The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Hey, if you need some stuff let me know, I may have something to send your way. A light tower or I have to see what i definitely will not use. Maybe some well used plasticville. Small ,but probably cool. You never know.....
Thanks Spencer! I'll let you know.

I think this will be the last picture until it's completely finished. My wife is having fun setting up all the Santa's Village Department 56 houses. Once she has all the accessories set up, and everything is lit I'll post a final picture.
In the "it's always something" category, I have to make a call to Lionel tomorrow for a part. (Train Nerd Alert). The eccentric crank assembly on the T1 broke. That's the Locomotive that pulls my version (Chesapeake and Ohio) of the Polar Express! Hopefully the part is still available.
20231210_115053.jpg
20231210_120305.jpg

Last edited:
Don,

If that part is not available, maybe you can pick up a parts-only identical loco (non-functioning) at a good price. I use that approach when need be.

My base unit for the remote control throttle croaked last weekend and a replacement arrived yesterday and I hope to get it swapped in tomorrow. We've had overnight visitors at the house this weekend and a contractor working on the outside of the house so it's been too busy to play with trains.

Hopefully mid-week I can put the time in.

Ed

PS - praise DW for her village display which will maybe help you run (more) trains more.

I picked up a caboose and a gondola car at the end of November but when Thanksgiving went by, prices went UP as sellers take advantage of the Christmas gift giving season. So I am pausing till after New Years to resume browsing.

https://www.lionelsupport.com/
You can try to search for the part on the site, unfortunately, new is new to me so I am no help. Before you would look up the train and get the parts list, then just look up the part.
I downloaded the exploded view Spence and identified the part number. When I searched their parts list I found a bunch of eccentric cranks, but when I put my part number in it came up nothing found, hence the call to their support tomorrow. I think they made that train in 89'ish. Part number could have changed so maybe the can help with a cross reference. Heck, I run my trains, well used to. It's not an in the box collectors piece. I'll take a part that fits and functions. It doesn't have to be chrome, it can be black. Just send the left and right!
@bama_ed
I'll look for a doner but not hopeful. Those T-1s are going for almost $2k now. Running of course. She even ran the trains yesterday so she's into it. Setting up the train board with all the houses used to be a Christmas tradition. We just haven't done it in the last 9 years or so.

Hennings trains might have it or something that will work. They used to make parts that lionel stopped making. Addtionally, jeff at the train tender , may know. He mostly does post and pre war, but knows everything train related.

Hennings trains might have it or something that will work. They used to make parts that lionel stopped making. Addtionally, jeff at the train tender , may know. He mostly does post and pre war, but knows everything train related.
Thank you! Appreciate the suggestions Spence! Anything that will give me more options in the search.

@Sjm99 and @bama_ed
I appreciate you two inspiring me to get the trains out. My wife and I both had a lot of fun setting up the board again! Except for the broken crank on the T-1 which I haven't found the part for its made us both happy! Thanks again 20231211_175001.jpgEd and Spence.
Pictures of the finished layout...
20231211_174712.jpg
20231211_174751.jpg
Lights out...
20231211_175631.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter