The Edison: CHECK YOUR BILL!

This is the dumbest thread. “On the rocks” means liquor on just ice and should never mean anything different. Anything more is just upselling by establishments that are probably already overpriced.
I agree this a dunb thread. Some posters can't accept the fact that on the rocks drinks are served with extra liquor, some places some parts of country.

Evidently this isn't common; nationwide. Edison needs better communication, if that's what they're doing

Who is even eating at the Edison anyway? This is one of those WDW restaurants you never hear about.

It sounds like the SERVER needs to be better informed about this. The answer "you asked for rocks" is a non explanation. They should have explained what, specifically, the upcharge was for (extra liquor), because clearly the OP thought the charge was for ice.

Why is it so hard for people, when presented evidence, to accept that a thing might mean something different than they thought it did My gosh. Is it so hard to admit you might have been wrong about something?

On the rocks, at anything other than a dive bar, means extra alcohol. It always has. Google it.
It’s literally in the dictionary. 🤷‍♂️

Why is it so hard for people, when presented evidence, to accept that a thing might mean something different than they thought it did My gosh. Is it so hard to admit you might have been wrong about something?

On the rocks, at anything other than a dive bar, means extra alcohol. It always has. Google it.
How can you have read this thread and say that??

There is a pretty even split of people, many of whom are in the industry, on this important issue of the day (debt ceiling -smet ceiling!! LOL).

So many on the interwebs want to assign a firm yes/no/black/white answer to everything when the reality of most issues are lots of grey. And this admittedly ridiculous topic, is no different.

As proof, I took your google advice and Dr. Google came up with the very different answers than you assured us we would see - the top couple indicate the same amounts - neat and rocks:

1685552637191.png

Your references above also say a "neat" pour is 2 oz. Is there a $6 upcharge for a neat pour? The OP ordered straight JW, nothing else, so it appears it should be a 2 oz. pour whether it was with or without ice.

What Is a Standard Rocks Pour?​

When liquor is ordered neat or on the rocks, it’s a 2-ounce pour.

This is for two reasons. The first is that the liquor is the only liquid in the glass, so you get a little more of it. To avoid looking like you’re sipping on a shot. The second is that neat and rocks drinks tend to be for top-shelf liquors that people savor. The experience is more about enjoying the liquor than enjoying a mix that masks it. A bartender right out of bartending school should be a maser in this simple pour.
The bolded is really why I wouldn't expect an upcharge for neat/on the rocks in the OP's situation. For this type of liquor (or anything on their spirits menu that doesn't specify qty) I would expect the price shown to be for a 2oz neat/on the rocks pour, not for a shot.

One thing we can all agree on, if the OP's description is true, the Edison can do better at describing the up-charge.
That's why I find all the back and forth over just what it means to whomever not the point at all. You don't have to list individual pricing on anything really but if an establishment opts to charge more for something it needs to be explained. Otherwise you open your establishment up for customers objecting to paying for something they didn't understand they would be paying for.

I mean, this is obviously a troll thread anyway, like almost every single one started by a new user just to complain about something. Its clearly a smear job aimed at the Edison. 🤣
Well you spent a long time on the thread and high brow-ing your alcohol knowledge so guess it worked out for you :laughing:

I mean, this is obviously a troll thread anyway, like almost every single one started by a new user just to complain about something. Its clearly a smear job aimed at the Edison. 🤣
I was thinking the same thing. It appears someone wanted to create a negative opinion of Edison. Maybe, a disgruntled employee, maybe not? Regardless, it appears to have worked. There's no reason to return to a thread, if you've already accomplished what you set out to.

I was thinking the same thing. It appears someone wanted to create a negative opinion of Edison. Maybe, a disgruntled employee, maybe not? Regardless, it appears to have worked. There's no reason to return to a thread, if you've already accomplished what you set out to.
Just what I was thinking - disgruntled employee or the competition spreading lies - either way, mission accomplished for them.
Anyway, we all got sucked into 6 pages of alcohol related debate, much more entertaining than the usual debates around here :jester:

I didn't realize the first post was the only post made by the OP.

Troll makes the most sense

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter