The end of Illuminations. Are people freaking out and planning "last view" dates like they did with Wishes?

Concerning the OP statement about it being surprised it was so easy to find a spot - it’s ALWAYS easier to find a spot for Illuminations. That’s the difference between fireworks in the round at Epcot and a central preferred viewing angle at MK.

I haven’t seen Illuminations in a while; not a conscious decision, it just worked out that way. We’ll be visiting in August and I’ve made sure to add it to our itinerary.

For our six night trip in August, we will spend four of the nights at Epcot. I am hopeful that I will love the new show, but Illuminations holds a very, very special place in my heart, and I’m sure there will be tears.

Never had the same emotional attachment to Illuminations that I did to Wishes. Just hearing the music would make me tear up, just seemed classic Disney, with the character voices narrating, music, Tink flying, etc of course with castle backdrop for fireworks. Luckily saw it one more time the fall before they announced it was ending, but would have seen again if we could have made arrangements. If there we would see Illuminations again, but wouldn't make a special trip, but I know many others will as it is their special show. However, agree in Aug. it will probably not be crazy, and as PP mentioned, so many more spots to see from in WS. But knowing you have dessert party is nice to not have to worry about finding a spot and just enjoy it!

I am so sad to see illuminations go. It has been a tradition for the last 20 years to go to Rose and Crown and watch from there. I think once or twice we have watched from somewhere other than there, but I honestly can't remember it. Makes me very sad to see it go.

We made sure to see it a few months ago. Just watched the video of last night's 4th of July celebration and it was beautiful. It's one of our favorite shows and I can't imagine how they will top it. For us, Illuminations is full of great memories so we probably won't be the best judge.

I've seen a few AP holders book short trips for the last performance. We're leaving a few days before the final showing, but I would have loved to extend the trip and be there for the very last one. Watching Illuminations in 2000 is one of my most favorite childhood memories. I'll be very very sad to say goodbye.

I am sad to see it go. It spoilt ever other firework show I ever went to, because it was so good.
I managed to get the Rose and Crown package for our last night on the 21st.

I must be behind - I thought it ended last week.. Huh.

We went in February and bid our farewell. Easily my favorite show at Disney. Have been loving it since 2000, when they did Tapestry of Nations, too..

I must be behind - I thought it ended last week.. Huh.

We went in February and bid our farewell. Easily my favorite show at Disney. Have been loving it since 2000, when they did Tapestry of Nations, too..
We did the same. I had my last trip in December and I knew that I was seeing it for the last time already. And it had a few technical glitches (globe didn't open , no flame or fireworks from it) so it was like the show was telling me "get a life and move on already" 😂

Haven't booked it yet but am still hoping to swing a short solo trip to say goodbye and be there for the final show. I did my College Program in Spring 2000 so Tapestry of Nations and Illuminations were a huge part of my CP experience and I have a real sentimental attachment to the show. I took a trip in May and made sure to see it as many nights as possible just in case I can't make it back for the final show but I am so sad to see it go.

I've seen a few AP holders book short trips for the last performance. We're leaving a few days before the final showing, but I would have loved to extend the trip and be there for the very last one. Watching Illuminations in 2000 is one of my most favorite childhood memories. I'll be very very sad to say goodbye.

Illuminations 2000 was our return to WDW after a nearly 15 yr break. We've been almost every year since and haven't missed seeing it at least once each trip. Lots of good memories and I wouldn't miss the last one for anything.

Illuminations has been my favorite forever,HEA is probably the better show but for me its still Illuminations,I'll be there on 9/30 for the final one as well as on 10/1 for the new show which is also my birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter