--booking a new LL as soon as you sign into a previous one--and thus have two LL slots for the rest of the day.

Has anyone actually successfully done this?

I've been tracking this thread pretty closely and don't think anyone has posted first hand experience despite it being discussed. One thing that has been pointed out, is the very small window to get this to work (15 mins or less) and that if you somehow screw up and are 16 mins late, you don't ride the ride you had a LL for and you cannot get another LL for that ride. Bottom line (for a park opening at 9am), is you gain your stack of 2 LLs one hour (well 50 something minutes) earlier than if you just do the same thing at 11am ( for a 10:XX-11:XX return window) and then tap into a ride during the actual window.

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try this (despite an hour being a very nice perk).

I've been tracking this thread pretty closely and don't think anyone has posted first hand experience despite it being discussed. One thing that has been pointed out, is the very small window to get this to work (15 mins or less) and that if you somehow screw up and are 16 mins late, you don't ride the ride you had a LL for and you cannot get another LL for that ride. Bottom line (for a park opening at 9am), is you gain your stack of 2 LLs one hour (well 50 something minutes) earlier than if you just do the same thing at 11am ( for a 10:XX-11:XX return window) and then tap into a ride during the actual window.

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try this (despite an hour being a very nice perk).
Well you could go to the ride and stand right outside - make your next pick and then tap in with plenty of time.

I hear that. But on a very busy day, that hour might see return windows creep farther and farther away. I wonder whether being able to double-stack starting one hour after park opening, rather than two, could make a huge difference in terms of your ability to get a large number of good rides.

Ok waited for remmy, and poof its down lol.
Thanks! I'm brand new to G+, is it a glitch or do rides run out of LL selections?
They run out. But they will say Not Currently Offered. For example, Slinky Dog Dash at Hollywood Studios has run out.
Nothing has run out yet at MK.
The disappearance of Splash and HM is either a glitch or an alien abduction.

Follow-up to my earlier question. Has anyone confirmed in general that booking a new LL after the expiration of your previous return window does not negate your 15-minute grace period?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter