The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

:laughing: I got Ducked!

Went grocery shopping and found this cutie hanging on my door handle last night!

Sorry to say I'm not a fan of Petite sizes. The fit is a bit off for me and I'm 5' 2". The arm holes typically fit directly under the arm pit. Most pants the crotch area has less fabric which gives the feeling of a wedgie and the length is simply not long enough especially after washing.

I will admit I love the style of the blue HM dress but now I own two in the same style. I really loved the Ink & Paint fabric but it was too similar to the Mickey Sketch.

I'm glad Disney designers are offering more styles but wish they would include skirts without gathers and bring back sweaters in a different style. Three quarter sleeves, maybe add a toggle.

They offered this bolero sweater in prime colors. Hard to see but there's a castle embroidered on the left.

:rolleyes: Just my thoughts!

:laughing: I got Ducked!

View attachment 521119

Went grocery shopping and found this cutie hanging on my door handle last night!

Sorry to say I'm not a fan of Petite sizes. The fit is a bit off for me and I'm 5' 2". The arm holes typically fit directly under the arm pit. Most pants the crotch area has less fabric which gives the feeling of a wedgie and the length is simply not long enough especially after washing.

I will admit I love the style of the blue HM dress but now I own two in the same style. I really loved the Ink & Paint fabric but it was too similar to the Mickey Sketch.

I'm glad Disney designers are offering more styles but wish they would include skirts without gathers and bring back sweaters in a different style. Three quarter sleeves, maybe add a toggle.
View attachment 521128

View attachment 521129

They offered this bolero sweater in prime colors. Hard to see but there's a castle embroidered on the left.
View attachment 521130

:rolleyes: Just my thoughts!
That note is so cute! It’s nice people still do things to make other smile with everything going on right now 🥰

I agree with you on the petite thing. I never buy petite shirts, so I didn’t even think about the top part. I don’t really buy petite pants either. Since Im on the tall side of petite, they tend to be a bit too short.

That bolero is the one I have. It’s a bit too big but it makes me feel more comfortable.
I took @anniebean s lead and found a belt to go with the blue HM dress between the belt and a different bra, it looks so much better. Rick went from saying it looked ok to actually liking it. 😊

That's not a review that's a description of the fabric glowing in the dark which is already in "Magic in the details"

Seriously?!?! They took the time to add photos but not a meaningful review of how the dress fits? :confused3 Booooo, hisssss! :p
I know and it looks like they are a Disney employee... :laughing:

Ohmygodddddd, the new Tower of Terror dress is amazing! I just wish I was able to try it on - I'm worried the bust will fit really strangely on me. And those elastic side panels sometimes make for a weird fit.

Tower of Terror Review

Beevie Ng I like this dress a lot but as someone who owns a lot of the dress shop dresses, I will say the fit is very off with this dress. First the featured photo is photoshopped to add the model in the back. The armhole of the dress doesn’t match the armpit. Which is what leads me to the problem with this dress. The bodice is very long and big. I need to pin/alter the top of the princess seams to make it work. The waistband has no stretch as well. Otherwise the style is very cute.

Edit to add photo with model Beevie Ng is referring to.

Wow is just the beginning! If the ToT bodice is lined she'll have a lot of work to do in order for this to fit her. Nope! For that price point, no thanks! :thumbsup2

I wish they had those sweaters on the website. I need a blue one to go with my Paint and Ink dress. (a 3X, if anyone knows where to get one)

Diana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter