The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

We‘re leaving in 2days and my husband wants to do test truck and my daughter the frozen ride (super fan of elsa).
I‘ve been following the return times/availability through the app the last few days but both of them go pretty fast :/
what do you think is better to snag at 7AM? FEA or TT?

Test Track has been running out before Frozen, but both may be gone by the time you are eligible for second LL.

But stay tuned to see if Frozen goes back to being an ILL$ next week.

A question to double check the LL eligiblity rule. Earlier it was said it was either 2 hours or the latest one made was used.

does that mean that if you use your 7am for something relatively later in the day (say, 2pm). Assuming a park that opens at 9, if my 2nd one (made at 11am) is for something prior to the 2pm I already have, I can make more with that one as I use them? For example, if at 11am I make a 11:30, turn that in, I can continue to turn that one around into more even though I have one setup for 2?

A question to double check the LL eligiblity rule. Earlier it was said it was either 2 hours or the latest one made was used.

does that mean that if you use your 7am for something relatively later in the day (say, 2pm). Assuming a park that opens at 9, if my 2nd one (made at 11am) is for something prior to the 2pm I already have, I can make more with that one as I use them? For example, if at 11am I make a 11:30, turn that in, I can continue to turn that one around into more even though I have one setup for 2?

Yes, that is correct.

When I was refreshing looking for a better time for one particular ride, I would get all the way to the point where you book the ride, then back out two steps to see all the rides, then go forward two steps again to see if the time available changed. I liked doing it this way because refreshing on the screen that showed all the rides didn't guarantee that I would be able to book the times I saw.

Is there a more efficient way to refresh when your focus is narrowed to one ride? I wasn't sure if backing out once would do it or not.

When I was refreshing looking for a better time for one particular ride, I would get all the way to the point where you book the ride, then back out two steps to see all the rides, then go forward two steps again to see if the time available changed. I liked doing it this way because refreshing on the screen that showed all the rides didn't guarantee that I would be able to book the times I saw.

Is there a more efficient way to refresh when your focus is narrowed to one ride? I wasn't sure if backing out once would do it or not.
I would just tag the ride I was looking for as my only “selection” so it was at the very top and continuously pulled down the screen so it refreshed and if a time popped up I could grab it quickly. No need to click the ride and back out.

So I've been looking for the answer to this and maybe I found it, but I want to confirm. Can I buy a ILL for Remy's at 7am if I don't have an Epcot park reservation? Someone said you have to have a reservation for that park in order to purchase ILL for that day. This is disappointing if correct. Why can't I buy an ILL for ROTR and Remy's at 7am if I have a park hopper?

So I've been looking for the answer to this and maybe I found it, but I want to confirm. Can I buy a ILL for Remy's at 7am if I don't have an Epcot park reservation? Someone said you have to have a reservation for that park in order to purchase ILL for that day. This is disappointing if correct. Why can't I buy an ILL for ROTR and Remy's at 7am if I have a park hopper?
Yes you can, if you are staying on property. It will have a return time after 2:00pm since it’s your hop park.

Thank you! Yes, we are staying on property! What happens if you aren't? Do you have to be scanned into a park?

As off site guests this week, we weren’t able to purchase any ILL until park open. It sucks since SDMT was gone long before that. I keep hoping for a drop, but no luck. We did get lucky and I got FoP during a drop the other day.

As off site guests this week, we weren’t able to purchase any ILL until park open. It sucks since SDMT was gone long before that. I keep hoping for a drop, but no luck. We did get lucky and I got FoP during a drop the other day.
That's terrible. As offsite, I was able to buy all but RotR and I wasn't planning on it. 7dmt had several time slots available after 7pm while Remy had even more starting at 5pm. FoP, I was fortunate to come across a replenishment of availability an hour after park opening. Sounds like you got that as well.

After testing G+ twice and trying both strategies (stacking for evening vs. booking as early as possible), I prefer the evening stack for a couple of reasons.

1) I don’t have to stress about getting an early time for the most popular attractions at 7am. It’s not make or break to be lightning fast (pun intended). As long as I’m on at 7am I have been able to get my ILL$ and G+ with times that work for us no problem.

2) If I plan and refresh so my LL’s go in order of latest to earliest, then my most recent LL will most likely be the first I use when I begin to redeem them, meaning I can immediately book another one. Very little refreshing has been needed on both visits to see a good return time that works for us.

3) I’m only on my phone every two hours. Once I book an evening LL, there is nothing more I can do, so the phone goes away and I can enjoy attractions with shorter waits, walk around, eat a snack, see a cavalcade, etc.

4) Once I return in the evening I have anywhere from 3-5 LL’s lined up and ready to use. I can have even more lined up if I purchase two ILL$. We have split our strategy between using our ILL$ midday or clumping them with our evening LL’s. We like both options depending on the ride and/or the park we are hopping to.

5) After using our last LL it’s usually the end of the night so we can just hop in line at park close for one attraction for which we couldn’t grab a LL. Shorter wait and not wasting park time to ride it. Win win.

I think this strategy works best for guests who (1) don’t plan their vacation in a detailed minute-to-minute way, (2) don’t eat table service often and can be more flexible with the order of operations in their park experience, (3) enjoy the parks in the evening, and (4) have park hoppers and can move to another location after 2pm if other parks have better LL availability.

Used this strategy both in mid-November and the weekend prior to Christmas and was able to get a minimum of 6 LL’s each day no problem (and for good attractions, too). I also find the I’m doing a lot less pre-planning for our visits and I really really like that. We have our next visit MLK weekend and I’ve done zilch for park planning except which parks we might start in and what we might hop to (with the caveat that we might change our plan depending on what LL’s we get). Looking forward to seeing if this strategy continues to be effective for us or if we run into issues.

Last edited:
I would just tag the ride I was looking for as my only “selection” so it was at the very top and continuously pulled down the screen so it refreshed and if a time popped up I could grab it quickly. No need to click the ride and back out.

Instead of pulling down on the screen I just hit the “Tip Board” tab to refresh the screen.

Instead of pulling down on the screen I just hit the “Tip Board” tab to refresh the screen.
Different phones work differently. I have both an Android and iphone, one personal one work, but have the app on both. The tip board click works on the iPhone but not on the Android.

After testing G+ twice and trying both strategies (stacking for evening vs. booking as early as possible), I prefer the evening stack for a couple of reasons.

1) I don’t have to stress about getting an early time for the most popular attractions at 7am. It’s not make or break to be lightning fast (pun intended). As long as I’m on at 7am I have been able to get my ILL$ and G+ with times that work for us no problem.

2) If I plan and refresh so my LL’s go in order of latest to earliest, then my most recent LL will most likely be the first I use when I begin to redeem them, meaning I can immediately book another one. Very little refreshing has been needed on both visits to see a good return time that works for us.

3) I’m only on my phone every two hours. Once I book an evening LL, there is nothing more I can do, so the phone goes away and I can enjoy attractions with shorter waits, walk around, eat a snack, see a cavalcade, etc.

4) Once I return in the evening I have anywhere from 3-5 LL’s lined up and ready to use. I can have even more lined up if I purchase two ILL$. We have split our strategy between using our ILL$ midday or clumping them with our evening LL’s. We like both options depending on the ride and/or the park we are hopping to.

5) After using our last LL it’s usually the end of the night so we can just hop in line at park close for one attraction for which we couldn’t grab a LL. Shorter wait and not wasting park time to ride it. Win win.

I think this strategy works best for guests who (1) don’t plan their vacation in a detailed minute-to-minute way, (2) don’t eat table service often and can be more flexible with the order of operations in their park experience, (3) enjoy the parks in the evening, and (4) have park hoppers and can move to another location after 2pm if other parks have better LL availability.

Used this strategy both in mid-November and the weekend prior to Christmas and was able to get a minimum of 6 LL’s each day no problem (and for good attractions, too). I also find the I’m doing a lot less pre-planning for our visits and I really really like that. We have our next visit MLK weekend and I’ve done zilch for park planning except which parks we might start in and what we might hop to (with the caveat that we might change our plan depending on what LL’s we get). Looking forward to seeing if this strategy continues to be effective for us or if we run into issues.
We mainly used the later stacking method as well, but only because I didn't know when the family would be ready to go and most days we weren't at the park until our second selection was made.

I also agree with your comment about dining reservations. Those were always eating up a lot more time than I was hoping/planning for, making rushing to our next LL either a necessity or we would just blow it off. We still used 3-5 LLs in each park, but could have been more efficient not rushing to a reservation.

Next trip, I'm going to miss them only having 1 ILL$ per park and longer hours. It was nice having more G+ availability. Felt like we always had options Christmas week to select something if we wanted to throughout the day, even if it was to skip a 20-30 minute line.

Not coming until later this month but constantly on the app trying to make sure I understand everything! Just saw this and couldn’t believe it… 75 minute wait for Slinky Dog but could get a 7:05 LL at 7:04, almost seemed too good to be true!

Attachments

• 5A6E3CA8-5BCD-461C-B845-1B36B6C36D04.png
    5A6E3CA8-5BCD-461C-B845-1B36B6C36D04.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 82

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter