The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

When we were there, they opened at 6:30am with everything set up and out. I'm hoping that hasn't changed. We would just grab stuff right at 6:30am and go down to security, eating while we were waiting in line (ie: salmon bagel, filling a disposable cup with chia pudding and berries, getting another cup and putting a couple pieces of fruit in it). This worked really well for us. You'll get people saying if you want to hit early entry or go to the parks, don't book Club Level but I think you can do both and get to experience both just fine.

Just be sure to be at CL right at 6:30am so that you are not too delayed getting down to the security line. If you end up in the back of the security line/when they send in the Harbor side security, you will most likely not make it in with enough time to take full advantage of EE.

If they bumped the food back to 7am, that is another story though. You would have to decide whether to go to EE or get breakfast from CL, which is a bummer since you wouldn't be able to do both and still take full advantage of EE. I wish they had things out even earlier, like 5:30am or 6:00am for early risers. That would make things much more relaxed in the mornings!
We ended up moving our reservation to GCH. But I can report that the club at GCH was starting breakfast at 6:30am. :) So I'd think the DLH would as well.

Mini Trip Report!

First Stay at the DLH: one night/2 days Sept 5th to Sept 6th
Room: Club Level/Standard Pool View
Floor 8
Tower: Adventure

I did online check in 2 days prior. I had called to request 2 queen beds, Adventure Tower location.
We arrived around 6:50am, 'checked in' at the front desk to check for Oogie Boogie tickets (no longer offered at the front desk per cast member). Picked up card keys (will comment on this later...) and brochures regarding Club Level.

We headed to Club Level Breakfast around 7:40am.
Offerings were: infused water, orange juice, tea, sodas, tomato juice, apple juice, coffee for beverages
Cereal, oatmeal with toppings (raisins, brown sugar, butter, apple compote), yogurt, chia coconut pudding, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries. Mickey shaped watermelon, and melon sticks, grapes. Cold cut meats, cheese, bagels, stuffed eggs, mini cinnamon rolls, Danish.

We headed to the parks around 9 am (totally missed early entry lol)

Room Availability was around 2:00-2:30pm

Club Level for snacks 3:45pm
BBQ chips, raw veggie sticks with onion dip and ranch, pickled veggies. Smucker's PBJ sandwiches, Peanut M&M's, trail mix savory and sweet and Kind Granola bars. Cookies (sugar, chocolate chip and oatmeal.)

Rest in the Room for an hour, then
Wine/Cheese/Hot Appetizers 5:45pm
Chicken Tenders, Phyllo rolls with berry and cheese stuffing, chorizo empanadas for hot food; cheese plate with honey, dried fruits, bread/cracker offerings, grilled asparagus small plates with cheese/tomatoes, prosciutto and melon small plates with a balsamic reduction, Quinoa salad with zucchini.

Rest in Club Level to wait for Dessert which starts at 8 pm
Macarons, mini cheese cakes and donuts, fruit
* You can request to-go plates to take to your room
No fireworks due to change in schedule for fall

Second Day, we missed early entry again, due to being tired

Breakfast (same offerings) we asked if it ever changes and the cast member said no besides the flavor of stuffed eggs.

Went to parks, then headed for check out. So, upon that morning, my digital key did not work, prior to check out, so I made a call, and they were unable to change it back, but since I had the digital key the said everything would still be accessible, so spend the day we them at the hotel (besides the room) until 6pm.

Headed back to the hotel to relax, and back to club level after watching 'Magic Happens' at 3:30pm

Appetizer Hour included chicken tenders again, Grilled Chicken skewers, mushroom tarts. Salad was a puttanesca salad which was delicious! and we checked out of Club level for the last time at 6:05pm.

Final Thoughts on the Hotel.
It's old. Adventure tower, being the original tower, you can tell. The furniture was dinged, the headboard was lovely. The sink backed up and semi flooded, mechanics came up to the room to fix it, called an hour after to check if everything was working.
I don't recommend this hotel for people using walkers or canes. EVC's are fine. Even with staying at the Adventure Tower, the walk to DCA was long. I've walked it before, and now after actually staying there, I can confirm, it's annoying. We were told you cannot use the entrance via Pixar Hotel (some Disney magic happened where we were transported to GCH to go into DCA).

Would I stay here again? YES! I'm a Disneyland native, and I truly felt it was a nostalgic, fun, history filled short staycation.

Would I do club level? Ehhhh. The food was meh, but honestly, I didn't buy any food in park (which is a first! lol) It was very nice. I did enjoy the bagels. I would love to do it were we can see the fireworks from the E-ticket lounge. The views were beautiful, and it was nice staying in that tower to access the lounge (originally they assigned us to another tower, but we asked to be re-assigned and they were able to).

I really enjoyed this mini trip, and for someone who's so used to Disney days and Disney Stays it was refreshing to try something new. We had a ton of magic happen on this trip which made it extremely special and memorable, from character interactions, to special picture spots, accommodations etc. The club team was amazing!

Mini Trip Report!

First Stay at the DLH: one night/2 days Sept 5th to Sept 6th
Room: Club Level/Standard Pool View
Floor 8
Tower: Adventure

I did online check in 2 days prior. I had called to request 2 queen beds, Adventure Tower location.
We arrived around 6:50am, 'checked in' at the front desk to check for Oogie Boogie tickets (no longer offered at the front desk per cast member). Picked up card keys (will comment on this later...) and brochures regarding Club Level.

We headed to Club Level Breakfast around 7:40am.
Offerings were: infused water, orange juice, tea, sodas, tomato juice, apple juice, coffee for beverages
Cereal, oatmeal with toppings (raisins, brown sugar, butter, apple compote), yogurt, chia coconut pudding, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries. Mickey shaped watermelon, and melon sticks, grapes. Cold cut meats, cheese, bagels, stuffed eggs, mini cinnamon rolls, Danish.

We headed to the parks around 9 am (totally missed early entry lol)

Room Availability was around 2:00-2:30pm

Club Level for snacks 3:45pm
BBQ chips, raw veggie sticks with onion dip and ranch, pickled veggies. Smucker's PBJ sandwiches, Peanut M&M's, trail mix savory and sweet and Kind Granola bars. Cookies (sugar, chocolate chip and oatmeal.)

Rest in the Room for an hour, then
Wine/Cheese/Hot Appetizers 5:45pm
Chicken Tenders, Phyllo rolls with berry and cheese stuffing, chorizo empanadas for hot food; cheese plate with honey, dried fruits, bread/cracker offerings, grilled asparagus small plates with cheese/tomatoes, prosciutto and melon small plates with a balsamic reduction, Quinoa salad with zucchini.

Rest in Club Level to wait for Dessert which starts at 8 pm
Macarons, mini cheese cakes and donuts, fruit
* You can request to-go plates to take to your room
No fireworks due to change in schedule for fall

Second Day, we missed early entry again, due to being tired

Breakfast (same offerings) we asked if it ever changes and the cast member said no besides the flavor of stuffed eggs.

Went to parks, then headed for check out. So, upon that morning, my digital key did not work, prior to check out, so I made a call, and they were unable to change it back, but since I had the digital key the said everything would still be accessible, so spend the day we them at the hotel (besides the room) until 6pm.

Headed back to the hotel to relax, and back to club level after watching 'Magic Happens' at 3:30pm

Appetizer Hour included chicken tenders again, Grilled Chicken skewers, mushroom tarts. Salad was a puttanesca salad which was delicious! and we checked out of Club level for the last time at 6:05pm.

Final Thoughts on the Hotel.
It's old. Adventure tower, being the original tower, you can tell. The furniture was dinged, the headboard was lovely. The sink backed up and semi flooded, mechanics came up to the room to fix it, called an hour after to check if everything was working.
I don't recommend this hotel for people using walkers or canes. EVC's are fine. Even with staying at the Adventure Tower, the walk to DCA was long. I've walked it before, and now after actually staying there, I can confirm, it's annoying. We were told you cannot use the entrance via Pixar Hotel (some Disney magic happened where we were transported to GCH to go into DCA).

Would I stay here again? YES! I'm a Disneyland native, and I truly felt it was a nostalgic, fun, history filled short staycation.

Would I do club level? Ehhhh. The food was meh, but honestly, I didn't buy any food in park (which is a first! lol) It was very nice. I did enjoy the bagels. I would love to do it were we can see the fireworks from the E-ticket lounge. The views were beautiful, and it was nice staying in that tower to access the lounge (originally they assigned us to another tower, but we asked to be re-assigned and they were able to).

I really enjoyed this mini trip, and for someone who's so used to Disney days and Disney Stays it was refreshing to try something new. We had a ton of magic happen on this trip which made it extremely special and memorable, from character interactions, to special picture spots, accommodations etc. The club team was amazing!
I had a similar experience with Club Level last Dec. Our room was lovely, with beautiful views toward DTD. We watched WOC and it was very cool.

I too found the food very meh. It looked attractive and the attendants were extraordinarily nice, but the food was just very blah and like something you'd buy frozen. Fun experience but not worth the cost. In the past, I loved concierge offerings, especially at GCH, but they've really scaled back the quality IMO.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip, though! BTW, Adventure is the newest tower other than DVC! It's still fairly old, though. And I've had sinks back up in every tower, LOL.

I had a similar experience with Club Level last Dec. Our room was lovely, with beautiful views toward DTD. We watched WOC and it was very cool.

I too found the food very meh. It looked attractive and the attendants were extraordinarily nice, but the food was just very blah and like something you'd buy frozen. Fun experience but not worth the cost. In the past, I loved concierge offerings, especially at GCH, but they've really scaled back the quality IMO.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip, though! BTW, Adventure is the newest tower other than DVC! It's still fairly old, though. And I've had sinks back up in every tower, LOL.
Really? The manager and club team said Adventure was the oldest tower
(it was named something different prior to the renovation) , compared to the others.

I've stayed at GCH club level, but I was a teen and can't really recall the food offerings besides the cookies lol

It might have been called the Bonita Tower .
I think it was the original owners wife’s name .
Im trying to remember where the Monorail Cafe was located before they completely redesigned and updated the Disneyland Resort area.

Really? The manager and club team said Adventure was the oldest tower
(it was named something different prior to the renovation) , compared to the others.

I've stayed at GCH club level, but I was a teen and can't really recall the food offerings besides the cookies lol
The lobby tower is the oldest. "The hotel has rooms in three separate towers: Fantasy Tower (formerly Marina Tower and then Magic Tower), where the main lobby is located, with two of the shops and many of the services; Adventure Tower (formerly Sierra Tower and then Dream Tower), where the concierge lounge is located; and Frontier Tower (formerly Bonita Tower and then Wonder Tower)."

It might have been called the Bonita Tower .
I think it was the original owners wife’s name .
Im trying to remember where the Monorail Cafe was located before they completely redesigned and updated the Disneyland Resort area.
Yes, Bonita Granville was married to Jack Wrather and together they owned the Disneyland Hotel. The Frontier Tower was originally called Bonita in her honor. There was a steakhouse called Granville's at the hotel also named after her.

It's hard for me to figure out exactly where the Monorail Cafe was with how it has all changed since DTD went in and the DLH grounds were cut way back. I found an old picture but I still am having trouble visualizing it. This article is really interesting and has some great pics https://www.designingdisney.com/par...ed for,cocktail lounges, and four restaurants.

We were there from September 1-5. The construction had no impact on us at all--- other than coming back from the parks the hat was covered and you had to walk around to the side of it a bit. I sure hope they aren't getting rid of the hat and Tink-- we love those and we still miss the giant Mickey at the front driveway. We didn't use the pool, but the slides are not yet open. They told us that we were allowed to use the pools at either GC or PP and that they could cart us back and forth if we elected to use those. Housekeeping was great-- our room was very clean when we arrived and was kept very clean throughout our stay. All the CMs at the hotel were great. It was everything you would expect and want from DLH. Our only issue was we had bad luck in room configuration- our room did not have the separate vanity area out side the bathroom that we usually have, and the bathroom itself had a very short counter (have never had one at DLH that short) and it was difficult to store 3 people's stuff. We didn't complain or request a different room-- we just dealt with what we got.

…Which was already a splurge and eye-watering!
I have been doing a Disneyland trip yearly and do the grand Californian. This year I see rack rates are around $750. They’re pricing out a lot of people and it puzzles me that they’re not trying to be more competitive with the surrounding hotels.

For the last 10 years it’s basically been PP - $300, DL hotel - $350-$400, and Grand was $500. This year they really increased the rack rates a lot and it’s looking like December will be the first time I’m staying off property in over ten years. Even the paradise pier in December for a basic room is $550. The rooms aren’t even renovated and are the same from 2010!

Hi all! We’ll be staying at the DLH for the first time in September. I have a premium view room booked for me, my husband, and sons, 10 and 13. Do all 2 Queen rooms have the daybed as well, or is that something I have to specifically request? We’re used to the Polynesian at WDW and the daybed arrangement works great for us.
Also, is there an advantage to calling early to have room requests added to our reservation, or are we ok to wait until we do the online checkin before our visit?
Thanks!
I called DLH directly and requested both a water closet and a daybed. I was advised the water closet would be no issue as as I have ulceritive colitis and explaned this to them and that I needed to have a separate water closet. With respect to the daybed they did add that onto my room request as well, but said no guarantees. I will call them again 10 days or so prior to our stay (early April 2024) to once again request a daybed.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the daybed (the trip is myself, my mom and my 24 year old niece).

I have been doing a Disneyland trip yearly and do the grand Californian. This year I see rack rates are around $750. They’re pricing out a lot of people and it puzzles me that they’re not trying to be more competitive with the surrounding hotels.

For the last 10 years it’s basically been PP - $300, DL hotel - $350-$400, and Grand was $500. This year they really increased the rack rates a lot and it’s looking like December will be the first time I’m staying off property in over ten years. Even the paradise pier in December for a basic room is $550. The rooms aren’t even renovated and are the same from 2010!
If they are filling up the rooms (and they most definitely are during October and the holidays), they have no reason to charge less, unfortunately. Prices will only go down if they aren't filling the rooms.

I keep checking daily for a winter discount for December lol. No way in heck am I paying $650 a night for the DL hotel. It’s sad because I remember the rack rate up until 2021/2022 was around $350-$400.
There has traditionally been a discount that comes out around this time, so keep your eyes open. It's generally 20% I think. I've done that every year (outside of covid years) until this one. I went ahead and booked back in early spring so I'm paying $438/night for GCH Woods/Ctyd. I would normally book a standard room (I don't care about the view) but the Woods/Ctyd was cheaper so either there was a promo that didn't include standard and thus made Woods cheaper or the standard rooms at that rate were sold out.

I have been waiting on the Disney Visa/DLR late fall rate but there hasn't been one so far. I was going to rebook if it was cheaper but it doesn't look like it would be cheaper than what I have even if they do offer one.

There has traditionally been a discount that comes out around this time, so keep your eyes open. It's generally 20% I think. I've done that every year (outside of covid years) until this one. I went ahead and booked back in early spring so I'm paying $438/night for GCH Woods/Ctyd. I would normally book a standard room (I don't care about the view) but the Woods/Ctyd was cheaper so either there was a promo that didn't include standard and thus made Woods cheaper or the standard rooms at that rate were sold out.

I have been waiting on the Disney Visa/DLR late fall rate but there hasn't been one so far. I was going to rebook if it was cheaper but it doesn't look like it would be cheaper than what I have even if they do offer one.
Ok...shocked at that amazing rate and wondering how you got it? Was it one of the annual sales?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter