The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

We had a great time out on the beach and the pool.

Melissa and Lauren even got up at 5am to catch the sunrise!!! I slept till 7....

About mid trip we decided to rent a boat for a few hours. I much prefer a v-hull cruiser or a bow rider, though seems the only thing you can rent in OBX is a pontoon. (Next time I will do more research.) As an experienced boater it was fun to watch the staff there come running to help me dock and I was done before they could bother. I was seriously in a happy place, I love boating, but not enough to sink money into owning my own.

The remaining time was spent relaxing away in the sun, surf or pool. And one night we got a beach fire permit (no cost, just sign off on safety.) So we started with pie iron pizzas before a few hours of just enjoying the fire. By the time we put it out per the rules and no sooner than I finished unloading the truck the skies opened up with a massive downpour. I thanked mother nature for allowing us to enjoy the beach fire and fun.

The week as so fun and flew by quickly. Before we knew it it was the last night for our friends who had to check out Friday, we were staying through Saturday. So we decided to have one adult night out for dinner and went to Millers on the Waterfront. It felt so odd to be out at a restaurant again, I think since my birthday in 2020 we been to a restaurant twice. Our good friends Ken and Christie where with us for this outing.

The food was yummy and I even got them to try fried cheese curds (which Christie had never tried before.)

All of our dishes where awesome and the service was good though they seemed to be struggling a little.

Our last full day we were solo. We said goodbye to friends pulling out and then loaded up for our second bike ride. This time south towards Avon, NC. It was just a 7.5 mile out and back and the girls did well. We stuck to only areas where we still had sidewalk to bike on.

On the return we found the second geocache at the old post office.

It was an easy find and we logged our names before continuing down to our stop for lunch at Atlantic Coast Cafe. The food was so tasty, and we all enjoyed our dishes and smoothies.

After lunch we rode through the KOA to see if we would like their sites better. I think the take was, a lot more gravel and sand. Some sites where nice, but the feel of the park was not as nice as camp hatteras. I guess that means if we went back we would stay there again.

After we got back to the RV it was another round of dog walks and playtime and one last outing at the pool and dinner before catching one last sunset and ice cream at the store next door.

Once we got back we broke down all the outside stuff before some gusty winds arrived and everyone pitched in. In an hours time we had it all packed away and went inside to relax and unwind. The next day was the tow home and we hit the road around 10:30am and got home just around 6:30 with a few stops along the way.

Now we spend the next 3 weeks cleaning and repacking for the next trip to Disney. This time the pups will stay at home with our amazing pet sitter who always goes above and beyond for us without being asked.

Denise,

I can sympathize. They are not good. My first (and only) experience was when were were at Daytona. We had setup in a grassy area outside the track and didn't realize we were in the middle of a fire ant colony. I had flip flops on and was covered in bites up to both knees. Those things itched for days.

j

Ugh, that always is unpleasant. Oddly I think we all managed well, yet at least half of us got bitten at least once by the biting flies. We also wondered how we had so few mosquito/noseeum bites. Well at the end of the beach fire night I found out, they have someone come in every night around 11pm with a truck mounted fogger who runs a lap around the park.

Not as fancy as Disney's bat army, but it seemed effective.

That's really cool. They shot a movie on my block when I was a teen called 'The Paint Job' - not nearly as exciting as what's happening there, and I never actually saw it. I should probably try to look it up sometime.

We had a great time out on the beach and the pool.

View attachment 583796View attachment 583799

Melissa and Lauren even got up at 5am to catch the sunrise!!! I slept till 7....

View attachment 583798

About mid trip we decided to rent a boat for a few hours. I much prefer a v-hull cruiser or a bow rider, though seems the only thing you can rent in OBX is a pontoon. (Next time I will do more research.) As an experienced boater it was fun to watch the staff there come running to help me dock and I was done before they could bother. I was seriously in a happy place, I love boating, but not enough to sink money into owning my own.

View attachment 583800View attachment 583801

The remaining time was spent relaxing away in the sun, surf or pool. And one night we got a beach fire permit (no cost, just sign off on safety.) So we started with pie iron pizzas before a few hours of just enjoying the fire. By the time we put it out per the rules and no sooner than I finished unloading the truck the skies opened up with a massive downpour. I thanked mother nature for allowing us to enjoy the beach fire and fun.

View attachment 583805View attachment 583803

The week as so fun and flew by quickly. Before we knew it it was the last night for our friends who had to check out Friday, we were staying through Saturday. So we decided to have one adult night out for dinner and went to Millers on the Waterfront. It felt so odd to be out at a restaurant again, I think since my birthday in 2020 we been to a restaurant twice. Our good friends Ken and Christie where with us for this outing.

View attachment 583802

The food was yummy and I even got them to try fried cheese curds (which Christie had never tried before.)

All of our dishes where awesome and the service was good though they seemed to be struggling a little.
What a great week of vacation and relaxing family time ! Hope you are all re-charged!! Thank you for sharing it all with us… beautiful family 👍🙂

72271E6A-2C16-49DF-8017-37B06ABF67FB.jpeg
OK, where do we get one of those?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter