The Edison

FastPass Dad

Mouseketeer
I've never eaten there but we have a rez for our upcoming trip. When it first opened, there was quite a bit of hype around it. I don't hear much about it anymore. Is it not living up to expectations? What are some of your recent experiences?

Was just there, like two weeks ago. Have been twice before. We like it enough to go once a trip. The place is really fun but you have to go in with the right set of expectations...
  • Go late on a weekend for the best entertainment. They have an Aerialist and a decent band and a girl who hula-hoops as well as a set of flapper dancers.
  • The food is more likely to let you down than the drinks. Really we've settled on this place as a nightcap joint and just get a couple appetizers to hold the cocktails down.
  • Go outside the menu for the cocktails. The listed drinks are all well and good, but the Ed's mixologists are actually really good.
  • Engage the talent. We chatted up the flapper on stilts and learned all about her scientist steampunk inventor brother, who sometime later happened to stop by to show off his latest inventions. We chat up the absinthe-fairy shot girl every time and it's always a hoot. The Edison continues the Disney tradition of storytelling via venue.
I put the Ed in the same category as Jock Lindsay's. The atmosphere is fun and the Drinks are great (well Jock's is a mixed bag in this regard). The Edison has better food but I don't think it's a great value for the price. The place has a really weird vibe, like it's still very Disney Bubble, but it's such a set of grown-up themes at the same time it catches you off guard.

Was there with DH late in August. We booked later reservation hoping to see the entertainment but alas, there was none on a Sunday night. Very disappointed. However had a most excellent old fashioned! Very tasty. The food was better than we had anticipated but there are so many excellent options in the springs, I probably wouldn’t choose to go back any time soon. Though our server was excellent and personable which helped make up a bit for the lack of entertainment. Let us know what you think!

I've gone for lunch and drinks and love it! It has interesting options and great staff. I always feel it deserves a little more attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter