The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

BTW a good portion of our strategy will be using the refresh ability of Genie+ to snag earlier return times. Here’s how I do it:

1) Find the attractions you want a G+ for
2) Click on "Book Experience" for that attraction
3) Hit the "x" in the top left corner. (This backs you back out, and will then hold the attraction at correct location on your phone screen)
4) Now you can simply keep clicking on the "Tip Board" tab on the top left of the screen. This will refresh the G+ return time each time you click it.
5) When you find a return time you are satisfied with, then go through the process to fully book it by clicking "Book Experience" and follow the prompts

Dan

Is anyone shocked by this?

I thought it was all but guaranteed that the standby line would go to a crawl like it did with FP+ once LL came on board. It'll be the old 10 LL users getting in for every 1 stand by person.
It is 35 LL for 5 standby (Jojo or Kyle confirmed with CM)
So, basically, a ratio of 1:7 vs. 1:10 which represents a slight improvement over the FP+ ratio (assuming 1:10 was an accurate quote for FP+).

ETA: when you expand these numbers out to scale, I suppose you could make the argument that it's a 30% increase of SB let through in comparison to LL. So, perhaps not insignificant.

Oh yeah, you are correct. Sorry, it's just that first 120 minutes after park open that you are locked out of. I'll go edit my post.

Dan

ok so if you get a G+ at 7 am and let's say the parks opens at 9 am, then you still can't get the second G+ until 11 am unless you've used the first one between 9 and 11, so then it's whatever comes first? Bottom line is that I can't book another G+ at 9 am which is two hours after I booked my first one right?

For how many people?

I wouldn't think it would really matter. Because, unlike FP+, they just give you the next available time the worst that should happen is your larger group spilling into the next block 5 minutes later.

In the other long thread, posters have said that if you have a hopper ticket and indicate on Genie that you intend to hop to another park, you will be offered LL return rimes at the other park after 2PM, even if other guests are seeing return times before 2.

I tried a little experiment today. Because park reservations were not sold out, I used my AP to make a reservation at DHS and entered into Genie a plan to hop to Epcot at 3 PM.

As I have gone to the Tip Board, starting at 7 AM and a couple more times since, I have not seen LL return times after 2 PM yet, except for Test Track which is already out to 7 PM, probably for everybody. The wait times for the G+LL attractions at Epcot are all pretty short; even Test Track is only 35 minutes and that is the longest.

Anyway, unless they only show if you have already purchased Genie+ or have tapped into your first park, the statements that later return times are offered to people with hopper tickets may not be accurate.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think it would really matter. Because, unlike FP+, they just give you the next available time the worst that should happen is your larger group spilling into the next block 5 minutes later.
Hmm…That’s interesting. Thanks.

ok so if you get a G+ at 7 am and let's say the parks opens at 9 am, then you still can't get the second G+ until 11 am unless you've used the first one between 9 and 11, so then it's whatever comes first? Bottom line is that I can't book another G+ at 9 am which is two hours after I booked my first one right?
Yes, but You can book your second genie+ at 9:05 am as long as you scanned in to the ride. Maybe you booked the 9-10 pass at 8 am, you still can book next genie+ once you ride/scan at 9:05 am

In the other long thread, posters have said that if you have a hopper ticket and indicate on Genie that you intend to hop to another park, you will be offered LL return rimes at the other park after 2PM, even if other guests are seeing return times before 2.

I tried a little experiment today. Because park reservations were not sold out, I used my AP to make a reservation at DHS and entered into Genie a plan to hop to Epcot at 3 PM.

As I have gone to the Tip Board, starting at 7 AM and a couple more times since, I have not seen LL return times after 2 PM yet, except for Test Track which is already out to 7 PM, probably for everybody. The wait times for the G+LL attractions at Epcot are all pretty short; even Test Track is only 35 minutes and that is the longest.

Anyway, unless they only show if you have already purchased Genie+ or have tapped into your first park, the statements that later return times are offered to people with hopper tickets may not be accurate.
So one Genie+ for Test track is bookable at 12 pm; we’re not sure about the second, May not even be necessary as crowds gather around the world showcase to dine, line up for fireworks

Yes, but You can book your second genie+ at 9:05 am as long as you scanned in to the ride. Maybe you booked the 9-10 pass at 8 am, you still can book next genie+ once you ride/scan at 9:05 am

When is your LL considered “used”?
When you enter the line or when you get on the ride?

Quick question that I haven't seen addressed yet. With FP+, we were able to swap magic bands if one member of the party didn't want to do a ride for whatever reason. As long as there was a valid FP+ booked for that time, cast members didn't care that the name popping up when you scanned in was clearly not you. Is that still permitted with G+LL and ILL$?

Quick question that I haven't seen addressed yet. With FP+, we were able to swap magic bands if one member of the party didn't want to do a ride for whatever reason. As long as there was a valid FP+ booked for that time, cast members didn't care that the name popping up when you scanned in was clearly not you. Is that still permitted with G+LL and ILL$?
I would imagine so. If Mickey lights up green when the magic band is tapped I doubt the cast member at the LL entrance cares who is using it, or would even know. I’m sure they aren’t looking at every name, if they even have something that displays that information.

I have a quick question about the disney genie + reservations. My family is staying on site at the Swan Reserve and I unfortunately can not get a reservation on site and will stay off site since the trip is scheduled for November 4-November 8. I was wondering if I am offsite can I link my ticket to them so I can be on the rides with them for Genie+ There is the fact that I am not on property will they be able to add me when they make reservations for the day?

I can't find anywhere when you can make your second ILL$ purchase. Can you make your 2 for the day both at 7 am?

I"m pretty sure. Im making one for our first park and the second none for our second one, but that one will be after 2 PM.

When is your LL considered “used”?
When you enter the line or when you get on the ride?
Looking at Safari it’s when you scan closer to where the fast pass and standby merge, the second magic band scan so people don’t just scan and exit; usually it’s right before boarding the ride

And now it becomes obvious why you can only ride each ride once. 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter