The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Oh no! I guess I should definitely bring something just in case :(
I would if you do have skin allergies. If it's ok and the same, then you can use it. Otherwise, you can use your own. That's often what I do, because sometimes stuff does bother me, not the Disney H2O stuff though.

We were there this past thursday through yesterday and I don't remember seeing this place. Any idea where it is located at the hotel? We were all over, at goofys, the coffee shop, even went over to check out the DVC tower and I never saw this lounge.

I just stayed for a few nights and missed this too. 😂 I felt like I covered most of the grounds. Oh well.

So I know this was asked in October but can anyone who has been there recently confirm that they are still using H2O in the rooms? We have some major skin sensitivities and we were ok with the H2O stuff but if it’s changed to something new, I will have to pack our own and really trying to save space!
I'm not sure what is in DLH, but GCH shower products (in the containers attached to the wall) are still H2O. They don't say what it is, but it was definitely H2O.

The vanity area still had H2O products (lotion, anyway--don't remember what other beauty products were there). I'm hoping it's true that Disney purchased the line and really hope they stick with the original formulas.

Does anyone know if they sell a case of water bottles in the sundries store? Or is my best bet just doing a small instacart order? We don't really need anything but water.

Thanks,
Bottled water is cheaper per bottle at the Starbucks in DTD if you run out of water. (We brought 2 cases of Dasani and ran out).

Does the Disneyland hotel offer any activity at the resort? I know WDW offer a combination of free and paid activities like movie nights etc. Just curious if Disneyland hotel has been offering anything like this recently as we’ll be going in about a month.

Does the Disneyland hotel offer any activity at the resort? I know WDW offer a combination of free and paid activities like movie nights etc. Just curious if Disneyland hotel has been offering anything like this recently as we’ll be going in about a month.
There are usually a number of free activities. They have us a sheet of them when we went last month at check in.

We’re arriving in 2 weeks and they had it on the schedule for the calendar that day if you click on hotels (same place the entertainment schedule is for the parks and downtown Disney)

Thanks! I didn’t realize that info was on the web site, I’m so used to Disney World!

Just saw that the 2 Monorail waterslides will be closed 1/8 - 3/31 , 2024 . Never noticed this before, and its not listed on the daily events schedule yet . Thats a pretty long closure for the slides , even for a winter refurb .
Never noticed this on the DL website as of yet, so this must be a new announcement ?

Just saw that the 2 Monorail waterslides will be closed 1/8 - 3/31 , 2024 . Never noticed this before, and its not listed on the daily events schedule yet . Thats a pretty long closure for the slides , even for a winter refurb .
Never noticed this on the DL website as of yet, so this must be a new announcement ?
Ugh, you are right. I'm seeing that on the hotel page...but not on the daily schedule yet. That's a bummer. Also, I thought they just closed the pool there to work on the monorail slides?

For anyone who has stayed Club level at the DLH, did you think the additional cost was reasonable? I mean, I know all of us who choose to stay onsite agree to pay the already high prices but I can’t understand why Club is so much more. It would be an extra $300 per day for our March trip.

Full disclosure I am asking because my wife wants to upgrade but after watching a few YouTube reviews and seeing offerings like Uncrustables and cereal I don’t get it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

For anyone who has stayed Club level at the DLH, did you think the additional cost was reasonable? I mean, I know all of us who choose to stay onsite agree to pay the already high prices but I can’t understand why Club is so much more. It would be an extra $300 per day for our March trip.

Full disclosure I am asking because my wife wants to upgrade but after watching a few YouTube reviews and seeing offerings like Uncrustables and cereal I don’t get it. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I love club level. They have drinks and snacks available throughout the day, a continental breakfast and hot appetizers at dinner. You can make a meal out of the breakfast and dinner offerings.

The thing I liked best is the convenience of having food and drinks available all day, especially at breakfast. There's a fridge full of drinks and you can take as much as you want to-go, which was super helpful and we didn't have to buy water in the parks.

It's a really nice place to hang, out, too. The E ticket lounge has views of DTD and you can see part of the park, too. At night they serve desserts and you can watch fireworks from there.

The only thing I didn't like was that breakfast is the same every day. So after like day 3 it got a little old. But dinner changes every day.

One thing to ask yourself is how much you would use the club. If you'd hardly be in there perhaps it isn't worth it to you. We made a point to be there for breakfast and dinner, and we definitely saved money on drinks and snacks that we took to-go. We went to the club during our afternoon breaks, too, for coffee and cookies and snacks for the kids.

It's totally worth it (to me) if you use it fully. It also depends on how many are in your party. Back in Feb, I posted photos in this thread from the happy hour appetizers selection and also the evening desserts. It's not all uncrustables and cereal - I'm thinking you saw highlights from a family perspective maybe?

The value from the food offerings is somewhat dependent on your dietary issues. If you have no restrictions and time it right with park breaks - you'd only need to buy a light lunch during a club stay. Maybe not even that if you are a lighter eater (or you can grab those uncrustables lol).

If you drink more than water, lots of added value there. We used the heck out of the fancy coffee/espresso machine, the kids had a lot of sodas, and I had a number of glasses of wine/mimosas. And you can take drinks to go - so even when we checked out, we were loaded up with cans of soda and lattes for our drive. (I was not driving and um, might have also had a mimosa to go 😂.) Drink prices being what they are, we'd have easily spent $100/day on all the drinks we had (alcoholic beverages and fancy lattes add up quickly!).

If you know how much you'd spend on drinks over the course of the day plus how much you'd spend as a family on breakfast, that is a good starting point for the value calculation. Next add in like $10ish pp for evening desserts, and maybe $20-25pp if you use the happy hour buffet in lieu of dinner.

The value in watching fireworks from the lounge is pretty high to DH and me, too. Just hard to add a monetary figure to.

So, we stayed club level in July. It was my sister's first time staying at DLH, we were celebrating our son's 18th birthday, his high school graduation, and DH and my 24th anniversary. (The timing worked out amazingly, we were able to be at DL for DS's actual birthday on the 9th and our actual anniversary on the 10th!)

We were in a 2 bedroom suite and the cost to add on club level was $250/night. We went for breakfast almost every day, never went for the evening hot appetizers, but we did go there in the evenings at least 3 times during our 6 night stay.

So, was it worth it?

As others have posted, breakfast was super repetitive although the first morning we went I asked for a bowl of blueberries for our son instead of taking all of the ones that were on the buffet and the CMs had no issue with bringing this. Mimosas were lovely in the morning but the sparkling wine they use is of middling quality. Just typing that out makes me sound super snobby! :D

It was really nice to be able to get coffees to take to the parks although I wish they had bottled water there to grab. DH and I stayed club level on our honeymoon waaaaaaay back in 1999 and I remember them having bottles of water back then.

For us, the biggest perk was being able to watch the fireworks from the club lounge. I think we saw then 3 or 4 times from the hotel and while it is not the same experience as seeing in the parks, being able to watch them from a seat with a glass of wine was amazing!

My sister and I are going to stay at VGC in April and we discussed club level but in the end we decided that unless there are the 4 of us (me, DH, DS, sis) then we really could not justify the added cost.

If you are a rope drop to close type, go go go all day long person than no it is probably not worth it but if you are going to be back at the hotel enough to use it then yes it is a splurge but one that I can justify some of the time. I went in September with my sister, parents, myself, an almost 2 year old and almost 4 year old and we got a lot of use out of it. Breakfast every day, with a 2 and a 4 year old we were back everyday for naps so we would grab a drink and maybe a snack before nap and then after nap let my kids go grab a treat from the lounge before we went back to the parks. One day the 4 year old woke up early so one of us took her to the lounge to hang out while the 2 year old finished his nap. If naps ran long enough a couple of days we were able to be there right at the start of the dinner/appetizer hours and made that our dinner and then just got a treat at the parks later. My kids are early to bed and early to rise kids so there was no way we were going to make it very late in the parks so a couple of the nights we got back to our room, bathed the kids, got the 2 year old to bed and then someone stayed with the sleeping 2 year old in the room and the rest of us took the 4 year old (in pjs and fully ready for bed except teeth brushing) to the lounge to watch the fireworks. With little kids you can't beat having them in bed less than 10 minutes after the fireworks end!

Just wondering if anyone can confirm if the monorail slides did indeed close for refurb yet ? They are/were supposed to close on 1/8 , and be closed till 3/31 . We arrive this upcoming weekend, and wondering if they closed yet ?

Just wondering if anyone can confirm if the monorail slides did indeed close for refurb yet ? They are/were supposed to close on 1/8 , and be closed till 3/31 . We arrive this upcoming weekend, and wondering if they closed yet ?
Here now and they’re closed unfortunately

My sister and I stayed club level Dec 2022. Was it worth it? For us, no. We are two women who love a good splurge, but club level for us was mostly a waste. The food was beautiful but was bland and overly processed stuff for the most part and we really didn't eat much of it. It didn't seem very fresh like it used to be pre-C. This was a big contrast to my club stays in the past and was quite disappointing. Please note that we only used the lounge 2 days, but in that time there was very little variety at any time we went.

We did enjoy the sparkling wine and the espresso machine. The servers were amazingly kind and very good to us. The views are gorgeous but we had the same view from our room.

To get maximum advantage from club level, I would say that taking a family or larger party than 2 people would make the cost more worthwhile. I used to stay club level with my family of 5 and that was awesome, not only because the food was better but because dividing the extra cost of club by 5 makes it a lot more economical than with 2 people. Of course, if the 2 people are splitting the cost, that helps, too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter