The FP+ line for Everest is all the way across the bridge to Nemo

We asked that. They claim it wasn’t - their reply was, “Welcome to the week before Christmas!”

But aren’t the number of FP’s distributed a fixed amount. Standby is “only” 60m.

We asked that. They claim it wasn’t - their reply was, “Welcome to the week before Christmas!”

But aren’t the number of FP’s distributed a fixed amount. Standby is “only” 60m.
Unless they hand out anytime FPs like they have been.

Yeah, that'll happen from time to time during super busy seasons. Ride could have been down for a few minutes, perhaps everyone with a FP+ that fits that time frame happens to be heading there at the same time.

We saw this when we were there for Thanksgiving. DW and I had some alone time...we sent the kids off on their own...and I was able to grab a FP+ for the safari just minutes ahead of time. We walked over and the line for FP+ was all the way out of the entrance and far down the walkway. I'd never seen anything like it. We decided not to go because we didn't want to wind up waiting too long and miss the meet time with our kids. So we just sat there for a little and chilled, and within 15 minutes or so the line had gone back down significantly. It was still longer than it normally is in summer, but nothing crazy. The irony of that situation was that the kids were waiting in standby for FoP and they had said they were getting close...which is why we didn't go on the safari. But shortly after that one of the theaters for FoP went down, so they wound up waiting another hour...we could have easily gone on the safari. Oh well.

We arrived at the gates of AK at 9:00 on Tuesday, got in Standby line for FOP at 9:15, and got on the ride 4 hours later. We were told when we got in the line initially, it was a 2 hour wait from that site. About an hour later, another castmember told us at that time it was a 2 hour wait from where we were. When we finally passed the Fastpass admission area, we were once again told 2 hours from there. I never would have knowingly gotten into a 4 hour line. Felt a little deceived.

We arrived at the gates of AK at 9:00 on Tuesday, got in Standby line for FOP at 9:15, and got on the ride 4 hours later. We were told when we got in the line initially, it was a 2 hour wait from that site. About an hour later, another castmember told us at that time it was a 2 hour wait from where we were. When we finally passed the Fastpass admission area, we were once again told 2 hours from there. I never would have knowingly gotten into a 4 hour line. Felt a little deceived.
I would’ve been extremely upset. That’s such a waste of a day.

ok glad I'm not losing my mind... Maybe confusing since this post is about EE but then OP talks about 4 hours wait for FoP... Or I'm just tired since I just got back from WDW last night!

I was there last year for Christmas and I'm arriving for another trip on the 29th. Last year, the FP line for EE was the same. It took me 20 minutes to get to the ride. I asked a CM why the line was longer for FP, and the CM said that Disney distributes more fastpasses this time of year due to the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter