The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Whew was it hot and steaming this weekend in good ole NoVA. The weekend went mostly well with getting chores and a walk in on Friday. Saturday started with some errands and then kind of snowballed from there. I started out planning to wash the roof to the RV, season the blackstone and wash my commuter car that needed some love.

Little Blue (my 2005 Hyundai Tucson commuter car) had some tough to remove sap stains from one of the pine trees that broke a branch in a recent storm. I decided it was a good time to use the bug and tar remover and get that taken care and give the car a quick bath. So I washed, then used the bug and tar remover and the results where awesome! Until I stepped back and saw that each spot I cleaned waw bright and shiny and there rest of the 'clean' paint was dull and dirty looking. Soooo for the next two hours I machine compounded the car, then put a coat of meguiar's cleaner wax on the car. Usually I skip the compounding on that car, however, the cleaner wax was so hard to remove without it.

So Little Blue looking sharp, we went to a friends graduation party to celebrate one master degree graduation and one high school grad in the same home. It was a great event and an awesome way to wrap up Saturday.

Sunday I spent reorganizing the outside bays of the RV, after several trips I found some things needed to be moved for easier access and others could be tucked away somewhere better. I also took care of picking up more fiber board as we finished puzzle 5 and needed a board to move it to so we can start the now sorted puzzle 6 of our 40k piece disney puzzle. Melissa needed to work inside the RV so I took the opportunity to run a few hours on our emergency generator to give it a good exercise and bonus I can run both ACs!!! She was happy about that as she started organizing and packing. She wanted to change out some linnens used for bedding and such and I am not one to get in the way.

Once we had inside chilled a little I took it as a good opportunity to install an RV Airflow System insert into the back bedroom AC unit. I have to say I am VERY impressed. The difference in airflow through the ducts is clearly improved though I forgot to get before and after measurements. I will see how it does on the trip, but I feel I might get one for the front AC too! If you are interested I have a code that would save both of us money on one.

Ok so, an update of sorts. My jeep is gone. I used the carvana website, and the whole thing went flawlessly. I set date and time, they came on time. Looked at the jeep for a few minutes, started it, drove it back and forth a few time. I signed it over, money in the bank like a day later. Took them like 20 minutes from arrival to paperwork. Easy and done. Could i have maybe gotten a few more $$$ with a private seller? Maybe. But this was no hassle, no bartering and fast. So recomended to use them.

I was going to mow the yard today & my neighbor's, but too humid & hot. Yesterday our heat index was 103 with 91 temp. & going to be about the same today. I have to take Missy to the Vet today for blood work to see if her liver function numbers are lower. Has taken 2 rounds of meds. Yes, see the Eastern part of this USA is having horrible heat. Sounds like Texas weather. Be safe & don't get over heated.

When it is hot like that I make sure to drink lots of water. Thankfully able to get the work done with breaks and hydration. Monday evening after Dinner and before I lost light I got on the roof and gave it a good needed wash down. Next up will be to wash the rig this afternoon which thankfully the temps dropped a bit since the weekend. We are expecting rain tomorrow, so I can move on to other vacation and packing preparations.

Yesterday got a little crazy when Penny jumped up and stole a few bites of trail mix with raisins in it. She is fine, but that resulted in an immediate trip to my vet which they induced vomiting and got them back out of her. I am upset with the girls, though, later we spoke about it and that with a puppy you can never take for granted she will remember you just corrected her for trying to steal food 5 minutes ago. At 5 months of age she is definitely trying to push her boundaries, though we are working to train her to be proper at all times.

It alway seems to be more that I want to do and never time to do it.

17 hours to departure. Shopping is done, cleaning is as done as it's gonna get because we been raining steady to hard for nearly 24 hours. I am glad I got as much as I could get done early this week. Before the rains hit I tried out one of these new ceramic wash and coat systems. I know it won't replace a good coat of wax, but its nice to see it has some good hydrophobic qualities and pulled the shine level up on the rig. I will finish getting a good coat on it, but its a section at a time and right now she is clean and ready.

Tonight we load everything up in the fridge and pantry plus load all our clothes. I want to be hitched up and ready to go so come morning its just load the bikes and hit the road. I am expecting 7-8 hours travel time to get there which is fine by me. Once we hit the road I am on vacation and going to try to avoid sweating it.

It is also the last day of school, we officially have a middle school age child and a high schooler. *cronk, pull the lever!* This should be an new stage of the adventure!!

Missy's Vet visit was not what I wanted to hear. Her liver #'s are higher, so on the 24th Missy will have a sonogram. It could be the "C" word or since she is a senior dog that could cause the problem. I am praying it is her age. Jbrostek, I hope Penny is OK.

JETS70,

The Alabama baseball moves have already started. The batting assistant coach has "left the team to pursue opportunities outside of college baseball" and several kids have entered the transfer portal. We might have a lot of new faces to watch in fall practice.

Bama Ed

Fireworks return in the middle of our trip...
giphy-downsized.gif

Coupled with a lot of easing restrictions, this is turning out quite nicely. Missing HDDR still, but I can't get too greedy, right?

Now if NASA or SpaceX can get their act together and have a launch during our time out at Jetty Park :rolleyes:

Fireworks return in the middle of our trip...
giphy-downsized.gif

Coupled with a lot of easing restrictions, this is turning out quite nicely. Missing HDDR still, but I can't get too greedy, right?

Now if NASA or SpaceX can get their act together and have a launch during our time out at Jetty Park :rolleyes:

Nice! We're there in August, so I'm glad they will be up and running before then. Now if they would only re-launch AP's so that we could convert our tickets!!

Nice! We're there in August, so I'm glad they will be up and running before then. Now if they would only re-launch AP's so that we could convert our tickets!!

We had to go this year because our tickets we bought for last year weren't going to fly in 2022 without shelling out more to the Mouse. We were going regardless, but nice to see it getting closer. Still more to go though, unfortunately.

A small bit of good news. The Run Disney site as leaked that Marathon weekend will happen. You have to be a bit of a detective but it is scheduled for Jan 9 2022. Registration opens on July 20 2021. This news has made me happy.

It has been kind of stressful week. Mallory is still not doing great but our plan is to spoil her for the next week and see how it goes. She will get to see grammy and grappy on Sunday. She also likes Cheetos, just like me.

A small bit of good news. The Run Disney site as leaked that Marathon weekend will happen. You have to be a bit of a detective but it is scheduled for Jan 9 2022. Registration opens on July 20 2021. This news has made me happy.

It has been kind of stressful week. Mallory is still not doing great but our plan is to spoil her for the next week and see how it goes. She will get to see grammy and grappy on Sunday. She also likes Cheetos, just like me.

That's great news for the runners. My knees have never allowed me to be a runner. I truly wish they did something with cycling instead of running, but I know that would be substantially more difficult.

Sorry to hear about Mallory!

While cleaning out the kitchen, getting ready for remodel, have a few things if people want them.

One cream holder barely used (I use the sugar holder)

BBA73CF3-D9FE-4404-97E5-F815E2F10298.jpeg

4 water goblets

E0DBE00E-95BF-4C6D-890D-A019297433F2.jpeg

Let me know if someone wants either. Once I have a taker can figure out how to get them to you. They are going to goodwill if I get no takers.

A few more things on the market. Ladies might like some of them.

Vera Bradley purses. This is purple needs to be cleaned up.

B3F6B11A-E29D-4FB1-B065-E78B10D9162F.jpeg

Also Vera Bradley this is a tiny purse. Holds a tiny iPhone and money.

7747D917-113F-4B40-B28E-87B48C354CDB.jpeg

Dream ears. I have two.

99CC79AE-D747-4DCF-931B-1C39C7E6EBC8.jpeg

Again free and I will figure out how to get it to you. Otherwise going to good will.

Back from the beach. What an amazing week, and I cannot believe how easy it was for me to disconnect from the world. I had my phone around me a lot, but not much activity on it. That also lead to me just not posting much.

The week was awesome, lots of downtime at the beach, at the pool and cooking locally. Friends we traveled with commented that we didn't have time to do much and my reply was "exactly, nor did we need to."

Camp Hatteras is bigger than I expected. Sites are pretty good sized and give you about 12-14 foot of space to the side before you get into utilities for the next site.

Of course being so close to the ocean the winds would pick up too much to keep awnings out, but as a seasoned veteran of camping near the atlantic with stays elsewhere, I had 2 10x10 canopies and lots of straps and stakes to keep them from flying away.

The pups settled quickly, Penny loved the beach, the minpins did not but enjoyed the dog park. Ellie also liked her sun chair outside the camper, barking was not too bad though we continue to work on that with Ellie. As much as they would bark at our site, the same dogs at the dog park was no barking at all. So I guess ill talk to the trainer and see what she thinks we can do.

We took are bikes with us and got two 7 mile rides in. One early in the week and one later, both times finding Geocaches.

And of course one cannot camp at the beach for a week without copious amounts of good cooking :)

From grilled hot wings, to quesadillas on the blackstone. I was ready to cook and enjoy the new and old.

I have to say the best part of it was the sunsets, so many gorgeous sunsets! I wish I had brought my SLR, I completely forgot it for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter