The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

My sister and I stayed club level Dec 2022. Was it worth it? For us, no. We are two women who love a good splurge, but club level for us was mostly a waste. The food was beautiful but was bland and overly processed stuff for the most part and we really didn't eat much of it. It didn't seem very fresh like it used to be pre-C. This was a big contrast to my club stays in the past and was quite disappointing. Please note that we only used the lounge 2 days, but in that time there was very little variety at any time we went.

We did enjoy the sparkling wine and the espresso machine. The servers were amazingly kind and very good to us. The views are gorgeous but we had the same view from our room.

To get maximum advantage from club level, I would say that taking a family or larger party than 2 people would make the cost more worthwhile. I used to stay club level with my family of 5 and that was awesome, not only because the food was better but because dividing the extra cost of club by 5 makes it a lot more economical than with 2 people. Of course, if the 2 people are splitting the cost, that helps, too!!
Thanks for your post. We are a family of 4 adults trying to see if the cost would be worth it. Still trying to decide😆

Thanks for your post. We are a family of 4 adults trying to see if the cost would be worth it. Still trying to decide😆
Well, it could be worth it to you if for no other reason than you really want to try it! It feels special. There can also be other bonuses like viewing spots for parades etc but I'm not sure whether or not they still have those. It's wonderful if anyone in your party is older and really just wants a good fresh cup of coffee in the morning (or perhaps a mimosa) or a place to hang out for a break. And I want to stress that it's been a little over a year since I stayed concierge at DLH so it may have changed since then.

Anyone know the laundry room situation ? Do they have a laundry room area in each tower , or just a centrally located one in a certain tower . Do they even have a laundry room/s , lol ?
Its our first stay at DLH (usually stay at GCV) , and trying hard not to pack more clothes than needed . Will just do a load of laundry halfway through the trip if possible.
Thanks for any info !

Anyone know the laundry room situation ? Do they have a laundry room area in each tower , or just a centrally located one in a certain tower . Do they even have a laundry room/s , lol ?
Its our first stay at DLH (usually stay at GCV) , and trying hard not to pack more clothes than needed . Will just do a load of laundry halfway through the trip if possible.
Thanks for any info !
Laundry room will be in Discovery (DVC) tower.

Laundry room will be in Discovery (DVC) tower.
Thanks ! Figured there might be one in the new tower for DVC members, but I was assuming there was another/more for the other towers . They must have eliminated any other ones they had when the new Discovery tower was built I guess ?
Anyway , thanks for the info !

Thanks ! Figured there might be one in the new tower for DVC members, but I was assuming there was another/more for the other towers . They must have eliminated any other ones they had when the new Discovery tower was built I guess ?
Nice facility. First floor and also has an exterior door south side of tower. For all resort guests.IMG_1119.jpegIMG_1120.jpegIMG_1121.jpeg

Yes, we were there in September when the Monorail slides were under repair right before the opened the DVC tower and we were allowed to use the pool/slides at Pixar Pier Hotel but not at GCH. They had a little golf cart to ferry you over though you could also walk too if you wanted to.

How’s the pool without them?
Pool was still enjoyable for my daughter although I mostly was in the hot tub resting my legs before the half marathon last weekend. I heard you could also use the slides at the other hotels and they recently redid the pool area at the Pixar hotel

How’s the pool without them?
Here now - they have the the 2 main pools open plus the DVC pool and hot tub open . The other closure besides the slides , is they have the other hot tub by the slides closed . The main hot tub was packed ! Pools were moderately crowded , but ok . Not sure what kind of refurb they are doing on the slides , but they are gone ! They completely took down the slides , and all that remains is the stairs . Last time we were here during a slide refurb , I do not remember seeing the slides completely removed ? Will monitor this week .......

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, there has always just been the one laundry room. At least I think that was the case last time we went a few years ago.

Does anyone have any experience with ground floor rooms? My parents will be in wheelchairs for our April trip, and I would prefer not to need to use the elevator.

Does anyone have any experience with ground floor rooms? My parents will be in wheelchairs for our April trip, and I would prefer not to need to use the elevator.
OK, finally called a third agent to again verify these rooms existed and finally got one to admit, they didn’t! Needless to say our reservations switched over to grand Californian!

I spoke with Don Ballard, who has written several books on the history of the DLH, about this recently. He works with the management at the hotel regularly and has asked them about the SH55 area. They told him that there would be another dining establishment going in, but that it would not be themed like the SH55 nor offer the same menu.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what it will be.

I spoke with Don Ballard, who has written several books on the history of the DLH, about this recently. He works with the management at the hotel regularly and has asked them about the SH55 area. They told him that there would be another dining establishment going in, but that it would not be themed like the SH55 nor offer the same menu.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what it will be.
I'm not surprised that they are changing it, but it still makes me sad. I loved the Old Hollywood theme, and the menu-- especially breakfast, which was very reasonable-- was great.

I hope whatever goes in brings back the Afternoon Tea. Not holding my breath, though.

For anyone who has stayed Club level at the DLH, did you think the additional cost was reasonable? I mean, I know all of us who choose to stay onsite agree to pay the already high prices but I can’t understand why Club is so much more. It would be an extra $300 per day for our March trip.

Full disclosure I am asking because my wife wants to upgrade but after watching a few YouTube reviews and seeing offerings like Uncrustables and cereal I don’t get it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

We stayed at DLH Club Level about a year and a half ago. We live in the midwest so we knew we might never get back to DL as a family. It was definitely a special trip for us. We LOVED staying CL but we love it at WDW too. We liked the lounge. I really like having coffee and breakfast available to us - that's probably my favorite part of staying CL. I don't remember the evening appetizers very well. We may not have made it back from the parks for it very much. On our last night we had drinks in the lounge and watched the fireworks. It was lovely. We are going again in the next year or two and I'm hoping to stay CL again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter