The Disney Magic: My First Cruise Expierence

Feisty Fairy

DIS Veteran
It was just me and my husband about to embark on our first cruise ever for our anniversary trip in past years we have always went to Walt Disney World which we still winded up added Walt Disney World stay before and after the cruise.

Monday, May 7th- Tuesday, May 8th

To start our trip we arrived at Walt Disney World on May 7th at Disney's All Star Movies. We were only staying one day. We checked in went to our room and then had a Mickey Waffle in the food court our trip tradition. After that we went to Magic Kingdom. We enjoyed the Kingdom . We rode many of the rides then tried Casey's Corner for lunch. This was more food than I expected. My husband had the Chicago style dog. I had the chili cheese dog. We both had fries, a diet coke, and a brownie. It was better than I expected. We then rode a few more rides and then went to Epcot. We hit up Club Cool a must to any visit to Epcot. Then we rode the Figment and the Land and went to our dinner reservations at Garden Grill. The food and Character interaction both were a let down compared to last time we ate here. It seem that they have declined in quality and I did not care for the new menu. We went to the World Showcase took in the American Adventure and was going to stay for Illuminations but it began to rain so we head back to the resort a little early.

The next day we checked out. We headed to Hollywood Studio and caught a bus to Port Orleans and grabbed an order of beignets and then headed back to Hollywood Studios. in which we rode Star Tours multiply times and then we ate Pizza Planet. I had the cheese pizza and my husband had the vegetable pizza both were good. We split a Cappuccino cupcake which was quite tasty but I do miss the Mickey head rice crispy treat as a dessert choice. We then went into a couple of shops grabbed some taffy and left for the Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral for a Pre-Cruise stay. Which was a free rewards night we earned. Yah. We arrived at the hotel easier than I expected. It was really nice and I think I will stay here before any future cruises. We enjoyed the manger's special which was a selection of cheese and wine. They also had a few other things such as beer, soda and chips, olives, etc.... For dessert that had warm chocolate chip cookies and brownies. We went upstairs and went to bed then we got up. We grabbed some breakfast and caught the shuttle to the port.

Cruise

DSCF1050.jpg

1st Day- Wednesday- 5/9/2012

We arrived the port via Residence Inn offered shuttle since we winded up doing the park and cruise to save some money. We went through security and then checked-in and boarded about 20 minutes of checking in. We had boarding group number 5. We were on board the Disney Magic around 11:40 p.m. We stopped for pictures in the gangway. Then we had our family name announced. We proceeded to Parrot Cay to have lunch. The food was fresh. It was nice and light. I had some delicious cheeses, salad with a raspberry dressing, and baked chicken. Followed by a variety of desserts. We then proceeded to go to the elevators and explored the ship. Where we stopped by the adult area hot tubs after changing into our swim suits at the bathrooms near Topsiders. We stayed there until 2:00pm in the hot tub then we got a couple of adult beverages at Signals. My husband got a beer mug and I got the drink of the day, Bay Breeze. After that we headed to the room and changed. Only one of our suitcases out of the two had arrived at are room. We hung our Fish Extender outside. We changed and then went upstairs. We went to Guest Services and checked and signed up for Wine Tasting. It was still available. We also asked about Tea with Alice but I would of been waitlisted so I decided to pass on that.

We then went to the Promenade Lounge to meet with the Fish Extender group. We meet some nice people. We then went to our room and awaited the drill. After the safety drill we went to the sail away party which was great. A nice way to start our vacation officially. We went got a soda and a slice of pizza from Pinocchio's Pizzeria. I rather enjoyed the pizza. I had cheese my husband had the vegetable pizza. We then went to our stateroom and changed for the evening. Our second luggage had gotten there. We caught the show All Aboard. I liked the Cruise Director Peter. After the show we went to dinner at Parrot Cay we had second seating. I was glad they hand wipes at the door of the restaurant. We were sat down. We waited for our table mates for a little bit but after 10 minutes it was clear no one was coming we were supposed to be seated with two other couples.

Our servers were real friendly. Our assistant server was the best. He went by the name Tiger since his name is hard to pronounce. He was from Thailand. And or main server was from Bulgaria and I believe here name is spelled Ivilna (not sure I got the spelling right). Now back to the meal. I loved the menu. I think Parrot Cay was the favorite menu of the cruise. For appetizers I had Jamaican Marinated Chicken Tenderloins, my husband had the Ahi Tuna. For the Soup and Salad selection I had the Mango Papaya soup which I had questioned to start with but was glad I went with it because it was absolutely delicious and on the top five things I had and my favorite soup salad of the trip. My husband had the Parrot Cay salad. For Entrees my husband had the Mixed Grill and some of my entree because I got Island Spiced Rib-Eye with the double baked potato and corn and it was huge. For a dessert we both ordered the French Toast Banana Bread with coconut ice cream and it was fabulous. It was probably within the top two desserts of the trip. Our sever came by and told us what was the next day. She was very sweet but a little hard to understand at times with the noise around us, her soft voice and her strong accent.

After dinner we took in some of the activities onboard. At 9:45 we went to Mickey Mania which was fun. We then explored session and went to Match You Mate. When we walked in it was the end of Magic Quest and some ladies were taking their bras off which took me back a little. I was not offended just did not expect that. What was happening is the guys had to find different items and then do a cat walk. Some of the items included a handbag, heels and a bra. It was rather funny but safe to say I chickened out of volunteering for Match Your Mate. Instead me and my husband opted to watch it instead. They started off with innocent question and then got a little more embarrassing as it went. It was very fun. We then went back to the stateroom talked and went over the next day's navigator. We ordered some cookies and milk for bedtime from Room Service. And then the first day was officially over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter