The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

I ordered the Halibut with Wild Alaskan Halibut with Purple Hasselback Potatoes, :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

HAHAHAHAHA....

Can I just tell you that I read this part...." ....Spring Vegetable Succotash, Bacon, Ramps and Corn Nectar..." to be that it had BACON RUMPS....
and I was like...."what are BACON RUMPS? I don't know but I bet they're tasty"!!..

gracious......I mean, bacon butt would basically have to be delicious dont you think??

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

And got our Ma Eywa on.
IMG_2556.jpeg
Absolutely love these pics!! So glad you got to spend some time with your brother on this day :)

I have to confess, as some others have already, that we still have yet to make it to Nomad Lounge!! So embarrassing to admit when I know so many people who absolutely love it. Hopefully we can rectify that in December!!!

These always sound good to me. We are doing tiffins on our next trip and will need to try these
You definitely should give these a whirl. This batch wasn't the best but its been the only time we haven't loved it in the probably 7 or 8 times we've ordered it.

I have a confession to make (hangs head in shame)- I’ve never been to Nomad’s lounge 😱. I’m not sure I can actually picture where it is it’s been so long since we were at AK. Would definitely go for the Annapurna Zing never mind the bread and ribs which look tasty too. Might even branch out and try thon falafel being the adventurous sort that I am🤣😋
It's ok. We can still be friends. I think they have a support group that you can join though :rotfl:

Love that you got your Ma eywa on and the matching shirts suit you and Jason. Your tiger tail loving husband is a hoot! Class photo🤣
Thanks! We were certainly all excited to be back in AK today. From our clothes to our attitudes we were channeling our inner animals all day.

What a fun AK day!
Nomad Lounge is such a pleasant experience
We love the churros, hope to stop in there again in December!
It really is. Even better hope we can see you there in December :drinking1

The Tiger Tail :rotfl: LOVE your Nomad shirts! Those are so cute! Nomad's has to be the best addition to the parks in recent memory. I am embarrassed to tell you that I still haven't tried the Annapurna Zing. I am hanging my head in shame. Must correct!
It truly has. I really wish Disney would set up more places like it. Nothing like having a drink in such a laid back but beautiful environment and yet being yards away from insanity.

Just because I know you've done the Nomad time I can forgive you for the zing :rotfl: Though I know with the gin its not for everyone. There are so many good drinks on the menu it really is hard to go wrong.

For some bizarre reason I am not getting notifications from your post, so I am WAY behind! Catching up now.... :)
Think that was just your livers way of making sure you don't over indulge :rotfl:

That's what Jack picked. We were shocked how skimpy it was for $27!
It really was. Considering it was 1 shrimp and maybe a tablespoon of crab it cost about $25 more than the ingredients :D

Same for us but we didn't even have a good meal to make up for it. We couldn't get out of there fast enough.
I could have lived with the able since the food was good but the speed of the meal really turned us off. We didn't want to get out of there fast enough but CG had other plans for us

Would love to try this but nut allergies get in the way.:(
Oh I didn't even think of that. Maybe you could get it without the pesto? I'm just allergic to peanuts so I don't even think about nut allergies beyond that.

I tell Ariane all the time that we need to do shots, lol!!!!
We have dinner booked at Toledo, right???
Shots? You are hard core. Last time I did shots it was 2011 and I still remember that :crazy2: Yup I think Toledo is currently the plan, though I know someone who likes to change things around all the time :earboy2:

I love those shirts! Where did you get them?
I ordered them from spreadshirt. There is a guy who makes all kinds of Disney drinking shirts. You can mix and match colors and shirt types. A little pricy but quality was good.
https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop/user/designateddisneydad/
They should give you a free drink for wearing matching Nomad shirts. :)
I know, right? Now that I think of it I'm not sure our server even noticed. He had just been recalled to his "home" restaurant, Hollywood and Vine. Not sure I would be excited to leave Nomad's for there but he sure was.

Glad your Brother was given some free time from "Groomzilla". When did being in a Wedding Party turn into a part time job ?:confused3.
He wasn't even in the wedding party. They only had about 30 people fly in for the wedding and everyone was subjected to the same group mandated fun.

Wow...not the best for sure but I probably would have been like your husband and just let it go. However I also would have chosen not to disrupt my meal to let people in either.
Jason is either passive passive or passive aggressive. I'm either passive aggressive or aggressive aggressive. He balances me well but passive passive guy can drive my aggression instincts crazy

So my husband has become a whiskey/bourbon aficionado of late so he would LOVE this one too!
Mine has been on the whiskey train for a while. I'm finally starting to like it but my wallet prefers the beer :drinking1

I have to totally side with Casey on this one...girl after my own heart.:love:
I knew you would!!!

I STILL make the appetizer I had there for our first visit...the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli...at home often and it's a hit with my family. I would like to return to the CG one day though. Thanks for the awesome review.
You know I have never had that but always hear rave reviews. It had mushrooms in it so I avoided it for years. But I think the latest version is shroom free so I can finally see what all the fuss is about

Can I just tell you that I read this part...." ....Spring Vegetable Succotash, Bacon, Ramps and Corn Nectar..." to be that it had BACON RUMPS....
and I was like...."what are BACON RUMPS? I don't know but I bet they're tasty"!!..
:rotfl: That is hilarious. But as soon as I read this I thought I do want some bacon rumps.I envision its kinda like pork belly with a little more junk in the trunk.

gracious......I mean, bacon butt would basically have to be delicious dont you think??
I can't imagine a world where bacon and butt come together and it isn't anything short of amazing

I have to confess, as some others have already, that we still have yet to make it to Nomad Lounge!! So embarrassing to admit when I know so many people who absolutely love it. Hopefully we can rectify that in December!!!
You have to pop in even for a quick drink and some churros for Jimmy. I clearly have no bias, but its the personification of relaxing in the middle of a them park. No matter how big of an oxymoron that is it just works.

And before I leave my table rant lest I forget our other view of a Piggly Wiggly advertisement.
NICE!! And thank you for posting our friend warming herself in CG with the towel because you know I immediately thought of that! You find the best people :P
And my new fashioned tastes ordered the St. Fresca’s with Patrón Silver Tequila, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Strawberry Simple Syrup, Strawberry Water, Tajín Chile-Lime Seasoning and a Viola Flower.
This sounds good; I like the spice you mention but I am so far from liking sweet drinks now I'm afraid I wouldn't like it? Guess I gotta try it :car:
Jason and I even twinned for our triumphant return to the most perfect of Disney lounges.
I know I saw this before and I do love them! But I also gotta say I'm so not sure who you are anymore!

I somehow missed this party - but I’m joining now!

Time to go read about all the day-drinking and delicious eats you guys had!

Don’t worry this not a report on a 1960’s Charles Bronson World War II flick or a list of fruits and vegetables that contain the most pesticides (which when I googled said WWII flick I found out is apparently a thing). Nope this is my 12th dining report and what better way to celebrate than a dozen days of drinking and dining in Disney.

Most families go to Disney World for the parks and the rides but if you’ve read any of my previous dining reports you know that for our family food is the real magic.
View attachment 592069
Well maybe we have a wee bit o fun in the parks too, but what we are gonna eat and drink is the cornerstone of our Disney days. So rather than tell you what our favorite rides are or which character we love best, I thought we’d kick off this dirty dozen report with our favorite Disney eats.

So hi I’m Kari. I like pina colada’s, getting caught in the rain, Nomad’s Lounge, and all the Disney drinks.
View attachment 592070
My favorite restaurant is Jiko (though if it doesn’t open back up soon Topolino’s is ready to unseat it). My favorite Disney bar is Nomad Lounge and my fav drink is anything on their menu (with the Annapurna Zing usually out tipping the rest of the competition). I’ve never met a snack I didn’t like, but I’m salty gal so a Mickey Pretzel is probably my favorite. And did I mention Nomad Lounge?
View attachment 592071

That handsome man twinning with me is my hubby Jason. He’s not into yoga and thankfully has more than half a brain.
View attachment 592073
Jason’s list of favorites is gonna read a lot like mine with Jiko and Nomad’s topping his list. As far as snacks go this man o’mine loves himself a dole whip but that only barely eclipses his love for anything laden with sugar (or beer).

Last but certainly not least is our fun loving 10 year old, Casey, who is most definitely not into health food or the dunes on the cape. Casey may come in a kid size package, but her palate is better than most adults. She has made it very clear she does not like “kids food” so don’t even think about asking her if she wants a kids menu.
View attachment 592074

After not one, but two stellar meals this trip Casey’s favorite restaurant is Topolino’s. As far as bars go she's not a huge fan but begrudgingly says Oga’s Cantina and their bubbling concoction known as the Carbon Freeze are her fas. And being her father’s daughter she’s a dole whip fiend.
View attachment 592075

So now that you know who we are a few other details. We were in Disney World from 20 June – 1 July staying at The Swan for the first time. Yep a dozen glorious days! We ended the trip with 5 more days visiting our best friends in Savannah which meant - thanks to an unexpected new federal holiday - I was away from work for an even more glorious 18 days. After being essential for most of the pandemic I most definitely needed the break and break we did.
View attachment 592077 View attachment 592076

As far as dining we don’t usually make ADRs and prefer to let our rumbling bellies dictate where we eat, but with limited restaurants and capacity we bit the ADR bullet. Not only was I up at 7 am 60 days in advance, I am even more ashamed to admit that I went into the trip with over 30 reservations! I'll blame it on wanting options but in reality after almost 2 years away I might have been just a tinge obsessed. Good (or bad) news is I’d say only a third of those reservations actually stuck.

So there you have it. Much to the chagrin of my waistline and liver a dozen days of Disney Drinking and Dining are on the horizon. So pour yourself a drink and get ready for the Dirty Dozen. Cheers!
View attachment 592078
Just discovered this trip report and I’m already obsessed! I’m pretty sure you are my spirit animal in terms of food (and pina coladas…but not getting caught in the rain haha!)

I love that you managed to keep it a secret from Casey! She looked so surprised!

Also - Casey is looking so grown up!

That’s disappointing that the Boathouse wasn’t great, but at least the bread helped your hanger! Hopefully the food gets better from here!

And we are back...

Happy Wednesday Everyone! We got back on Monday from our wonderful whirlwind of a long weekend in Disney and I wanted to share a few highlights.

First and foremost we got to stay at our beloved Wilderness Lodge and it was as amazing as we'd remembered.

I can think of no where else where you can be in the middle of the action but feel miles away from everything from at the same time.

We spent copious amounts of time at Geyser Point and enjoying their drinks both at the bar and poolside.

We even got to catch a special midnight preview of the 50th anniversary fireworks show which was an unexpected treat.

Made all the more special while sipping some cocktails courtesy of a birthday gift from my wonderful friend @CruellaNY.

Jason surprised Casey and I with a day in Epcot where we got our Food and Wine on.

I sadly have to say that we may be festivaled out as the food has gotten more and more expensive but the quality is certainly trending in the other direction. We didn't love most of what we had, but the stand-out was the Pig Ear Salad from the Swanky Saucy Swine (say that 3 times fast).

But there were some other clear winners in the food department. We had dinner at Topolinos where we had one of the best Disney desserts we've ever had, the Pumpkin Mousse.

This had so many different flavors and textures you could mix and match to your pumpkin hearts desire.

We also tried brunch at Wine Bar George and it was fantastic. Everything was delicious, but the stand-out was their marscapone french toast.

I don't care for sweet things in the morning so that is really saying something.

And clearly I'm also a big fat liar because I partook of the Dole Whip Frozcato and loved every minute of it.

We also ate at the redesigned Citricos for the first time and all I can say is WOW! From the decor to the service to the food, it was like an entirely different restaurant.

Their hamachi appetizer was my absolute favorite. Fresh hamachi served with a funky sauce of citrus and fish sauce. It's not for everyone but to me it was like being transported to a seaside Vietnamese village.

We also ordered a side of their Truffle Mac and Cheese which I did not know was laden with the dreaded mushrooms. After debating our server that truffles were indeed not mushrooms and they should have warned my poor defenseless palate of its impending fungi-doom, I actually ate it and....

I didn't die. Now I couldn't eat an actual mushroom but the flavor with the truffles and creamy gnocchi disguised as "macaroni" was fantastic.

Casey also won the Citricos Drink Olympics with this perfect Purple Penguin "Zero Proof" Cocktail with pineapple, peach, lavender, lemon, and seltzer.

Seriously this mocktail was one of the best things we drank all week.

Speaking of drinks, we also finally got up to the rooftop bar at the Coke store where Jason was reunited with his beloved Beverly.

Think she may be the only woman he'd leave me for.

And last but not least we got our Boo Bash on. And who were we....

No not, dentists or rabbits or brown nosers as @buzzrelly guessed ( 😘 Kelly) Nope Casey did her old Disney soul proud by styling us all as Country Bears.

I proudly present Teddi Barra, Bubbles, and Henry.

View attachment 606730
View attachment 606731
View attachment 606732
Lots of guests seemed confused by Mae West walking around with Abe Lincoln and an Amish girl, but cast members went wild for it.

So there ya have it. 96 wonderful hours of glorious gluttony in Disney.

Up next, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Love the costumes! Wouldn’t be shocked if we were at the same boo bash but passed each other!
Also, as I’m a huge Mary Poppins fan, I’m gonna have to get that mock fail if it comes with that cup!
so happy to hear Citricos refresh was a hit!

NICE!! And thank you for posting our friend warming herself in CG with the towel because you know I immediately thought of that! You find the best people :P
I like to think that the best people just find me. But apparently only at CG :rotfl:

This sounds good; I like the spice you mention but I am so far from liking sweet drinks now I'm afraid I wouldn't like it? Guess I gotta try it :car:
What???? Say it isn't so. This really wasn't sweet at all. You know I don't like sweet drinks so maybe our palates have finally melded with each other :confused3

I know I saw this before and I do love them! But I also gotta say I'm so not sure who you are anymore!
I know, right? I've even ordered some new ears for Casey already for December and have my eye on some Xmas shirts. For the sake of my wallet this 'new" me better stop

I somehow missed this party - but I’m joining now!

Time to go read about all the day-drinking and delicious eats you guys had!
How dare you be taking care of that precious daughter of yours and not hanging on my every dining report :earboy2: So happy you are here ❤

Just discovered this trip report and I’m already obsessed! I’m pretty sure you are my spirit animal in terms of food (and pina coladas…but not getting caught in the rain haha!)
Thanks for joining along! Pina colada and rain lovers are always welcomed

I love that you managed to keep it a secret from Casey! She looked so surprised!

Also - Casey is looking so grown up!
Enjoy it while you can. I have no idea where ten (almost 11 years) have gone.

Love the costumes! Wouldn’t be shocked if we were at the same boo bash but passed each other!
Also, as I’m a huge Mary Poppins fan, I’m gonna have to get that mock fail if it comes with that cup!
so happy to hear Citricos refresh was a hit!
That is awesome. We were there on September 19th. Love us some Mary Poppins too. Casey was her Halloween a few years ago.

This is My Redemption Table

Dinner tonight was at Morimoto Asia. After a not so great meal here on our last trip and the California Grill debacle still fresh in our minds we contemplated cancelling, but this was Casey’s request and well how do you deny this face.

It looked like our string of bad dining tables was continuing as we were taken to a table literally in front of the entrance to the rest room but thankfully for us it was still dirty. So instead we were whisked upstairs where not only did we have a table with a great view of the restaurant

But we were in our own private room.

Definite upgrade.

To celebrate our redemption table Jason ordered the Morimoto Soba Ale.

He said this was pretty good with a nice malty profile, but for $13 definitely overpriced for a pretty standard beer.

Speaking of overpriced meet the $17 Pocket Full of Summer.

While this was tough on the wallet, it was delicious. Ketel one cucumber and mint vodka, lychee liqueur, watermelon juice, yuzu, simple syrup, and fresh time. This summer breeze made me feel fine….. (feel free to sing along)

And Ms. Casey ordered the Lemonade Green Tea with Kiwi Boba balls.

This was sweet on sweet with a side of sweet and some sweet balls thrown in for good measure. Pure 10 year old heaven.

For appetizers we shared two items. First up we have the Szechwan Wontons with ground pork, chorizo, Chinese sausage, garlic chili oil, and spicy sesame soy sauce.
These were a special for the night and oh my they were delicious. While they weren’t as spicy as I would have expected they had a tremendous depth of sausage and umami flavors. Simultaneously the wrappers were so light they were almost ethereal. My only complaint was there were not enough of them. This was one of the best dumplings I’ve ever had and let me tell ya I’ve thrown down on plenty.

We also ordered the Crispy Popcorn Shrimp Tempura with spicy gochujang aioli.

These too were absolutely delicious and while on the surface pretty similar to something you can get at a lot of restaurants the delicate tempura batter really took them to a new level. They were insanely crispy and the creamy gochujang aioli added both some sweet and heat.

For our entrée we all decided to share the Peking Duck which is a carved house-roasted whole duck, served with steamed flour pancakes, apricot sweet chili, hoisin miso and white rice.

Clearly I’ve already overused the word delicious but I’m gonna do it again. Starting with the duck it had the crispiest skin I’ve ever had and even came with some extra cracklings on the side. Casey is obsessed with crispy chicken skin so fried duck skin was next level. As for the actual duck it was simultaneously crispy and tender and went fantastic with the sweet hoison sauce. I was a little disappointed that these were served with flour tortillas instead of actual pancakes, but if that was my only complaint clearly a winner.

After a previously bad showing we could not have been happier with our dinner. Wonderful drinks, tremendous appetizers, crispy duck, and a great table. We had died and gone to Morimoto heaven.

After dinner we walked around Disney Springs and happened upon one of our favorite Disney live streamers, Cory Meets World, and were on his stream. Not sure if anyone else watches him but he’s very engaging and a lot of fun to watch. Casey of course thought she was now doubly famous between being in my dining reports and on a live stream. And spoiler alert in a few more days she’ll meet even bigger youtube celebrities that rhyme with Hen and Mo on the Ho.

Up next…Watch me whip, watch me snackae

So what was the verdict? Casey thought they were really good but heavy and too big. Jason thought they were tasty but excessive for excessive sake. I'm not a big donut fan, but I was scratching my head with these two as I'm pretty sure big and excessive was exactly the vibe they were going for.

I guess I just don't understand those excessive donuts - give me an old fashioned sugar donut and I'm happy - I don't need cereal and candy and all these crazy flavours...

Except my Dad and Aunt pointed out that unlike old times I didn't cry that I had to share 😭

That's hilarious!

Also - your meal at Jaleo looked fantastic!

How dare you be taking care of that precious daughter of yours and not hanging on my every dining report :earboy2: So happy you are here ❤

Haha - watching her does take a lot of energy, she's a busy little one!

I'm happy to be here <3

Casey was like...4 or 5... when I started reading your reports! And I have no idea where my first 17 months with Jocelyn have gone! It's flown by!

Your meal at Morimoto sounds scrumptious . Thank goodness the tables have turned and you got somewhere decent ( ok fab) to sit and eat. Your drink sounds good but ouch on the price!

Awesome table upgrade!! I can't really understand at any restaurant anywhere why there are even tables anywhere near the bathroom in the first place!

Casey of course thought she was now doubly famous between being in my dining reports and on a live stream. And spoiler alert in a few more days she’ll meet even bigger youtube celebrities that rhyme with Hen and Mo on the Ho.
OOoooh, I wonder who that could be!!

I like to think that the best people just find me. But apparently only at CG :rotfl:

What???? Say it isn't so. This really wasn't sweet at all. You know I don't like sweet drinks so maybe our palates have finally melded with each other :confused3

I know, right? I've even ordered some new ears for Casey already for December and have my eye on some Xmas shirts. For the sake of my wallet this 'new" me better stop

Thanks for joining along! Pina colada and rain lovers are always welcomed

That is awesome. We were there on September 19th. Love us some Mary Poppins too. Casey was her Halloween a few years ago.
View attachment 617278
That is such a great Mary Poppins costume! Love that there are still huge fans of hers everywhere!

Your meal at Morimoto looked amazing. That's one spot that we haven't tried yet....usually make a ressie and then cancel to go back to Boathouse or Homecomin.

Yummy to all of it! Andi requested Morimoto in December so we are going and I am excited. We haven’t been here in awhile!
I love the ribs but all your choices look great and kudos to the table upgrade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter