• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The end is now in sight for New Jersey Friday may28

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
New Jersey still has their mask mandate for inside places with no end date. I see California has a end date now. Any other states that still require masks? Let’s not make this political the governors are doing what they think is right for their state. I’m jealous tell me how it feels to walk into a store with no mask on?

Judging by my cousin's happy selfie in her local store it feels great. Knowing she is not vaccinated and also has spent the last week complaining on Facebook about how sick she is (not that I know she has covid, just that she is sick) I am not in a hurry for NJ to change policies.

I think there are pockets of masking in many places. My niece lives in Burlington, VT and restaurants request that people in your party all live in the same house. So there are definitely different procedures from area to area and state to state.

NJ is an international hub with 3 major airports on its borders (LGA, JFK, and PHL) not to mention NWR within the state. Im wondering if that is a factor in the masking decisions - not to mention all the intrastate commuting.

I heard yesterday that Philadelphia still requires a mask even though the state of PA does not....

NJ here, so I can’t tell you. Just had my hair trimmed, and needed mask on the whole time.

I think our governor (MI) is speaking about Covid things today. We've been pretty strict with our protocols here so will be interesting to hear what she has to to say. Our Colleen (Detroit Tiger avatar) hopefully gets on here and explains.....she's so good at making sense of what people say. :goodvibes

I’m in NJ and my hope is it’s only going to be a little longer. I’m trying to give the benefit of the doubt that by waiting a couple more weeks the numbers will crash so low that 2 things happen:
  • Children not old enough to vaccinate will be at very little risk over the summer
  • School can 1000% be planned to open normally for fall.

I heard yesterday that Philadelphia still requires a mask even though the state of PA does not....

Pennsylvania has not lifted its mask mandate for unvaccinated people. And local governments can have stricter requirements.

New Jersey still has their mask mandate for inside places with no end date. I see California has a end date now. Any other states that still require masks? Let’s not make this political the governors are doing what they think is right for their state. I’m jealous tell me how it feels to walk into a store with no mask on?

Freeing, it feels freeing! And a bit like you are walking around naked :lmao: But it was so nice to see folks faces.

Maine is dropping its indoor mask order for fully vaccinated people and lifting the physical distancing requirement at indoor public settings like restaurants and bars, effective May 24. The decision is based on new guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Physical distancing requirements will no longer be in place for indoor restaurants, bars, dining areas in camps or in congregate living facilities and break rooms. It is still recommended that people in Maine who are not fully vaccinated wear face coverings in indoor public settings, and masks are required on all planes, buses, trains and other forms of public transportation.

My brother has refused to wear a mask all along and is vehemently NOT being vaccinated. I'm fully vaccinated... I'll continue to wear my mask when I am out as I don't trust people to be honest anymore. I've been wearing this mask over a year, and most of the time I forget that I have it on. It's no big deal for me to wear it, but getting covid would be a HUGE deal for me... so I'll mask for awhile longer.

Here in Indiana too. State lifted the mandate, but some stores still require them.

Headed down to Indy to see my DS, DIL and my darling granddaughter. :) DH won't have to wear his mask if not required. Me, I will mask up where needed and probably where not needed. I'm sure our Marriot hotel will still follow their Covid protocols.....I guess anyway.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter