The Fountain or Beaches N Cream?

robinbutterfly

DIS Veteran
Considering everything...food, atmosphere, fun etc. Which one is better, The Fountain in the Dolphin or Beaches N Cream at Beach Club?

I love Beaches and Cream for an ice cream sundae.
No Way Jose, is a must do for DH and I.

Enjoy!

Beaches & Cream is one of our favorites and an always Must Do. The best burgers in the world..ice cream is yummy too. Great shakes but we always tend to get Diet Vanilla Cokes with our burgers.

Eaten at Beaches and cream many times...burgers are not much better than the park burgers. The fountain has MUCH better burgers but B&C beats them on desserts

The Fountain has MUCH better food.Beaches and cream is only good for Ice cream and even then it isn't worth the waits the place generates

The Fountain has MUCH better food.Beaches and cream is only good for Ice cream and even then it isn't worth the waits the place generates

I agree with this except that I do love B&C atmosphere better than the fountain. But the food is better at the Fountain, Ice Cream better at B&C.
I've had both and that's my personal opinion of course... altho DH agrees :flower3:
If you go to B&C at off times or right when they open I think it's worth at least 1 visit.

Beaches and Cream is awesome. It's a really small 50s-style soda fountain and can be quite loud (and fun). Yummy burgers and fries.

What's the atmosphere at The Fountain like? Never been.

The Fountain, hands down.

Atmosphere is about the same (not themed though).

Food is better at the Fountain.

Ice cream is better at the Fountain. I think it is the best on property! I own at the BC but love staying at the S/D and love eating at the Fountain Plus with DVC card, I get a discount there so that is esp. nice.

I do like B&C but I think the food/ice cream is better at the Fountain.
Most of your answers will be B&C but many people have never eaten at the S/D places compared to B&C. I'd keep that in mind as I see the answers!

We have not been to B&C yet. (We will be when we stay there during F&W this year tho) We have been to the Fountain though and the Apple Pie sundae is unbelievable. It is delicious. Also, a big plus was that we walked right in sat down and ordered. Basically no wait. Don't expect that at B&C.

I've eaten at both multiple times, and although I like them both, I say B&C wins hands down.

1) The food is better. For me, nothing compares to the B&C burger. The desserts taste much better to me too.

2) Atmosphere and service. The Dolphin can sometimes be kind of deserted and depressing. Even when it's crowded, it feels more like a "hotel restaurant" rather than a fun place with its own identity. Servers are "Disney" at B&C; the servers at the Dolphin are definitely not.

3) Random note: At the Dolphin, sandwiches (including burgers) come with chips rather than fries. If you want fries, it's $2.25 extra (based on the last time I was there in 2011). lol.

If you go to B&C, try to visit at an off-peak time (right when it opens or an early dinner are the best bets in my experience). It's so much more fun when you don't have to wait. :)

Another vote for beaches and cream. my kids loved the retro coke bottles most of all.

Beaches and Cream served the absolute worst meal I have ever eaten in 20+ trips to Disney. Definitely NOT worth the wait or price, IMO. But the No Way Jose sundae was amazing...that I'd go back for in a heartbeat. Never eaten at the Fountain so I can't compare, but there's no way it could be *worse* than B&C.

The Fountain, hands down!

The Fountain's food is amazing. Fresh, delicious and consistent. We eat there all the time & recommend this place to everyone! They have a large, diverse menu and DH and I LOVE their cheese fries. Best fries on the planet. We also love their homemade soups and chili.

The staff is so friendly!! :) We have never have to wait for a table and the service is impeccable.

And the ice cream!! Very extensive ice cream menu and also have an ice cream take-out counter. Delicious. My husband is an ice cream fanatic and he dreams about their ice cream. He talks about it all the time! It is that good. We go back in one month and he is already talking about the ice cream.

We have been to Beaches 3 times over the years and it was ok. Nothing great. It was really crowded, food wasn't spectacular and the waitstaff seemed flustered at times.

Go to The Fountain.
And BTW, The Fountain has their version of The Kitchen Sink. It is called The Fountain Funnel and it is under 20 bucks!

The Fountain, hands down!

The Fountain's food is amazing. Fresh, delicious and consistent. We eat there all the time & recommend this place to everyone! They have a large, diverse menu and DH and I LOVE their cheese fries. Best fries on the planet. We also love their homemade soups and chili.

The staff is so friendly!! :) We have never have to wait for a table and the service is impeccable.

And the ice cream!! Very extensive ice cream menu and also have an ice cream take-out counter. Delicious. My husband is an ice cream fanatic and he dreams about their ice cream. He talks about it all the time! It is that good. We go back in one month and he is already talking about the ice cream.

We have been to Beaches 3 times over the years and it was ok. Nothing great. It was really crowded, food wasn't spectacular and the waitstaff seemed flustered at times.

Go to The Fountain.
And BTW, The Fountain has their version of The Kitchen Sink. It is called The Fountain Funnel and it is under 20 bucks!

:thumbsup2 Yay! Someone else who loves the Fountain's ice cream like I do! :cheer2:

And you know, you are right about the service too. I really have not had a bad experience with anyone who works in either the Swan or the Dolphin. Thinking of all the meals I have eaten there (inc. Picabos, Shula's, the Fountain) and the maid service, stores, front desk etc. They really train their people and hire people who care about CS.

Thumbs up to the S/D! :thumbsup2

B&C is a must for us every trip. Never been to the Fountain, but we like the burgers at B&C and it's pretty cheap (for Disney). I've always thought it was one of the best values at Disney and the shakes are awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter