The Fastpass System?

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have an updated link on the fastpass system at Disneyland? Last time we went a few years ago it was still the traditional paper fast passes, but now I know there is a thing called maxpass. Can someone provide a link for all the details on how the new fastpass works? Or is it still the traditional fast pass with the option to add on max pass?

There is still the traditional Fastpass system, except now the paper tickets the machines give you are only reminders - when you return at your designated time, you scan your park ticket or annual pass instead.

MaxPass is an add-on and lets you make FP reservations from within the app (along with some other benefits):

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/maxpass/

How does MP work with the Early Entry/Morning Magic? Can you make a MP for the other park even if it's not open yet? Or for the park you are in even before official park opening?

ie if DL had MM at 7am for an 8am regular open and they opened the gates at 6:30, could you book at FP for say Radiator Springs Racers even if it doesn't open until 9?

How does MP work with the Early Entry/Morning Magic? Can you make a MP for the other park even if it's not open yet? Or for the park you are in even before official park opening?

ie if DL had MM at 7am for an 8am regular open and they opened the gates at 6:30, could you book at FP for say Radiator Springs Racers even if it doesn't open until 9?

I haven't done it, but from my understanding, yes, you can book Fastpasses for both parks as soon as you're through the turnstiles, but the return times will all be after the park officially opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter