• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I feel like this has been asked, but I can't seem to find reference to it. It's probably there, it's most likely that my Monday brain isn't functioning well. But anyway, is there an AP discount on the dress shop dress that are sold in the Magic Kingdom?

I feel like this has been asked, but I can't seem to find reference to it. It's probably there, it's most likely that my Monday brain isn't functioning well. But anyway, is there an AP discount on the dress shop dress that are sold in the Magic Kingdom?
Yes, I got a 20% AP discount on a dress last month at the shop on Main Street (don’t remember the name of the shop, but they sell Dooney and Bourke bags)

guys, I happened to see a post on FB that the dresses are dry clean only, I have washed all of mine in the machine on a cool wash many times and they are fine! Anyone else machine washed theirs

guys, I happened to see a post on FB that the dresses are dry clean only, I have washed all of mine in the machine on a cool wash many times and they are fine! Anyone else machine washed theirs
We’ve tossed my tea cup skirt in a dryel bag and then spayed it with Downey wrinkle release when we were in a pinch last week and it was fine

FYI, garments are required by law to provide a label with at least one acceptable method for cleaning, it does not mean they will give all the possible methods or the cheapest method. Soooo, you have to know your fabrics or Google them to find all acceptable methods, I've been teaching my kids this little trick too & hopefully it can help readers here too. (Will work for ALL the clothes you own).

New!

Disneyland got a new dress - Mickey Americana $128
View attachment 328712

To get better views use this link: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/store/product/the-dress-shop-mickey-americana-dress/572107/

I'm seriously considering buying this dress online and wearing it to dinner at California Grill. It would definitely be a splurge though and I already bought another outfit for CG. Says it's free ground shipping in 5-7 business days and I leave for WDW in 21 calendar days. I've lost 20 lbs in the last 6 months but I'm still not a small, anything looks good on me, size. But, its nice they offer it in many sizes. Help convince me.

I will say the items as Hot Topic also catch my eye though and may be a bit easier to swallow, pricewise.

I'm seriously considering buying this dress online and wearing it to dinner at California Grill. It would definitely be a splurge though and I already bought another outfit for CG. Says it's free ground shipping in 5-7 business days and I leave for WDW in 21 calendar days. I've lost 20 lbs in the last 6 months but I'm still not a small, anything looks good on me, size. But, its nice they offer it in many sizes. Help convince me.

I will say the items as Hot Topic also catch my eye though and may be a bit easier to swallow, pricewise.

The dress is now available on the app.

But the items from Hot Topic are not made any where near as nicely as these. I have most of the dresses now and they are the best made dresses in my wardrobe. I wear all of them to work.

But the items from Hot Topic are not made any where near as nicely as these. I have most of the dresses now and they are the best made dresses in my wardrobe. I wear all of them to work.

Agreed. I was traveling for work last week and I wore the tiki dress and orange bird dress and I got so many compliments, people were also commenting on how nice the fabric was and how well made they looked. The colors are also beautiful and so vibrant, they are really beautiful pieces.

I tried to avoid these dresses and succeeded for almost a year, until I saw the Disneyland dress in the Dress Shop window in April. And had to get the adorable Dumbo purse to match. Added the tiki dress with matching purse and jewelry in May and a friend snagged me the original orange bird dress a few weeks ago from an outlet in FL. While I am a Disneyland girl, I have always loved orange bird because orange is my favorite color. And yes, matching purse and accessories - the round purse, not the D&B one. The new Small World dress is next on my list. I also picked up the navy blue shrug and it is very soft and folds down to practically nothing, which makes it easy to tuck in a purse.

I love the orange bird and tiki dress as I am small chested and the high band makes me look like I actually have cleavage. I wear a wireless strapless Maidenform bra with all three that gives it some more lift, and have the straps on the shorter button. I love just going out and about here in L.A. in these dresses, I get so many compliments. I got the Grace Karin petticoats from Amazon to wear underneath and they look amazing. Orange for orange bird (obviously), yellow for the tiki dress, and pink for the Disneyland dress and white for all three. I am 5'5 3/4 and have to pull the crinoline down a bit lower than my waist to have it peek, but it works (hits me a little below the knee), and have no problem getting out of even the Matterhorn without flashing the world.

I tried to avoid these dresses and succeeded for almost a year, until I saw the Disneyland dress in the Dress Shop window in April. And had to get the adorable Dumbo purse to match. Added the tiki dress with matching purse and jewelry in May and a friend snagged me the original orange bird dress a few weeks ago from an outlet in FL. While I am a Disneyland girl, I have always loved orange bird because orange is my favorite color. And yes, matching purse and accessories - the round purse, not the D&B one. The new Small World dress is next on my list. I also picked up the navy blue shrug and it is very soft and folds down to practically nothing, which makes it easy to tuck in a purse.

I love the orange bird and tiki dress as I am small chested and the high band makes me look like I actually have cleavage. I wear a wireless strapless Maidenform bra with all three that gives it some more lift, and have the straps on the shorter button. I love just going out and about here in L.A. in these dresses, I get so many compliments. I got the Grace Karin petticoats from Amazon to wear underneath and they look amazing. Orange for orange bird (obviously), yellow for the tiki dress, and pink for the Disneyland dress and white for all three. I am 5'5 3/4 and have to pull the crinoline down a bit lower than my waist to have it peek, but it works (hits me a little below the knee), and have no problem getting out of even the Matterhorn without flashing the world.

Good on you for getting the dresses and accessories, they really compliment each other well imo and I'm sure you look fabulous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter