The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Just returned from a short weekend trip staying at DLH. The slides were closed with construction fences all around them. We took a break from 6-7:30pm Saturday and utilized the hot tub in the area past the slides..it was a huge hot tub and not many people using it. What a great break-- didn't mind it wasn't sunny and hot for swimming and our feet needed the break. I highly recommend! The pool attendants were extremely kind at the entrance. Security at 7 am on a Saturday was quiet and quick.
Any idea how long the slides will be closed? We’ll be there for our first ever visit Sept 20-23 and my kids are really looking forward to the pool and slides! Thanks!

I just did the chat function and they said the slides and area around them were closed through September 14th and in the meantime they will shuttle you to Paradise (Pixar) Pier Hotel in golf carts to use their pool/new splash pad area though the regular pools at the Disneyland Hotel are also still open just not the slide area.

I will be there the 7th to 11th with an almost 2 year old and an almost 4 year old so I have to decide if we will stay at the Disneyland Hotel pool and just use the pool area or if we will take advantage of being able to try out the new splash pad. My almost 4 year old loves slides and I think she would be fine with a lifejacket on the slide at Paradise Pier but I also love being able to have food and cocktails by the pool which as far as I know is not yet available at Paradise Pier.

I just did the chat function and they said the slides and area around them were closed through September 14th and in the meantime they will shuttle you to Paradise (Pixar) Pier Hotel in golf carts to use their pool/new splash pad area though the regular pools at the Disneyland Hotel are also still open just not the slide area.

I will be there the 7th to 11th with an almost 2 year old and an almost 4 year old so I have to decide if we will stay at the Disneyland Hotel pool and just use the pool area or if we will take advantage of being able to try out the new splash pad. My almost 4 year old loves slides and I think she would be fine with a lifejacket on the slide at Paradise Pier but I also love being able to have food and cocktails by the pool which as far as I know is not yet available at Paradise Pier.
Just until the 14th? Interesting, they must be opening the slides before the cabanas which I guess makes sense. I tried to get a cabana for the 18th and she said they would be closed through September.

They will most likely be pushing out a discount for October-December in late September. That will help bring the cost down, but agree - the costs are pretty steep.
Boy I’m hoping they do… but I think my dates (Oct 8th-11th) and (13th-15th) might get skipped over. From previous years it looks like mid October or late October and onwards… also when they extend the most recent discount to include all summer… I think they had a one or two week gap of normal prices? Of course the current promo ends at end of September… so if there is a 7-10 day gap before the next one… :(

I think the cheapest I could get was ~$900/night for the Grand for the first stay and $650/night for the second shorter stay over at DLH… very painful

Any idea how much the cabana's are at the DLH? Do they do half days?

Thanks!
The price is the same at both GCH and DL (at least that is what the CM told me when we booked). We booked for GCH because DLH will have their cabanas closed when we are there, but we got ours for $425 for a half day (9:30am-1:30pm) for mid-September. The full day is somewhere around $475-$490 I believe when we did it last time. Much more economical to do a full day, but that is our departure day so we wouldn't need it past 1:30 anyway.

Boy I’m hoping they do… but I think my dates (Oct 8th-11th) and (13th-15th) might get skipped over. From previous years it looks like mid October or late October and onwards… also when they extend the most recent discount to include all summer… I think they had a one or two week gap of normal prices? Of course the current promo ends at end of September… so if there is a 7-10 day gap before the next one… :(

I think the cheapest I could get was ~$900/night for the Grand for the first stay and $650/night for the second shorter stay over at DLH… very painful
Totally get it. I think you're right, they do skip a couple weeks for some reason. We went in late October last year (maybe the 20th-25th?) and while our dates were included in the discount period, there was no more availability for a room to rebook us to so they couldn't honor the discounted rate. Huge bummer, but what are you going to do. I think we paid $850/night without tax for a woods view at GCH last year so that sounds about right.

We were able to get the DLH for $490 with taxes included for our dates in September this year. I had originally booked CL, which I got for a killing ($850 for premium view with taxes included). It pained me to cancel that deal, but we realized that between all of our dining reservations and Halloween parties we would probably only get to enjoy CL for a quick 10-minute breakfast before heading down to rope drop. This is definitely a go, go, go trip so it just makes sense to skip CL this time.

You could try both out - one day use the splash pad at PP if you need more of a "busy day" at the pool- another just have them swim at DLH and you have your food and drink?

Totally get it. I think you're right, they do skip a couple weeks for some reason. We went in late October last year (maybe the 20th-25th?) and while our dates were included in the discount period, there was no more availability for a room to rebook us to so they couldn't honor the discounted rate. Huge bummer, but what are you going to do. I think we paid $850/night without tax for a woods view at GCH last year so that sounds about right.

We were able to get the DLH for $490 with taxes included for our dates in September this year. I had originally booked CL, which I got for a killing ($850 for premium view with taxes included). It pained me to cancel that deal, but we realized that between all of our dining reservations and Halloween parties we would probably only get to enjoy CL for a quick 10-minute breakfast before heading down to rope drop. This is definitely a go, go, go trip so it just makes sense to skip CL this time.
The location is just too dang perfect. Other than that I don’t really use anything else the resorts offer (except for the DCA entrance). I often don’t get up in time for early entry (blame the midnights in the park or Trader Sam’s almost until close, lol), hardly ever buy merch so no delivery back to the room, usually have a vehicle so still have to pay for stupid parking even though my Magic Key includes parking… but you can’t beat being in the bubble. Can’t beat dashing back to a room a couple times a day. Love the music in the DLH, especially when things get pretty quiet later at night when I’m usually returning to my room and making a lap around the lobby areas to take in the setting. Just hate the price… $450-$500 was somehow much easier to stomach than $650+ before tax, lol

I’m hoping I don’t have any issues using the DCA entrance the couple days I’m staying at the DLH.

We're currently staying at the hotel but cleaning wasn't as good as I'm used to. We're in our third night now but when my glasses fell off the nightstand this morning I wanted to find it by touch. But then I grabbed into a large pluck of hair from the previous guests. I was really disgusted by it.

They are going to do a thorough cleaning now while we're at the park and we got two low tier lightning lanes in compensation. Didn't feel great.DSC_3158.JPG

We're currently staying at the hotel but cleaning wasn't as good as I'm used to. We're in our third night now but when my glasses fell off the nightstand this morning I wanted to find it by touch. But then I grabbed into a large pluck of hair from the previous guests. I was really disgusted by it.

They are going to do a thorough cleaning now while we're at the park and we got two low tier lightning lanes in compensation. Didn't feel great.View attachment 789236
UGH!!! I would want more the LLanes!!

Yeah we weren't happy about it. We didn't know how to handle it but the three people at the desk were visibly shocked about it.

We have no real use for the lower tier LL since we already have Genie+ and we can get better LL that way.

I mostly hope the room is clean when we get back.

Yeah we weren't happy about it. We didn't know how to handle it but the three people at the desk were visibly shocked about it.

We have no real use for the lower tier LL since we already have Genie+ and we can get better LL that way.

I mostly hope the room is clean when we get back.
Quite honestly, I would want a credit on the room for 1 night!!! I would complain. Up to you. But that is disgusting,

I've been compensated with much better than LLs on the few occasions when something went awry. I was given a GC for $100 once and a cost adjustment to my room (plus moved to a much nicer one) another time when the sink backed up in the middle of the night. I've also been moved to a better room (standard to a small suite) when I discovered I was in the teeniest tiniest hotel room I've ever seen. There was only room for one queen bed--no other furniture! You had to walk down a skinny hall (bathroom near the door) to even get to that little speck of a room, ha ha. I guess technically it was a queen room, but....it was just a bed! Anyway, they moved us to a small suite (which was half of a combo suite) and gave us a $50 GC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter