The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

I love these kinds of traditions :) So simple, but such perfect moments!! Plus, can't ever let go of "The Pooper" LOL
I'm a dog with a bone and let go of nothing, so poor Casey will have to endure the pooper forever

I love the picture of Casey with the Castle behind her! It literally looks like an empty park, I don't see anyone in the background even. Great pictures all the way around!
Thanks! We took these on the walkway over by Sleepy Hollow. So while its a side view there is no way anyone can get behind you

Tipsy Flowers & Gassed Gardens

For those that have joined in on our dining adventures before I have a tradition of a little something I like to call tipsy notes. Usually at least once on a trip I manage to overserve myself just a wee bit and the notes I take on my phone are a little hard to discern. I don’t read my notes until I write each installment, so I never quite know when we’re gonna get one. I was beginning to think I was a responsible adult this whole trip and didn’t have any, but then I uncovered this little gem. Not my best work, but I’ll keep practicing :drinking1

After our very quiet meal in the Wilderness Jason and I enjoyed some “beverages de adults pool” side while Casey enjoyed the actual pool.

No picture or details on what we had, but apparently an id was required.

Eventually we “walk Epcot” and jumped in on all the Flower and Garden goodness.

Up first the very fancy France Pavilion where…

“Binions and beer but just a plane donut France no donuts not wanted bignet J like beer but me flat” (aka this was supposed to be a French beignet but it was a very American donut and the beer was flat)

Next up was the La Isla Fresca otherwise known as the “Frisco Boot”. Here my notes are very clear on what we ate “STEVE SHRIMMP STEVE SHRIMP SOUR BEER EXCELLENT”

I was clearly very excited to be eating the shrimp dish made famous by the hubby of the incomparable @CruellaNY and a previous trip where I think he ate this like 5 times. Somehow this has become a thing in our house and it even has its own theme sung to the Waynes World tune, so getting to have it in person clearly needed ALL CAPS.

From there we journeyed to our motherland aka “Merica”

Where we had “beer fly good but no double” Pretty sure we had the beer flight but didn’t like the double? For eats we not only snapped the greatest food pic known to man but…

“like sausage kick and mustard but budin 90 rice” I’m sure no other explanation is needed.

Crossing all the tipsy continents next stop was Africa where I do remember we had our favorite item of the festival. “Pineapple though tahini bit tajin salty old bay real wired but works casey face”

So this is just pineapple with tajin on it which seems like an odd combo but it tasted like sweet and salty old bay and was really good. We’ve actually taken to eating pineapple at home like this. Well maybe not all of us as someone was not a fan.

As we sauntered around the world we came across “UP Bridge” Not sure why I felt the need to document this cinematic wonder but you’re welcome.

Our last booth of the evening was the aptly named “No Meat Booth” (which I’ve since learned was actually the Trowel and Trellis Both, though clearly No Meat is the far superior name).

Here we had “ipa n short rib j no believe not meet huge don’t feel meet but flav good and spice love pickels veggies bit bok too bighard eat” AKA this didn’t have the consistency of meat but good spicy flavor and we liked the pickled veggies but the bok choy was hard to eat. Keep reading and you too can become a tipsy notes certified translator :rotfl:

After our exciting adventures I very coherently noted we did “Neno, Soarin, ship”

Before "walk dolphin" Well some of us walked.

Up next, Round 2

Last edited:
Long time lurker....:wave2: LOVE your tipsy notes installment! My daughter got that pineapple as well and wouldn't share it with us. I'd imagine it's not a taste that everyone loves though.

Here we had “ipa n short rib j no believe not meet huge don’t feel meet but flav good and spice love pickels veggies bit bok too bighard eat” AKA this didn’t have the consistency of meat but good spicy flavor and we liked the pickled veggies but the bok choy was hard to eat. Keep reading and you too can become a tipsy notes certified translator :rotfl:
This is a little bit like trying to decipher the early writings of a Kindergarten student. :) LOVE the tipsy notes updates!!!

Where we had “beer fly good but no double” Pretty sure we had the beer flight but didn’t like the double?
Those beer flights in American Pavillion have done me in before!

For eats we not only snapped the greatest food pic known to man but…
Thanks for the good laugh from that pic! 🤣

Crossing all the tipsy continents next stop was Africa where I do remember we had our favorite item of the festival. “Pineapple though tahini bit tajin salty old bay real wired but works casey face”
If they can offer this Pineapple, why don't they bring back the chocolate covered Pineapple at AK! It was the greatest thing!

Great update!

It is nice to see the return of the tipsy notes. They are always fun to read. :)

We had the French beignet at the booth in France and it was a lovely donut. It would be nice to find out what a real beignet tastes like. :)

The No meat dish from Trowel and Trellis is the most unappetizing looking dish of the evening.

Last edited:
Your tipsy notes are hilarious!! It's a wonder you remembered to take notes at all lol...I don't think I would in that state!! :)) The pineapple looks delish even if a bit odd!!

Jisht popped in to shay how mush I’ve luuuved the update, shlossshhed or otherwise! Hic! I miss my Flower & Garden goodness, but I can’t see us getting back to the US and WDW for the next few years or so. :sad: So, I’m still living vicariously through your wonderful foodie adventures. Always lived the offerings from La Isla Fresca, Florida Fresh and the buzzing home of honeyed stuff along the rose garden path. Your selections do bring back the good memories. Mmmm. Yummy shrimp! Okay, now I’m hungry. Off to find something I can eat in a Disney mug, flask, bowl etc.

OMG CASEY MET A FOOD SHE DIDN'T LIKE!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1: :rotfl2::rotfl:Well I ain't even trying that one cos if the lass who ate a cricket (or was it a grasshopper) makes that face, well I'm not going to doubt her judgement! Thanks Casey for saving me a world of pain and tahini pineapple!
Love me some tipsy notes! Even funnier when you're 3/4 way through dry January and haven't caved and wandered up the road to the golf club bar or down the road to any one of a number of bars/restaurants (hold on while i shine my halo :littleangel:)). But hey never mind the notes - I mean that food picture is sooo artistic (you know the one I mean) :thumbsup2

For those that have joined in on our dining adventures before I have a tradition of a little something I like to call tipsy notes. Usually at least once on a trip I manage to overserve myself just a wee bit and the notes I take on my phone are a little hard to discern. I don’t read my notes until I write each installment, so I never quite know when we’re gonna get one. I was beginning to think I was a responsible adult this whole trip and didn’t have any, but then I uncovered this little gem. Not my best work, but I’ll keep practicing :drinking1
You know I'm here for all the tipsy notes!
Next up was the La Isla Fresca otherwise known as the “Frisco Boot”. Here my notes are very clear on what we ate “STEVE SHRIMMP STEVE SHRIMP SOUR BEER EXCELLENT”
It will always be "Steve Shrimp". Bill will have to take one for the team and try it in March. This girl does not eat bugs, lol.
So this is just pineapple with tajin on it which seems like an odd combo but it tasted like sweet and salty old bay and was really good. We’ve actually taken to eating pineapple at home like this. Well maybe not all of us as someone was not a fan.
Casey's face is hilarious!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
After our exciting adventures I very coherently noted we did “Neno, Soarin, ship”
Nemo, Soarin' and Spaceship Earth!

Just getting caught up. When we get back I most look in to trying Topolino's for dinner .Every review I have seen has raved about the place.
Love the tipsy notes. Scarry thing is I could understand most of them with out the recap.

This instagram worthy photo aside, the salmon burger itself was cooked well but the goat cheese overwhelmed the salmon and the apple chutney was way too sweet. It sounded really good but these flavor profiles just didn’t work. Thankfully the rings of onion were fabulous, but of course you really can’t go wrong with fried anything.
I love Salmon but with Goat Cheese ( which I also love) just sounded like a NO to me. And if they want to add a Chutney maybe Mango or Pineapple would go better. I have Salmon filet at restaurants with them and it worked well.

I was beginning to think I was a responsible adult this whole trip and didn’t have any
And I was beginning to think -->:scared1: but thrilled to hear you recovered from that potential misstep!

“STEVE SHRIMMP STEVE SHRIMP SOUR BEER EXCELLENT”
I knew immediately who must have been in your company that day :rotfl:

For eats we not only snapped the greatest food pic known to man but…
Truly epic.

I’m sure no other explanation is needed.
Exactly.

which I’ve since learned was actually the Trowel and Trellis Both, though clearly No Meat is the far superior name
It really boggles my mind why they don't consult with you before naming things. They really are missing out on some fantastic marketing opportunities.

Great day at Epcot! It's not a proper TR until you bust out your tipsy notes. ;)

SciFi Dine In Theater

Why this man who was a professional chef for 20+ years loves this place is beyond me.

Umm, because he has good taste maybe?

After lunch we didn’t stick around long because the park was a mess. At one point Rise, Runaway Railway, Slinky Dog, and Rock N Roller Coaster were all down simultaneously

Yikes :sad2:

And who were we meeting? My fabulous sister wife (@Jenny Sanders) and one half of the the YouTube sensation Jen and Joe on The Go.

Aw :love: Great pic of you all!

We hung out on the gorgeous Topolinos terrace for some pictures before dinner.

Beautiful :lovestruc

But the piece de resistance of the appetizers was their house made Ricotta.

Yummmmmm, that looks amazing!

In case it wasn’t evident this meal was start to finish perfection. Beautiful restaurant. Amazing food. Phenomenal service.

I don't even want to admit to you how many times I've cancelled Topolino's for both breakfast and dinner. But I am definitely going to make it happen on our next trip!

Casey was thrilled to get a little shopping in.

Thankfully this didn't come home with us.

Phew! :rotfl2:

I was beginning to think I was a responsible adult this whole trip and didn’t have any, but then I uncovered this little gem. Not my best work, but I’ll keep practicing :drinking1

It's wouldn't be a kastoney trip report without them!

Up first the very fancy France Pavilion where…

“Binions and beer but just a plane donut France no donuts not wanted bignet J like beer but me flat” (aka this was supposed to be a French beignet but it was a very American donut and the beer was flat)

Clearly! :rotfl2:

Man these are just the best...

“STEVE SHRIMMP STEVE SHRIMP SOUR BEER EXCELLENT”
I love it!

Well maybe not all of us as someone was not a fan.
For some strange reason I think Gwen might actually like this... It is bad that, that was one of your favorite things from the festival, that isn't that crazy.

Keep reading and you too can become a tipsy notes certified translator :rotfl:
I was just thinking that! I actually knew what you were going for...

I just want you to know you're my hero! :) My absolute favorite drink at Disney World that I never would have known to order without your reviews is the Annapurna Zing at Nomad Lounge. I tried for the first time in Dec '19 and craved every since. I'm currently working on figuring out my dining plans for my early summer girls trip with my mom (82) and daughter(15). Your reviews help so much! Thank you for posting these reviews.

Long time lurker....:wave2: LOVE your tipsy notes installment! My daughter got that pineapple as well and wouldn't share it with us. I'd imagine it's not a taste that everyone loves though.
Welcome to the light :earboy2: Really do appreciate you reading. You missed out if you didn't get to taste the pineapple. It was so simple, but so oddly good (unless you are Casey of course). It's the only way I'll eat pineapple now

This is a little bit like trying to decipher the early writings of a Kindergarten student. :) LOVE the tipsy notes updates!!!
:rotfl2: Maybe tipsy me should join your class and you can teach me a thing or too

Those beer flights in American Pavillion have done me in before!
I usually don't love a flight because something is inevitably bad but these were all really good you couldn't help but drink them all.

If they can offer this Pineapple, why don't they bring back the chocolate covered Pineapple at AK! It was the greatest thing!
I've heard such good things about this and sadly never tried it. Will have to be on the look out for it to come back so I can.

It is nice to see the return of the tipsy notes. They are always fun to read. :)
Thanks. It's even funner to drink :drinking1

We had the French beignet at the booth in France and it was a lovely donut. It would be nice to find out what a real beignet tastes like. :)
Wouldn't it??? I had zero clue we were ordering a donut. If I were France I'd be launching an official complaint to Epcot

Your tipsy notes are hilarious!! It's a wonder you remembered to take notes at all lol...I don't think I would in that state!! :)) The pineapple looks delish even if a bit odd!!
I think part of the reason they come out so badly is because I don't remember to take them. So at the end of the night I'm rushing to remember and quickly typing out some notes and the tipsiness combined with the haste = tipsy notes :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter