The Fat Guy's (AKA Pooh's) Guide To DLRP Rides

snuggles79

Earning My Ears
Having just got back from Disneyland Paris I thought I would write a "fat person's guide" AKA "Pooh's Guide" to the rides at Disneyland.

I won't give my exact measurements but suffice to say I am not exactly tiny - 6'1 is my height and both my waist and chest are considerably over 50 inches - so I can definitely say this is a true guide!

I have included a pic of me below to give you a better idea of my size too (I'm the one in the white t-shirt in case you couldn't guess!):

fatty.jpg

Before I went I was really worried I would end up getting chucked off a lot of the rides and I know a few others have been worried too - so I hope this guide helps others!

DISNEYLAND PARK - ADVENTURELAND

La Cabane des Robinson
This ride was closed whilst we were there

Pirates' Beach
Too old / tall to be allowed to play here!

Le Passage Enchante d'Aladdin
Didn't go on this

Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Peril
Chickened out of going on this at the last moment

Adventure Isle
Didn't go on this

Pirates Of The Caribbean
No problems with this ride at all. You sit in a boat - could easily fit me and my friend beside each other. No restraints

DISNEYLAND PARK - FRONTIERLAND

Legends Of The Wild West
Didn't do this

River Rogue Keelboats
Didn't go on this

Phantom Manor
No problems at all on this ride. You sit in a car either by yourself or with one other - as there were three in my group for this ride I elected to go in my own car. Can't remember exactly how they keep you in your seats but I know I had a lot of room left.

Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing (Paddle Steamer)
It's a big paddle steamer so of course no problems on this. No recreation of the Titanic when I got on!

Rustler Roundup Shootin' Gallery
Closed whilst we were there

Big Thunder Mountain
As I have experienced other runaway mine trains I opted for my own "carriage" as I knew I would have to sit with my legs diagonally due to them being quite long. Pull down restraint in front of me that I had absoloutely no problems with.

Pocahontas Indian Village
Way too old to go on this

Disney Railroad
It's a train. It has carriages with lots of seating in each one. It's not a problem as the seats are "benches" so you do not have to fit into a single seat.

DISNEYLAND PARK - FANTASYLAND

Sleeping Beauty Castle
It's a castle you can walk around so no problems at all.

Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains
Didn't go on this

Les Voyages de Pinocchio
To be honest I found this ride really boring so don't really remember how it was done other than we sat in some sort of carriage. I know I had no problems fitting in though.

Le Carousel de Lancelot
It's a carousel so no real problems other than having feet too big for the stirrups so ended up hurting my poor little tootsies!

Peter Pan's Flight
You sit in little boats for this and can lower the bar across you as much as you need to - it then locks. I lowered it too far the first time and could barely breath! The second time I lowered it less and was fine. Did sit in my own seat (rather than with my friend) due to my long legs again!

Dumbo The Flying Elephant
A seatbelt keeps you in this ride but the seatbelt is designed to fit across two people so absolutely no problems with it. Did have an elephant all to myself.

Alice's Curious Labyrinth
Closed whilst I was there

Mad Hatter's Tea Cups
A tea cup ride. I shared with just one friend. Due to long legs was a bit of a problem both of us fitting in - but that was the only problem!

Casey Jr.
Didn't go on this

Le Pays des Contes de Fees
Didn't go on this

It's A Small World
A big boat ride with long seats and no restraints so absolutely no problems with this. Me and my three friends managed to fit on one seat but it was a bit of a tight squeeze so three is best.

DISNEYLAND PARK - DISCOVERYLAND

Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
Actually had room to spare on this ride. You sit in a carriage for two (that can easily fit two) and a "control panel" comes down as the ride starts. Plenty of room to move even with this panel down.

Orbitron
Didn't go on this. When I saw the "spaceships" I kind of knew there was no way I would fit in. My friend (who is a light smaller than me) went on it and had very little room to move so I am 99.99% sure my thoughts were correct.

Star Tours
Didn't go on this. My friends did this on the last day. There was a 40 minute queue. My feet were so tired I couldn't be bothered to queue up for it so just sat around waiting for them.

Honey, I Shrunk The Audience
Didn't do this

Les Mysteres du Nautilus
A walk round attraction so absolutely no problems.

Autopia
Small cars + long legs = awkwardness. Sat in the passenger's side of the car and leaned over to do the "steering". No problems other than that. There is a seatbelt that you wear but, again, this is designed for two people so no problems at all.

Space Mountain: Mission 2
This was the ride I was most nervous about fitting on but had absolutely no problems at all. The ride uses an "over the head" harness that most rollercoasters use. Managed to click the harness down quite a few clicks. However, because I didn't quite sit down far enough in the sea it was half a millimetre away from the next click so seemed fairly loose to me. Didn't bother staff and I survived the ride so obviously not a problem!

Well that's Disneyland Park done - I will follow on with Walt Disney Studios in a seperate post on this thread

And here's the details for Walt Disney Studios rides:

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS - BACKLOT

Armageddon Special Effects
A walk through attraction so no problems at all

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
After my experience on Space Mountain: Mission 2 I learnt my lesson and scooted down in my seat a bit more. This time the over-the-head harness fitted perfectly. No problems at all

Moteurs .... Action!
Didn't do this

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS - PRODUCTION COURTYARD

CineMagique
Didn't do this

Playhouse Disney Live On Stage!
Didn't do this

Stitch Live
You sit on benches for this show so absolutely no problems

The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror
Chickened out of going on this ride

Studio Tram Tour: Behind The Magic
You sit in "trucks" for this on long benches so no problems whatsoever

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS - TOON STUDIO

Animagique
Didn't do this

Cars Race Rally
Didn't do this

Crush's Coaster
Didn't do this. Started queueing for this ride but with an 80 minute wait and lots of signs saying "people of a certain size / build may not be able to ride this ride" we left the queue.

Les Tapis Volants - Flying Carpets Over Agrabah
Closed whilst we were there

Art Of Disney Animation
Didn't do this

So that's the end of my report. Whilst I didn't go on every ride I went on quite a few of the "main ones" that I thought I might have trouble fitting on and had no problems with them. So I hope this guide helps other Pooh like visitors to the parks be more relaxed about going on the rides!

Good stuff. As I always state on these threads, I too am a big guy (6ft 2 tall, 52 inch waist (has been bigger) and a 56-58 inch chest. I can ride everything (and have many times) at DLP. Crush is a just with breathing in.

the uncomfortable ones are Indy, Cars and Crush, but I can do them.

Oh well as you gave your measurements I will give mine too :lmao:

Chest and waist are both 60 / 62

It was never a ruse to get you to put your details in here snuggly. I just wanted to make sure people had some perspective. That said, I suppose we should put the disclaimer in here that everyone's body shapes are different, so if in doubt, talk to a cast member.

awww well done for this...great stuff, my husband was a big lad at 6ft 1" and a 40" waist at heaviest I think it was....hes shrinkin now (down to 34-36" waist now) but yeah he used to worry about the rides but was ok!!!...he would have loved to have seen this at the time cause it is stress when you haven't been before..

kinda wish there was some kind of THANKS button to press for you!!! xxxxx

but hey have a hug instead!! :hug:

:goodvibes

Great idea :goodvibes

Hopefully it will help to ease the fears of those who are worried about thier size.

Thanks for such a detailed thread!

I know a lot of people worry about this before they travel, so hopefully a link to this can be saved somewhere for future pooh sized guests!!

Glad you had a great trip, and I'm pretty certain if you fitted in RnRC and SM:M2 that tower of terror wouldn't have been a fit problem! :teeth:

It wasn't the fear of not fitting on Tower Of Terror that stopped me going on it I can assure you :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter