The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

The place a power user can shine is with the hopper.

We were able to use G+ to get all of our Tier 2s in all the parks in two days, stacking the late close and moving parks. Incredible. This was impossible with FP. I was thrilled. There are rides I had never ridden in multiple trips, like Tower of Terror, because I could never get a FP. Someone willing to fork out for the hopper and G+ can cover the Tier 2 fast.
Can you explain? Is the system to make your reservation in the park you are hopping to and then wait till the 2 hours after opening and start stacking that way? Just trying to figure out the best method to get the most out of our park hoppers.

Can you explain? Is the system to make your reservation in the park you are hopping to and then wait till the 2 hours after opening and start stacking that way? Just trying to figure out the best method to get the most out of our park hoppers.

The good FPs were generally available, the rides that would have been impossible to get with FP. So, you use your G+ on rides like Tower of Terror, you hop to another park, use it there on rides like Jungle Cruise, and then you do Star Tours and tiki room the next day without G+. If you just stayed in one park, you'd run out of choices and have to use it on Star Tours eventually.

This was an off-peak weekday, to be fair.

Exactly why I figure this might be a loophole they actually put some real effort into closing. (ie, trying not to get too excited about it before our Thanksgiving week trip)

Yeah, I personally think that both are loopholes that are eventually going to be closed when the word about this spreads more and the bloggers/vloggers start describing how to do this. There's no way someone at Disney decided "OK, if 120 min passes and their ride window is still open, if they book before tapping they should be able to get 2 G+ reservations, but if they book after tapping then they should only get 1..." That doesn't make any sense, it shouldn't matter what order you do actions in, but right now, book, tap, book means you get two LLs, tap then book means you only get 1.

My guess is someone coded it as "you become eligible for a new G+ reservation any time A) 120 min passes after last reservation made; B) Any time a LL window expires OR C) any time you tap into a ride. They never considered that multiple of those things could happen on a single LL reservation.

I think what will trigger Disney fixing this is people trying to set up these double and triple stacks, having it not work for whatever reason, then complaining that it didn't work the way they read on so and so's blog. Enough of those complaints and Disney might have to do something

I don't think Disney actually really cares that much about making G+ "fair" or balanced, as power users are always going to benefit (most people didn't know about the refresh trick, and those who did could go on many many more rides than those that didn't. ). But the refresh trick was at least intuitive - people cancel, first one to grab it wins. This stuff is convoluted and doesn't seem intentional.

Thank you. I do not have the blue "Plan for Your Next Park" section. We do have a park reservation for that day and we show the 1 day Park Hoppers listed in MDE. These were leftover 1 day hoppers because we were in WDW when it closed (and left with a day left on our package). I wonder if there is still something left to do. The good news is that we'll have time to talk to Guest Services when we arrive the day prior. We have to stop there anyway because we'll be buying 1 day passes to add to this free one and we'll need to make sure on day 1 it uses the 1 day/1 park pass instead of the hopper.

Thanks again.
Did you figure out how to fix this? Like you, I have my park reservations selected for the day,and have park hopper tickets, but I do not have the "Plan for Your Next Park" section.

Just my husband and I for Food and Wine and the new ROTR ride. Originally I wasn’t going to pay for G+ at all on this trip and just pay for the one ILL ride. But now I’m considering paying for once day to play with it at HS and hopping to Epcot. The plan will be the earliest SDD possible, early ILL ROTR, and RD Tot and RnRC. Maybe squeeze in TSMM and ST.

Then hop. VQ Remy (or ride it another day). LL TT and Soarin. That’s about all we care about.

ok. I’m quoting and bumping my post because we go Monday and I’m starting to panic after looking at how fast the LL and ILL passes are going now. We only have one morning (9 am to 2 pm or whenever we hop to Epcot) in HS and it’s the only day I’m buying Genie+. I’m worried I’ll get stuck with my first LL at like 5 pm and I’ve wasted $30.

Do I book Slinky Dog or Rise of the Resistance $ first?

And a “stacking question”. Right now (11 am) it’s showing the next TT LL is at 7 pm. If booked that, I could book another in two hours at 1 pm right?
thank you!!

I'm thinking about trying to stack for my DHS day on December 19. Like almost everyone else (unfortunately), our two biggest priorities would be SDD and MFSR. My basic plan would be to grab SDD at 7:00 a.m. for as soon as possible, so long as I can check in after 11:00 a.m. in order to stack. (So, ideally, 10:30 or so.) Then, right at 11:00, grab a second LL for MFSR for as soon as possible in the afternoon. And then try to roll the stack for the rest of the day.

But I don't think it's going to work. Today is a random Wednesday in November. And yet, at 11:01, the earliest return slot for MFSR is 5:50 p.m. And on a busy crowd day, that's only going to be worse. I suspect MFSR will be sold out completely by 11:00.

So disappointing!

Tips from our experience:

Family of 4; used G+ and ILL; stayed on property

Trickiest Park: HS. Went on two separate days; wanted to be done by 1pm. Goal was no line waiting (we never waited with FP+)
- we booked RotR, both days, at 7am with plenty of availability.
- booked RotR first; which meant by the time we went to book SDD early morning times were gone (SDD was 1pm+)
- Arrived for early morning entry (8:30am)
- Walked on Rock n Roller, TT, Star Tours and Alien Saucer. By the time we finished these we had 20+ minute waits for all other attractions wanted; so had to kill time or wait in line until our ride reservation times came up. Unsure if booking SDD first and then RotR would have yielded better results.
- Tried at 11am to book 2nd g+ but nothing we wanted was available before 1pm.
- Therefore, we did get everything in, but it meant killing time mid morning (could have done droid/saber building or seen a show) and breaking SDD and MF between two days. It also meant we only used 1-2 G+ reservations at HS before we ran out of time (perhaps if we stayed all day it would have been more valuable...)

Best Park Use: MK
- was able to stack attractions and availability for most attractions were within 2-3 hours of time we reserved, making it easy to just roll from attraction to attraction all day.

Best Use of G+
-For us we found Park Hopping to be the best use of G+... being able to book an afternoon attraction while leaving your first park and then the second attraction 120 mins later meant we had two attractions stacked for our later afternoon park fun.
- We found all attractions (except SDD and MF) had availability thought early evening.

Worst Use of G+
- AK. Wasn't needed. Used ILL for FoP, only.

Did you figure out how to fix this? Like you, I have my park reservations selected for the day,and have park hopper tickets, but I do not have the "Plan for Your Next Park" section.

I can't know for sure if it just fixed it self, but I actually opened a help chat via the app. The rep said everything looked correct and confirmed I had a park hopper that day (which I could confirm myself). So I went back in and it was there. I wish I knew if they did something, they did not claim to have changed anything.

I can't know for sure if it just fixed it self, but I actually opened a help chat via the app. The rep said everything looked correct and confirmed I had a park hopper that day (which I could confirm myself). So I went back in and it was there. I wish I knew if they did something, they did not claim to have changed anything.
Thanks. I'll try that.

The weeks leading up to Halloween always see HM with longer than usual lines.
ok. I’m quoting and bumping my post because we go Monday and I’m starting to panic after looking at how fast the LL and ILL passes are going now. We only have one morning (9 am to 2 pm or whenever we hop to Epcot) in HS and it’s the only day I’m buying Genie+. I’m worried I’ll get stuck with my first LL at like 5 pm and I’ve wasted $30.

Do I book Slinky Dog or Rise of the Resistance $ first?

I'd try for Slinky Dog first and then do the rest on the fly.

I was there right before Halloween and ROTR was still available ($) at 10 or 11. Slinky Dog was actually down on and off most of the day. We booked a TT that was only a few minutes away mid-day and also waited standby for TT, which was only 20 minutes, right before Halloween and with Slinky Dog down.

You should be able to do SDD, TT, and ROTR in one day, if you're willing to pay for them. Worst case scenario, you wait for TT.

I've read through many pages of this thread and I haven't seen the following discussed.

Molly states at about minute 48 of her video that unlike FP+, party size is not a factor in Genie+ selections. The system will show you the next available time regardless of party size. For those that have used it, do you find this is true in practice? If so, I may seriously reconsider Genie+ for our party of 7 on November 22 at MK.

The SECRET to Using Genie+ in Disney World's Hollywood Studios - YouTube

Well, RotR is out as that is only a ILL$ attraction. Here's what I would do:
7AM grab a G+ LL for SDD (let's say 9:15 per your example).
Ride RotR during EE.
Ride MFSR or anything else you like unitl 10:15 (if possible).
Grab another LL between 10:15 and 10:30. Tap into SDD before 10:30.

Continue to alternate LL for the rest of the day!

so in this example LL window expires resets the clock

Ouch. How long was the posted standby line? If LL returns aren’t consistently short it really does dilute the value of G+….

I'm trying to think of this as worth it for planning. the goal is short waits, so if you use G+ great, if standby is short, then you can re-ride. value in either, just try not to think about man I paid extra, and focus on the, we got great availability to ride

People are underestimating how powerful this “hack” is, if it works. It means you can effectively pull 2 LL’s every time you ride a ride, so long as you tap into that ride during the grace period. It would enable you to very quickly set up triple and even quadruple stacks by the afternoon. On a day that’s not too crowded it probably creates the equivalent of a once per ride universal style express pass where you can hit every ride in the park.

Actually if you consider that there are specific app actions that will essentially clear the path for a new LL, you could set up your 2 stack LL first thing and then essentially not worry about the stack/ride in 15 min grace period factor. As per my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) you can tap/book/tap/book 2 active G+ LL if you have already stacked them. thereby giving you less stress to book in that 15 min grace period.

actions that reset ability to book a G+LL
1. 120min cool down after booking LL.
2. G+LL window expires.
3. tap into current window

from the example above
7AM grab a G+ LL for SDD (let's say 9:15 per your example).
Ride RotR during EE.
Ride MFSR or anything else you like until 10:15 (if possible).
Grab another LL between 10:15 and 10:30. Tap into SDD before 10:30.

when you make a LL prior to tapping into SDD you secure that one, then after tapping in you can possibly secure another? due to the fact that the clock has been reset twice in a row. 1st by wondow expiring and second by tapping into LL window.

wow I sound crazy!!!

someone corroborate please!

Can I apply for my advanced Disney degree now

:crazy2:

Hi.
I am leaving next Thursday, November 11.
We are AP staying at BWVs and one ticket that is "regular park ticket" (three total).

November 11 we are going to Epcot our arrival day.

I can book our LL and IA$ at the airport?

I was a master/wizard of FP and FP+

I am lost with LL and G+, although I know the difference. I'm hung up on this 120 minute thing.

What happens if I book at LL and then don't use it?

I want to have G+ and IA$ booked and ready between 12 am - 7 am day I'm going to the park.

If park opens at 9:30 am, I can make a G+ for 9:30 am? I want to do this, is that correct?
Then, I want to not use my G+ until 10:31 am, is this also correct?
At 10:31 am, I want to get my next G+, once that is secure, and hoping earliest one is closest to my time of securing, then I tap into my 9:30 am attraction. Is this correct?

Once I tap into my 9:30 am (10:31 am) attraction, I can then get another G+? Is this also correct, as of today?

I keep doing this all day? Then, if I want to hop at 2 pm, at any time in my first park and if I DON'T have a LL booked for my first park I can book my second park first LL for 2:00 pm (if available). Is this correct?

Could I have a 12 pm LL in my first park and then book 2 pm for my second LL in my second park?

I hope this makes sense to someone else other than in my head since I'm trying to read up quickly today and then hopefully before our trip on Thursday.

Thank you if you are still here reading LOL

Is there somewhere on this thread or link, where someone can please explain the stacking to me?
I know I can master it, but I got to start reading.
I've been extremely busy at work but today it slowed down and I need to catch up.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Is there a window of time once you book a Genie + reservation? I know you only get "next available", but lets say thats for 11am. Is there a window of time you can show up, like there used to be for FP, like an extra 30-45 minutes or so?

This might be taking it a step too far, but I’ve been thinking about that new expiration “loophole” and wondering if this is theoretically possible:

Assuming 9am park open
7am grab first LL for 10:15am
11am grab second LL (after 120 min cool off)
11:15am grab third LL (after expiration window)
11:20am tap into first LL (within grace period) and grab fourth LL

If that works, that would mean by 11:20 I’ve got a triple stack, right? Or have I officially lost it?! 😵

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter