The Disneyland Resort Express

I can't help...but I'm very curious as to the answer as well. I'm looking to book a trip for late April 2006 and through the Disney online reservations I assume this is the transportation they offer.

Hope you get some good replies! :)

Dawn

Never heard of it, only used Supershuttle from LAX or John Wayne airport.
Both cases were fine.

I'll be using them tomorrow night from LAX hopefully.
I'll post my experience as soon as I get back.

Phew, OK... got back.
Here's the review.
The ride itself is pretty painless.
HOWEVER, make note of the pick up times at your locations.

Steps:
1. Go off the plane, get your luggage.
2. Step out to the shuttle waiting area under the GREEN sign (it doesn't say disneyland, but that's the right sign trust me).
3. Wait for the big bus with Disneyland express picture on the outside.
4. The bus will take you to Disneyland Hotel where the ticket attendant will get on the bus and take you money for the trip (one way or roundtrip).
5. Then the driver will take you to your hotel.
6. The return trip works the same way.

Now, the bad things:
1. The bus only picks you up at certain times (on the hour, 9pm, 10pm, etc). I arrived the shuttle area at 9:20pm, so I had to wait 40mins for the bus. Make sure to call the gray line and confirm pick up times at your terminal before you get upset for waiting too long.
2. The bus stops at ALL the different terminals at the airport and drop however many people on your bus at their hotels, so the travel time might be awhile since it's a pretty big bus.
3. I stayed at Anabella and the return bus also comes every hour but on the halfs (7:30pm, 8:30pm, etc.). Depending on your return flight time, you might have to hang out at the airport for awhile.

The good stuff:
1. $5 discount voucher for rt on the website. Helps with the budget.
2. Depending on your hotel, no need to arrange a pick up to the airport since they come on a schedule. Contact your bell service to confirm.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind using this service if I arrive and depart in during off times. But if during busy times I would probably try a different shuttle service with smaller vehicle.

Feel free to ask questions.
Be glad to help.

Thank you! Isn't this a new system? I emailed the address on their website to see if they service Doubletree Hotel but no answer. Don't they show videos on the bus?

I'm not sure whether it's new or not because this is the 2nd time I've been to DL as an adult.... :teeth:

but they did show a movie on the way to the hotel. not on the way back to the airport like Magical Express for WDW.

Thank you. We did Airport Bus for our trip -- gasp! -- 13 years ago, but I wasn't too thrilled. I think we stood up for most of the trip. Luckily we were only coming from SNA. This trip we'll be doing LAX with our three children and I'm thinking about doing SuperShuttle, but hiring a 7 passenger van just for us.

Just got back from dl wed used dl express to dlh it was great.
If i recall you use the green lane at your terminal and wait for the big decorated bus. It takes you to dlh where you pay and can get transfers to other hotels.
When you leave just check what time it leaves your hotel. Dont be late its on a very strict schedule.
Would use again.

Allrighty, got a question.

When the DL express picks you up at the airport do you go directly to the DLH or does it make ANY stops? i.e any other terminals, airports, hotels. Does it work out of SNA??

Thanks
Janelle

Hi Janelle,
Disneyland express works for both airports.
Here's the site for info and coupon: http://airport.anaheimsightseeing.com/

The first stop is at DLH since that's when the ticket attendant come up and get your money unless you already paid through the internet then they'll just take your voucher here.

Hi there. We just used this service as well. The Disneyland Resort Express is the Airport Bus with a new name. It worked really well. We had to leave our hotel at 2:30 for a 7:00 pm flight but, otherwise, no problems at all. Just find the green sign and you're on your way!!!! We had to call to book our return trip one day in advance. We stayed at the Embassy Suites South. Great hotel!

ok i have a problem everyone. thank u cseca for all the info, but of course the shuttle doesnt come to Long Beach airport where i will be lol just wondering if anyone knew of any other reliable services? thanks!!!

The movie showed on the bus was a tourism promotional video for Disneyland/CA. It hightlight the top attractions. It was fun to watch and really pumped up the kids' excitement!

We're using www.tonythelimoking.com from John Wayne to our hotel for $60 (for 7 of us). Ends up cheaper than the shuttles or bus. A taxi would be $55 so we're surprising the kids and doing the limo. I don't know if they do Long Beach, but sure worth a phone call.

Questions, what is the cost of DL Express from LAX to DLH? How long can you expect the travel time to be, I think my flight lands around 11:00am on a friday and departs at 10:30pm on monday.

Cast Member Boy said:
Questions, what is the cost of DL Express from LAX to DLH? How long can you expect the travel time to be, I think my flight lands around 11:00am on a friday and departs at 10:30pm on monday.

I just checked the prices.... it's $19 for one-way or $28 for roundtrip. I think I'm going to go with supershuttle instead, it's $15 each way. I would think the 7 passenger van would be a little faster (and not restricted to certain times).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter