The Disney Freak's Halloween Trip 2010

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
With GAD passes in hand, we will head to our favorite place on earth for 4 nights in October. This is my first pre-trip post...I'm hoping by writing it all out, it will help me sort out all my plans. :)

The travel party consist of Me...Self proclaimed Disney Freak...mother of DS 12 and DD6...with children in tow. And, along for the ride is my sister in law (Yet another Disney Freak) and her kids, DS9 and DD6.

For now we have the first night booked at BLT so we can enjoy the fireworks from the Top Of The World lounge. We have never stayed here so we thought we'd give it a try to see how we like it. That way, we will know if in the future we want to spend more time there, or if just one night is enough. The remaining nights are at Animal Kingdom/Kidani. We have a Savannah view and I'm so EXCITED!

This is the 4th trip for us in 2 years and the 3rd trip for my sister in law's crew...so we are doing things a bit different this time. We usually spend ALL day in the parks and eat out a lot...but...Budgets are tighter these days for both families, so we will actually be using the kitchen in the villa this time ;) And the GAD passes will be put to good use. Also, we are setting aside time for the kids to do the activities at the resort. We are big fans of Animal Kingdom lodge, so we thought we'd take advantage of the cool things they offer for the kids...jewelry making, tours of the restaurants, arts and crafts, etc...

And, I am super excited about going to MNSSHP for the very first time!!! I can't wait for tickets to go on sale.

More to follow...A few ADRs...and a plan for each day ( I just have to map it all out in advance...LOL! I even have a spreadsheet...:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: I do admit I need a 12 step program!! Also, things than are FUN and FREE, Why I love Disney so much, What will we actually cook, and more...

There are a few things I'd like your suggestions on:
#1...what park is best for our crew to use our GAD passes?
All the kids like to ride any type of ride, They will be ages 7,7,10 and 13 at the time of the trip. We will be at MK for MNNSHP...so where should we spend the other full "park" day? Epcot? HWS? Animal Kingdom? Disney Quest? A Water Park? If so, which one? (Im really not a big water park fan...)

#2...Is The BoardWalk a good place to pool hop? I thought we might check out the pool and do some of the Board Walk things one night? What will we find there??

Only 191 days, 23 hours, 55 minutes and 6 seconds to go...but hey, who's counting...:lmao:

[/COLOR]

Well, now I only have 123 more days to wait…arrrrrrgh! The MNSSHP tickets have been purchased and the GAD passes have been downloaded. And, the kids are getting Disney gift cards for their birthday. So, the plans and budgets are slowly falling into place.

Now that WWOHP is open at Universal, I have been thinking about spending a day there…but I just can’t decide.

I am also starting to realize that it will probably still be quite warm in Orlando in late October and I hate the heat---but---It will be ok…right??? What kind off temps does Orlando have in late october?

Does anyone know of a place outside the parks that does face painting? The kids want to get there faces done for Halloween. Do they do it inside MK? If so, where??

Is the Boardwalk a good place to pool hop? What will we find at the Boardwalk that is fun to do??

I just can’t wait---Halloween at WDW!! Yippee! I'm such a kid!!

If you could only do one park for the day, other than MK, which would you choose? Why?

A very talented Dis Board Member made these cool Halloween T shirt designs for me...and..then I got insired and made some myself...

Im still trying to figure out how to post pics so I hope this works---------------------:confused3

These will be the designs for the kid's Halloween T shirts for MNSSHP...
Halloween

Halloween

Halloween

http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/...een/?action=view&current=halloweenideas3.jpg&

Well....I ***FINALLY*** figured out how to post pics on this crazy board...I had to watch a tutorial...ok...it is me? I just dont think it should be that difficult! Im no coputer guru, but I just could not figure that out! I am so glad I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY figured it out!!!

Yee Hawwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

So here are the Halloween designs...Milliepie is the best! She inspired me to make some of my own...

Which of these 2 designs do you like best?

halloweenideas4.jpg
[/IMG]

A few more---

halloweenideas2.jpg
[/IMG]

minniendaisy.jpg
[/IMG]

JESSIE-WOODY--BULLSEYE.jpg
[/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter