The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Has anyone done the Happiest Hotel on Earth Tour at Disneyland Hotel recently? I'm wondering what my chances are of being able to do the tour on arrival day. I saw an old schedule in another post that showed the Disneyland Hotel tour is offered on Saturdays and Wednesdays at 1:00.

We arrive on Saturday, April 22 around 11am and I thought this might be a nice time to do this, so we don't take up park time on Wed. Do you know if we can sign up at check-in or should I call the day before to get on the list?

I'm so excited! This will be my first time staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

No, but I just wanted to say, we will be arriving at the DLH too on the same day and around the same time as you! Our first time too and I'm beyond excited!
Cheers to a magical stay!

No, but I just wanted to say, we will be arriving at the DLH too on the same day and around the same time as you! Our first time too and I'm beyond excited!
Cheers to a magical stay!
Awesome! Where are you flying into? We are coming into SNA. Planning to take Uber or Lyft.

We are flying into SNA too. We are using a private transfer, there are 5 of us and need a car seat, so we are using 4MostCoach

Just got our flights the other day! $1000 for the 2 of us roundtrip. And from Manitoba that was pretty good! lol I envy Americans and their cheap airfares!

169 days to go!!! I can't wait! I still have to register for the DL Half Marathon!

I don't know if this is where to ask this but can anyone tell me about the club level. Are they open for breakfast at 6:30? And do I check into the regular desk or is there a special check in for club? If there is a special check in are they open early? Will be there in august.

Can anyone give me any recommendations on what tower/area of hotel to request if I would like to be closest to the parks/downtown Disney? TIA!

I am so excited that we're going to stay 2 nights at the DLH! We were booked at the Grand Legacy but I got a pin code for 40% off valid Sun-Thurs. So we're sticking with the Grand Legacy for Saturday night and moving over to the DLH for Sun and Mon.

We're planning to rope drop DL on the same day as our DLH check in. Does anyone know if we'd be able to leave our luggage at the hotel that early?

Also, we are in a standard room. Any recommendations for room requests?

Adventure, but good luck getting it! We've requested it 3 times but never gotten it. Although last time they upgraded us to a suite in Frontier, so that was fine!

Adventure, but good luck getting it! We've requested it 3 times but never gotten it. Although last time they upgraded us to a suite in Frontier, so that was fine!
How do you even go about requesting anything? I am new to DL

Call about a week before you arrive and make your request. They will most likely tell you it's only a request, can't guarantee, etc...

We did that for our stay and then I called again about three days before we arrived just to ask if my request was still on my reservation.

When we checked in they were able to accommodate us no problem. I imagine it depends on the season, room type, etc...

We're planning to rope drop DL on the same day as our DLH check in. Does anyone know if we'd be able to leave our luggage at the hotel that early?

Also, we are in a standard room. Any recommendations for room requests?

Yep you can check your luggage in with the bell service desk at DLH. They will be there to help you and will give you a tag to retrieve your bags when you arrive back at the hotel later that day. Or once you get to your room you can call the bell desk and have them deliver your luggage to you in your room.

One more question, we decided to book our first night there as well to avoid switching hotels mid trip but since my pin code was only good for April 23 onward, we have two reservations. If I ask at check in, will we be able to avoid having to check out of our first reservation and check in again?

One more question, we decided to book our first night there as well to avoid switching hotels mid trip but since my pin code was only good for April 23 onward, we have two reservations. If I ask at check in, will we be able to avoid having to check out of our first reservation and check in again?

Yes. However, if I were you I would call ahead of time to alert them to that just to be sure you don't have to change rooms. I read someplace that they start making tentative room assignments the morning before.

Wow, the three times I have stayed at the DLH, I have only been in the Adventure Tower, but they have all been solo trips. One time I requested it (first stay) the other times, I took whatever was given to me.

Call the hotel directly and ask them to link your two reservations. If they are both the same room type then they won't make you check out/in again.

We stayed at the GCH a couple years ago with two different reservations - we used an Orbitz reservation for the first night and a Disney promotion for the next 4 nights. It was the same room category, and when I talked to the CM on the phone, he said that I wouldn't have to change rooms. Also, I double checked on this when we checked in, and they said that was fine and that we didn't have to check-in for the other reservation the next day. However on our second day, which would have been check-out day for our first reservation, all four of our rooms keys didn't work to open the door. So I had to go down to the lobby, which was a really long way from our room, and wait in a ridiculously long line to get them to issue me new keys. The computer system was requiring me to check-in again, even though we didn't have to change rooms. All of the CMs who were dealing with this situation were confused, and it took a very long time to sort it out - but when it was time to check out and I saw my bill, they had given me a 10% credit for me trouble, so that was a nice surprise.

Hopefully you won't have the same problem, but make sure you factor in some time to check-in for the second part of your reservation if your room keys don't work.

Can anyone give me any recommendations on what tower/area of hotel to request if I would like to be closest to the parks/downtown Disney? TIA!

We always request Adventure tower, but there aren't very many standard rooms in that one, so they fill up pretty quickly. The good thing about making the request for Adventure, though, if you book as standard room, is that they may give you a slight upgrade if that can't be done. In 2013 we requested Adventure and they upgraded us to a premium view room in Frontier where we had a huge corner room and were able to see the pool, downtown disney and the fire works. On our most recent trip (last week) we also requested Adventure, but they had us in a standard in Frontier - the CM said, "I'll go in the back and see if there's any magic back there" and we ended up in a room on the 4th floor in Adventure with a day bed. I think it was probably a "Deluxe" category room, because we've booked a Deluxe before and ended up on the 4th floor facing the pool, but that room was much smaller and it didn't have a day bed.

The only thing about being in the Adventure tower, though, is that you hear all of the noise from Downtown Disney. Our family likes to go to bed early and get up really early for EMH, but we could hear the bands each night, which were practically right outside of our window. They finish promptly at 10pm, which was fine for me, but my kids are usually asleep by around 9pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter