The Erin, Luke, Stacey and Dave Fan Club

This is my favorite Disney vacation video! I love everything about it and watch it when the urge to go to Disney overwhelms me.

I like the different personalities as I realize they were needed to reach "everyone".

Erin's last name is Cahill. She has a facebook page, which keeps her fans updated on her career.

Dave is a comedian and an actor. I've only seen his last name in print once and for the life of me can't remember what it is.

I've never found any information on either Stacey or Luke and often wonder what/how they are doing.

:tinker: The combination of these four persons created the most wonderful Disney vacation experience imaginable!

I agree!
Yes, Luke could be a little annoying, but it was fun to say his lines with him (like with Top 7 Stacy) "We don't need no stinkin' gravity!"

I didn't get the whole bench-sitting Dave thing, but I really liked Stacey and Erin. You did get to see them running around WDW, having fun, so it was enjoyable to watch.

The new one for 2011, I'm not wild about. THe host is lovely and I'm sure she is doing the job just as directed, so nothing against her. But hosting from....where? Her living room? Between the set and her very matter of fact delivery, I feel like I am watching a commercial for air freshener during her segments. Whoever is behind these segments may have been the marketing genius that toned down Stacy in the Resort must-do loop.
OMG, I am glad I'm not the only one to have noticed that Stacey has been considerably toned down from the earlier '06 and '08 Top 7 Must-See's of Walt Disney World to the '11 Walt Disney World Must-See's. My wife and I were very disappointed last year on our visit to see that she was a lot more subdued. Her energy was electrifying and amped you for the parks each morning.

Bring back the more energetic Stacey please!!!

Lol, I see this thread is old, but made me laugh! We loved this video because of Dave!! So glad others appreciated it as much as we did!!

While I agree with you all that the Happiest Celebration on Earth Vacation Planning DVD is excellent, it's actually second favourite in our household; a very close second but a second none-the-less. Our favourite is actually the 2001 '100 Years of Magic' video hosted by Jim Korkis.

This is simply because it was our first trip back then on our honeymoon and holds a very special place in our hearts. Since then, Erin, Luke, Dave and Stacey and joined the various other ones we have and it in particular has become very special to us also.

I agree with you all wholeheartedly that the current crop of Vacation Planning DVD's ('Year of a Million Dreams' etc) are very ordinary. The only good thing to come out of that era wass the In-House Disney Resort 'Top 7 Must-See's of Walt Disney World' starring Stacey. And as I've commented earlier, even that has been toned down now to a rather subdued level.

Hopefully a bit of energy will be visited back upon the Vacation Planning DVD's and the Resort In-Room promo's.

Just pulled out a planning DVD to watch with my DD and it was this one. :goodvibes
Totally a happy accident.
I spent the day writing my Thesis and seeing fb pics of Food and Wine....I needed this. ;)

Never heard of these people. But I do know who Stacey is. Watched her once and that was enough...

Dave is clearly an alchiholic who goes to Disney to see the happy children and try to fill the hole his wife carved when she left and took the kids

Found this post today because I saw Dave in a KardiaMobile commercial. Took me a minute to place his face and voice, but then it all clicked. I should rewatch the video.

Never heard of these people. But I do know who Stacey is. Watched her once and that was enough...

I know it's 5 years later, but I assume you watched this Stacey. 1712779235107.png

The Stacy mentioned in this thread is the one on the left of the image, next to Erin Cahill.
1712779326635.png

Not to long ago I was watching TV and an ad came on for (I forget the name) but it was for a credit card size item that if you held you two thumbs on each side it would tell you what your heart was doing. The "salesman" was a more mature, gray haired guy that rode around on a bus randomly stopping and asking people to check out the item.

I watched it a few times and knew that I knew or had seen that particular "salesman". Finally, it struck me. It was a much older and more energetic DAVE.

To this day, Disney has never put out a better promotional vacation video. I wonder what Luke looks like now. Bet he's nowhere as cool now and is probably taking his own kids to WDW. In 2008 I took my daughters, son in laws and grandchildren to WDW. Previous to going, the grandkids practically wore that DVD or VCR tape out, I don't remember which that was, watching it over and over again.

PS. I just noticed that someone else posted about Dave. Sorry for the redundancy. I'll try and do better next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter