The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

I too would love to hear how much the suites are. The fantasyland suite looks like heaven. Probably way out of my price range!

I too would love to hear how much the suites are. The fantasyland suite looks like heaven. Probably way out of my price range!

It isn't easy getting pricing info. for the suites. They won't even tell you when you call unless they screen you somehow and determine you can actually afford it.

I found one LA weekly blog I am linking below that has some info. (PLEASE NOTE: there is some language in the article) - they only talk about the Big Thunder and Fairy Tale Suites. The info. is from 2010.

The Fairy Tale Suite is only 750 sq. ft. and meant for only two people. Prices range from off season (mid-January) for $650 to $950 on New Year's.

The Big Thunder Mt. Suite is much larger, can accommodate 6 people. It goes for a low of $3,000 up to $4,000 on New Year's.

For reference, here is the link I mentioned:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2010/11/disneylands_new_fairy_tale_sui.php

Wow...$650 doesn't seem bad for the FairyTale suite, does it? I was quoted that much for a regular suite that is basically just 2 standard rooms. I would be very tempted to stay there 1 night mid January for my birthday :lovestruc. I just have to find someone to go with me who would pony up the other half and sleep on the couch :rotfl:

It isn't easy getting pricing info. for the suites. They won't even tell you when you call unless they screen you somehow and determine you can actually afford it.

I found one LA weekly blog I am linking below that has some info. (PLEASE NOTE: there is some language in the article) - they only talk about the Big Thunder and Fairy Tale Suites. The info. is from 2010.

The Fairy Tale Suite is only 750 sq. ft. and meant for only two people. Prices range from off season (mid-January) for $650 to $950 on New Year's.

The Big Thunder Mt. Suite is much larger, can accommodate 6 people. It goes for a low of $3,000 up to $4,000 on New Year's.

Ah okay, thanks for sharing! It is interesting how they don't make the pricing available! Also, thanks for the heads up on the language on that Blog!! Wowza! People publish things like this? Oh my...:sick:

Were booked at PPH for 2 nights and got a great rate, but I just couldn't get excited about it. Those new rooms at DLH kept calling to me:rotfl:. Finally switched our reservation to DLH for our stay next week. I wish I had done it before our Canadian Dollar went down though;). NOW I'm excited, and thought I'd give this great thread a bump:).

This is actually much better link (it is the disney parks blog--which the above obsene blog probably lifted pics from):

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/11/fairy-tale-suite-at-the-disneyland-hotel/

It has more pics and no foul language!:)

I posted a video of the pool construction when we were there last April:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqq6rcssH9Q

We are total Disneyland Hotel nuts--we tyically stay there twice a year, but the last 3 times have really been not so good due to construction. The last time was the worst, because although we requested the Adventure Tower (called Dreams previously) and paid for a premium view, we were given the furthest tower (use to be called Wonder--now I don't know what it is called!) and the worst possible view of the construction. The noise was over the top (back hoes, earth movers, and rotating cement trucks are pretty loud). We tried to switch rooms, but they could only offer us a standard room to switch into that overlooked the parking lot. After paying for a high tower premium view, I didn't feel that was a fair trade!

The rooms are nice of course, but the construction and massive construction walls were ridiculous. We couldn't even walk to our room through the pool area--we had to walk all the way around through the back of the hotel (near parking lot) to get into one entrance of our tower. Only one elevator worked at that time, as they working on the lobby of our tower. The lobby was noisy with workers as well.

We always request a downtown Disney view, but don't typically get it--even when we pay for an upgraded view.

We will be back when the construction is complete! The rooms are really special, and we like the bigger space for our family of 5 better than the Grand Californian.

This is actually much better link (it is the disney parks blog--which the above obsene blog probably lifted pics from):

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/11/fairy-tale-suite-at-the-disneyland-hotel/

It has more pics and no foul language!:)

Yes, I had seen that link. In fact, the pictures from that link are shown on the first page of this particular thread.

It is better for photos but not better if you want pricing info. since the disney link has NO pricing.

People were asking the prices for these suites. I wanted to know the price of them. Disney does NOT publish the prices. As the link I included says (and I mentioned) disney will NOT give out this info. over the phone to just anyone who calls. I never would have used the link with the language since I don't appreciate such language but it was the ONLY one I could find in my research that had ANY prices in it. I'm surprised disney hasn't found it and demanded they pull the page off the internet - not for language but because it gives pricing.

If you can find any other links (disney or non-disney) that have the pricing of the suites, please include them. I would be happy to see one.

Does anyone know when the neverland pool is scheduled to open? I've heard November but I've also heard not until spring/summer.

Excellent information provided. We are still trying to plan when we will be able to have our first visit to DL. I would love to stay at DL Hotel. Just waiting for official word/date when Carsland will be open.

Resort: The Disneyland Hotel
Address: 1150 W Magic Way, Anaheim, CA 92802
Tel: (714) 999-4565
Fax: (714) 520-6099
Hotel Operator: (714) 520-6099
Official Website: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland-hotel/
Reservations: (714) 956-MICKEY or www.disneyland.com or your favorite travel agent

Main number to the hotel directly is now: (714) 778-6600

Fax is still (714) 520-6099

Can I request a particular location or room type?

Some people prefer to request one Tower or the other and it’s always best to make your requests along with your initial booking. You can also try faxing or phoning the resort a few days before you arrive (no more than five days) as a reminder, but please be aware that Disney will not guarantee any locations apart from on specific medical grounds.

Generally speaking, because of the shape/size of the resort, all Towers have fairly equal access to the pool / dining / recreation area, as well as equal distance to Downtown Disney and the Parks. However, the closest rooms to Downtown Disney and the Park entrances are in the Fantasy and Adventure Towers.

If you are hoping to be able to see the DL fireworks from your room and you are staying in the Adventure Tower (best tower to see them), you MUST be on the DTD side (not pool) and 5th floor or higher. Floors 2-4 have a "treeline" that keeps you from seeing the fireworks show.

This is exactly the thread I was looking for last month when I started researching the DLH for our next trip.

disneyfan67 was kind enough to share some awesome photos of their stay in a new room in this thread I started

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2776825

Thanks for this chickyann, I will include in the Room Reviews section. :goodvibes

Main number to the hotel directly is now: (714) 778-6600

Fax is still (714) 520-6099

If you are hoping to be able to see the DL fireworks from your room and you are staying in the Adventure Tower (best tower to see them), you MUST be on the DTD side (not pool) and 5th floor or higher. Floors 2-4 have a "treeline" that keeps you from seeing the fireworks show.

Thanks for the updated numbers and fireworks info - I will include it! :thumbsup2

Ok, started to panic a bit when I read about the construction woes! We're set to go Oct 13-15. About a week ago I changed our reservation from GCH to DLH because my kids wanted to stay there to try out the new waterslides. I had booked us at GCH, even though DLh is our fave, because of the construction but decided it probably wasn't bad. THEN I read some of the reviews here!! So I called today to change back to GCH and it's no longer available :eek:. I feel pretty stupid but am consoling myself with the hope that we get Adventure tower DTD view (which I requested and paid for, but you know how that goes) and with the idea that we will enjoy the new Tangaroa Terrace, have ressies for dinner at Goofy's, and are planning to eat at RFC so DLH is convenient for all of that. Right? RIGHT?? :rotfl:

I love this thread, by the way!! Thanks so much to all who have contributed photos. I think we should have a DIS DLH get together for all of us on this thread who love it and go in on one of the fancy suites!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter