Vowelmommy

Mouseketeer
Hello! Welcome to my first ever pre trip report!
This is a different and special trip and I am having a wonderful time planning it- so join in!

The Who
Me:
IMG_0716.JPG
IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

I'm Rachel, I love Disney, broadway, food, books and my family! My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast. I am a stay at home mom. I will be celebrating my 42nd birthday ( a couple weeks early) during our trip. It will have been 22 months since I was in a Disney Park when my feet hit property in November.

DH:
IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0718.jpg

This is Mike (47) He's the best. We have been married for 22 years. He enjoys Disney, but I think he enjoys watching me enjoy it even more. He is the development director at a software company. Last November, Mike had a heart attack and had a stent placed. It has rocked our world. We will be celebrating one year since the heart attack during our trip.

The kids:
IMG_0721.JPG
IMG_0572.jpg

These guys aren't coming with us this time!
They will be a sophomore in college, a sophomore in high school, a fifth grader and a third grader at the time of the trip. They are great kids. ❤️

The What
A kid- free, romantic celebration in November.

The When
November 9-16 2017

The Where
Caribbean Beach Resort
Epcot Food and Wine
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

The Why
It seems like it was true for many, but it doesn't make it less true for us, 2016 was a hard year for our family. Mike and I both had serious health issues, with his heart attack the week of Thanksgiving really scaring us. We also had some family stuff that has been draining and exhausting. We decided that we needed a trip just for the two of us to celebrate making to the other side of all of it.
We considered lots of destinations, traditionally "adult" places like Mexico and Jamaica, and while lots of great trips were on the table, none of them felt like what I needed. Finally, DH said- is it Disney? Do we need Disney?
Of course we did!

Last edited:
Table of Contents

Introduction
A Different Kind of Trip
Preliminary Plans

Last edited:
A Different Kind of Trip

So, we have been to both WDW and DLR several times as they are pretty much equidistant from our home. I love both of them, but WDW is my favorite. When we go with the children, I am a park open to close kind of gal. It just makes me crazy to think of "wasted" possible Disney moments doing things like sleeping.

IMG_0720.JPG

However, DH and I took a quick trip to Disneyland in February of 2016, and I tried to be a bit more relaxed. It was tricky however, as we were staying off property and had to deal with traffic around the resort which is ghastly, and we only had a few days so I felt rushed to SEE IT ALL. It was an awesome trip though.

IMG_0714.JPG
This time, I am determined to be more chill. DH really doesn't have the stamina anymore to do open to close, and we really don't need to. We can enjoy ourselves and take our time, and it will be great. I kind of have to keep repeating this to myself as I am planning, because old habits are hard to break!!

Preliminary Plans

We are flying into Orlando from our home in the Midwest on Thursday, November 9.
We are staying 7 nights at CBR with the DDP.

This trip is all about doing Disney differently, so we are trying lots of new things. On our list of plans:
Epcot Food and Wine
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
My first ever solo day
Time on the boardwalk
Pandora at Animal Kingdom
A signature meal
All brand new experiences for us!

I am also dreaming of ways to do something extra special for DH, to thank him for always making my dreams come true and to celebrate a year of health. I will keep you posted!

ADRs!!
On Saturday morning I made our ADRs and also bought our tickets to MVMCP!
We are trying some new places and revisiting some favorites-

Lunch @ Chefs de France
Dinner @ Cape May
Dinner @ The Brown Derby
Lunch @ Restaurant Marakessh
Breakfast @ Be Our Guest
Dinner @ SKipper Canteen
Dinner @ O'hana
Breakfast @ The Wave

Hi! Following along. Hope all the health issues and other stuff are much better in 17 for you. Watching to see how going kid free goes.

Exciting updates!
1) I recieved our MVMCP tickets!
2) After reading more details on the refurb at CBR, I decided to upgrade us to The Boardwalk Inn!!! I'm so excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter