The Fort Wilderness May 2017 Movie and Recreation Calendar Is Available

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
The May 2017 movie and rec list is available now. New this month seems to be a "Throwback Tuesday" movie night on some Tuesdays. My favorite movie this month is "Hunchback". Love that music.

Plus there will be a special event to celebrate Memorial Day.

Bama Ed

PWR1FAKf_page_1.jpg PWR1FAKf_page_2.jpg

The May 2017 movie and rec list is available now. New this month seems to be a "Throwback Tuesday" movie night on some Tuesdays. My favorite movie this month is "Hunchback". Love that music.

Plus there will be a special event to celebrate Memorial Day.

Bama Ed

View attachment 233832 View attachment 233833

Thanks Bama Ed! We are going to the Fort in three weeks for the first time and have been excitedly waiting to see what will be going on! We appreciate you posting this!

Is the 8pm sing a long and 840pm movie start time going to be accurate throughout the yr. or does it vary? We're coming in Aug 24th and want to know when we'd have to get there from Disney Springs bus and the 2nd bus connection from Ft Wilderness hub. Looks like we'd have to choose between the movie and the fireworks at the beach/boat ride to MK. Currently MK closes at 9pm, but hoping that gets extended.

Nick, those times will still be in place for August.

For those reading, the times do change but it's seasonal around when the clocks move. So around November the times back up to 7 and 740pm and in March they move forward to the 8 and 840pm times.

Yes, it's a conflict if you really like the movie they're playing that night.

Bama Ed

Nick, those times will still be in place for August.

For those reading, the times do change but it's seasonal around when the clocks move. So around November the times back up to 7 and 740pm and in March they move forward to the 8 and 840pm times.

Yes, it's a conflict if you really like the movie they're playing that night.

Bama Ed

Thanks! I hear the viewing for fireworks is good on the Ft Wilderness beach. Do you know if watching from the small boat ride from Ft W is not so good (because you can't stand up like you can on the big ferry from T&T Center). Perhaps another tradeoff between beating some of the crowds at MK for bus back to my hotel. I know I've tried watching from top of monorail perch at MK before and there were some trees. Thanks again.

Well, catching the fireworks on the boats to FW is very hit-or-miss. Not something I would bet my lunch money on.

As for the beach, the trees on Discovery Island tend to block the view of some very low fireworks. But you catch 90% or more I would say.

Bama Ed

Well, catching the fireworks on the boats to FW is very hit-or-miss. Not something I would bet my lunch money on.

As for the beach, the trees on Discovery Island tend to block the view of some very low fireworks. But you catch 90% or more I would say.

Bama Ed
Good to know, thank you!

There is so much to do just in FW. It almost makes me want to cancel our second Epcot day. I predict i'll start a new thread for advice soon.

There is so much to do just in FW. It almost makes me want to cancel our second Epcot day. I predict i'll start a new thread for advice soon.

Well - I'm sure Bama Ed would be a good resource for you if you do post a question! Most of my trips in the 80's-early 2000's were in Ft. W, camping and occasionally cabins. Many of us who have only stayed at the resorts just aren't aware of all of the things they're missing out on. I try to visit Ft. W. when staying a resort - whether it's the sing a long/movie on a non park day or Hoop D Doo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter