• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

We had three snow days this week. I drive them the one day. They have been way off all week . Oldest off tomorrow exams start Monday and next week is our PD day.. I just want a regularly scheduled week

After all the junk I ate today I decided I had better get a walk in, just 20 minutes but it was kind of nice. Hopefully I will get to the store tomorrow and get some better food in the house! That's the plan any way. PD day so kiddo will be home again...

Would love to join in. I love to walk but once I get home from work all I can think about is my housecoat and the couch. So the pound have just crept on.
I have started the new year by tracking my calorie intake. Makes me think before I put something in my mouth. I am also going to sign up for a half marathon.
I don't run them but I can sure power walk them. I have done a few Disney ones in the past and nothing gets you moving like over paying and not wanting to be last. I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier but I downloaded an app to my Iphone called Carrot. They track your movement and then set goals for you. If you meet them you earn point for scene card or aeroplan points. Plus some others.

The more the merrier. Welcome to our little group.

Speaking of that and I may have missed it as 2 jobs 4 kids solo can take up a bit of time ha ha how many of us are there ?.. did we do intro posts ? Goals etc or? Prob did but I totally missed it

To be totally honest I have no idea how many of us there are. I can count and do up a list of people who have joined if that is of any use to thread members. This thread started because a number of us on the Airmiles thread were commenting on needing to get more exercise/lose weight etc. We didn't want to take over the focus of that thread so I started this one to focus on getting fit and moving more (whatever your personal goal is).

I think each of us has shared where we're coming from and what our goal is as the thread has progressed. You are welcome to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable doing. We are a very supportive group of like minded Disney loving people. Feel free to share your progress or just vent if that's what's needed on any particular day.

I enjoy having new online friends.

We had three snow days this week. I drive them the one day. They have been way off all week . Oldest off tomorrow exams start Monday and next week is our PD day.. I just want a regularly scheduled week

I don't ever remember as many "snow days in a row" as there have been in the Eastern Ontario this week (and I lived through the winter of 1970, that was the year we had so much snow our double driveway became a single driveway with 5-6 ft snowbanks on each side of it). Fortunately my boys are grown, although I did have to drive one to college yesterday as the buses aren't too reliable during storms.

With 4 kids, I can only imagine how much you need those days when the kids are in school for some sanity. Hopefully they will be off to school tomorrow.

I've got Carrot too, I'll add you :). My user code is tiffanyk7775.

It gets worse. You can't even purchase one of the levels anymore (2x, 5x, 10x). Carrot Rewards stopped the ability to purchase a level early in January. Now they are saying it was a "limited time offer" when that was not the case. All their original posts, emails, etc indicated they were going to raise the price in the new year - not cancel it.

I can do a challenge with you! I'm in a challenge right now with another friend but we will be finished tomorrow morning. If we add each other to Carrot Rewards and start the challenge before noon tomorrow, tomorrow's steps will count. If we start after 12 PM, then the challenge starts on Saturday instead. My Carrot Reward ID is danielleb9308.

quote-7-thomas-a-edison-1.jpg

Week two has been difficult for me but week 3 is coming up.

Hugs Mel

That's awesome Mel. Thanks for sharing:goodvibes.
My walking was exactly zero this week with the weather. Ugh. I have very busy days though so its not sitting around all day for me. I just need it to warm up a bit. Decided to start dancing in the house. That's something I can always get into...as long as nobody is watching :rotfl:.
My eating and logging with Weight Watchers has been 100% on point and I am past the sugar cravings.. good riddance. I'm drinking a TON of water as well.
Overall I am feeling pretty positive with my progress. I've been down this road before though and my biggest challenge of all will be to not give up when it gets hard. There always comes a time when I've been at it for weeks or months, I'm not excited about it anymore and feel deprived. A few bad eating days drag me down and before you know it it's a year later and I'm trying again. The #1 thing I have to change is learning to tune back in after a bad spell and get back on track. THAT is behavioral and the fix for it is staying accountable. I need to track everything I eat ,no matter what, and I need to check in with other people (that's you guys!).
I'm firmly holding the image in my mind of shopping for dresses for the two weddings I have coming up, and dancing without a care in the world. That's my goal.. and I will get there.

Added you both to carrot -- think you'll be able to figure out it's me :P I'm not usually a good match for a challenge though .... my current goal is only 2500 steps and i haven't met it in a week. You should just ignore me :(

Holy heck girl! You're really moving today after saying you don't even get 2,500 steps a day normally. Good for you!!

I don't have time for the gym/treadmill today but I'll hit my steps just from all the running around I need to do. Heading out to the grocery store in a few minutes. Then take my daughter to the sewing store to purchase fabric for her class tomorrow. Then my son out to SportChek to get boots & bindings for the Monster snowboard we won. I hope I can get my husband to cook dinner tonight. :)

Thank goodness the weather is better today! I was able to get groceries, lots of healthy veggies. I will do a walk later this afternoon, after I catch up on some of my TV shows, since I haven't been able to watch anything other than Xbox games. Looking forward to some grown up tv shows! Ah star trek, the orville and not sure what else I have taped.

Glad to see so many checking in! I find even just knowing the group is here helps me stay motivated. For now any way! Hopefully it keeps working.

Holy heck girl! You're really moving today after saying you don't even get 2,500 steps a day normally. Good for you!!

I don't have time for the gym/treadmill today but I'll hit my steps just from all the running around I need to do. Heading out to the grocery store in a few minutes. Then take my daughter to the sewing store to purchase fabric for her class tomorrow. Then my son out to SportChek to get boots & bindings for the Monster snowboard we won. I hope I can get my husband to cook dinner tonight. :)
Uhm ... yeah, about that .... TORONTO DAY! I have to leave the house at 4:45 & walk 3 K to get to the bus!! Here's why my goal has dropped .... Some of those days are just PATHETIC, but i don't always carry my phone around when I'm in the house so it's not really accurate (that's my story and I'm sticking to it :P )
steps.JPG

So I am just checking in.................yesterday it was awful trying to maneuver the forest trails,,,I kept worrying about falling so I went to the community centre,,and said
I am out of shape.................................
I can walk about a mile............................
I have arthritis in both feet and knees and a recurring popliteal cyst...........................
I want to walk on the indoor track at my own pace,,,,
OK they said.............................
So for $45.00 I got the winter season Indoor Track Pass.
Today I was prepared with my phone...son added the step app and Spotify for music and gave me earbuds,,,
I have to do 9 laps around the track to = one KM.

My total steps for this morning at work and then the track **** 8074,,,not to shabby.:dogdance:

Now tomorrow I am going shopping to see if a better pair of running shoes help with the pain.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
You gals have been busy today. I was out chatting with a few girlfriends this morning. Good times. I came home and bit the bullet and ordered a treadmill. I just have to get the male members of this family together to go and pick it up for me (they've got to be good for something). Then they'll have to assemble it and set up the tv etc and I'm off to the races.

I got the treadmill at Canadian Tire and managed a whopping $4 added to my triangle account. I get more in AM from putting it on my AM CC than that. No more excuses for me. I am going to walk my way through a few of my favourite shows each day.

You gals have been busy today. I was out chatting with a few girlfriends this morning. Good times. I came home and bit the bullet and ordered a treadmill. I just have to get the male members of this family together to go and pick it up for me (they've got to be good for something). Then they'll have to assemble it and set up the tv etc and I'm off to the races.

I got the treadmill at Canadian Tire and managed a whopping $4 added to my triangle account. I get more in AM from putting it on my AM CC than that. No more excuses for me. I am going to walk my way through a few of my favourite shows each day.

So happy and PROUD for you.
Think of all those *Binge* worthy walks you are going to have!
Hugs Hon
Mel

Uhm ... yeah, about that .... TORONTO DAY! I have to leave the house at 4:45 & walk 3 K to get to the bus!! Here's why my goal has dropped .... Some of those days are just PATHETIC, but i don't always carry my phone around when I'm in the house so it's not really accurate (that's my story and I'm sticking to it :P )
View attachment 378116
Ohhhhhh Hon....a 3k walk to the bus in the cold...............,,,where is that ice cube......:cold:
Warm hugs to you..
Hugs
Mel

Thank goodness the weather is better today! I was able to get groceries, lots of healthy veggies. I will do a walk later this afternoon, after I catch up on some of my TV shows, since I haven't been able to watch anything other than Xbox games. Looking forward to some grown up tv shows! Ah star trek, the orville and not sure what else I have taped.

Glad to see so many checking in! I find even just knowing the group is here helps me stay motivated. For now any way! Hopefully it keeps working.

Well done on stocking up on the fresh veggies Hon,,
Yeah for grown up tv show!
Hugs to you
Mel

That's awesome Mel. Thanks for sharing:goodvibes.
My walking was exactly zero this week with the weather. Ugh. I have very busy days though so its not sitting around all day for me. I just need it to warm up a bit. Decided to start dancing in the house. That's something I can always get into...as long as nobody is watching :rotfl:.
My eating and logging with Weight Watchers has been 100% on point and I am past the sugar cravings.. good riddance. I'm drinking a TON of water as well.
Overall I am feeling pretty positive with my progress. I've been down this road before though and my biggest challenge of all will be to not give up when it gets hard. There always comes a time when I've been at it for weeks or months, I'm not excited about it anymore and feel deprived. A few bad eating days drag me down and before you know it it's a year later and I'm trying again. The #1 thing I have to change is learning to tune back in after a bad spell and get back on track. THAT is behavioral and the fix for it is staying accountable. I need to track everything I eat ,no matter what, and I need to check in with other people (that's you guys!).
I'm firmly holding the image in my mind of shopping for dresses for the two weddings I have coming up, and dancing without a care in the world. That's my goal.. and I will get there.

You are doing great Hon!!
I need to drink more water,,,I drink mostly tea but need to change that up a bit.
It's great to have a goal to help motivate yourself and YES you will be dancing all night!
Hugs to you
Mel

Last edited:

Hi Hon
Mel (Melanie) here
Did I mention that I used to work both fulltime and partime(for 15 years),,I am a mom to 3 adult sons now.
Raising 3 kids by myself was one of the hardest but most rewarding jobs I've ever done.(At the time it didn;t always feel like that).
I will say that I wish I had made more time for myself but alas we can't undo the past.
Always remember your kids will come back to you when they are older and shower you with appreciation,love and joy because they will be able to acknowledge your contribution to their life in ways that they might not be able to see or understand at this time.
Please remember to take time for you,,
Hugs
Mel

I haven't been out walking today but I just ordered a new pair of winter boots so I can go out walking without getting wet feet. Yesterday was a good day as I got in my 10,000 steps even though I went to Costco and for some reason when I push the shopping buggies my fitbit doesn't register all my steps so I get ripped off. I have to try and remember to hold only 1 hand on the cart handle. I know the things we do to make sure we get all of our steps in. LOL

View attachment 378116

Having to carry to phone with me all the darn time drove me nuts! I used to get upset when I realized I walked away from the computer desk to anywhere else in the house but left my phone at the desk. :rolleyes:

Where do you live that you have to walk 3 KM to get to the bus?? You must freeze during the winter.

So I am just checking in.................yesterday it was awful trying to maneuver the forest trails,,,I kept worrying about falling so I went to the community centre,,and said
I am out of shape.................................
I can walk about a mile............................
I have arthritis in both feet and knees and a recurring popliteal cyst...........................
I want to walk on the indoor track at my own pace,,,,
OK they said.............................
So for $45.00 I got the winter season Indoor Track Pass.
Today I was prepared with my phone...son added the step app and Spotify for music and gave me earbuds,,,
I have to do 9 laps around the track to = one KM.

My total steps for this morning at work and then the track **** 8074,,,not to shabby.:dogdance:

Now tomorrow I am going shopping to see if a better pair of running shoes help with the pain.

Hugs
Mel

That's great! A better pair of shoes might help. I ended up getting 2 new pairs in November (one for outdoors, one for the treadmill) and it has really helped me.

Hey, which treadmill did you get? Please update on how you like it. I'd love to have one in our basement so I can watch TV and walk but I can't see spending the money this year. My husband spent $500+ on an bike that doesn't get used much... (sigh)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter