The Future of Dues/Maint. Fees...

I don't see why they would want to discourage rentals. Had I never rented, I never would have experienced, and then ended up buying DVC. Granted, I bought resale, but Disney is still getting my visits = my money.

Renting kind of falls under the coupon theory. You can keep your MSRP inflated and sell to the uninformed at high prices, while also capturing that segment of the market that will only pay discounted rates.

Renting essentially gets you a deluxe room at a slightly higher than moderate price. And human nature is that once someone has a taste for the sweet life (or suite life...haha), it is VERY hard to go backwards.

I can attest firsthand. That first "free" upgrade I got to a first class seat 10 years ago has cost me dearly. I don't upgrade all the time by any stretch -- but I spend way too much time and airline miles figuring out ways to get there.

Renting kind of falls under the coupon theory. You can keep your MSRP inflated and sell to the uninformed at high prices, while also capturing that segment of the market that will only pay discounted rates.

Renting essentially gets you a deluxe room at a slightly higher than moderate price. And human nature is that once someone has a taste for the sweet life (or suite life...haha), it is VERY hard to go backwards.

I can attest firsthand. That first "free" upgrade I got to a first class seat 10 years ago has cost me dearly. I don't upgrade all the time by any stretch -- but I spend way too much time and airline miles figuring out ways to get there.

I completely agree there. I went from only moderates to renting DVC, then got hooked on deluxe resorts. Now that I tried a 2 bedroom, I will never want to go back studios again. I'm stuck now!

Has anyone ever requested the audit opinion for DVC? As an auditor and owner, I would love to look into the working papers to see the testing of charges against DVC dues. With these massive increases, I would bet that Disney works very hard to push expenses to the DVC side of the house. I would like to examine the methodology of segregating the costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter