The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

I had ordered so much crap over such a long period of time she didn't even notice when it came to the house.
Think we were all guilty of ordering too much crap online during the grand lockdown that was 2020. Even my husband got to know the delivery guys, Amazon and Tesco being our top 2, by name and he's a weirdo ( he’s my weirdo mind and I love him) who doesn’t make friends with strangers of either the live or imaginary internet variety :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
When it came time to pack I wrapped each days stuff up separately then hid it in a part of the suitcase that zippered off from the everything else and somehow she didn't notice
Excellent execution of your super secret present planning extravaganza 🎁
🥰 We really were so ecstatic to be there it was almost like a dream
I’m so glad you made it and really hoping your next trip is a go too.

Well you've got a family of tour guides next time you are here ❤
Thank you! ♥
Before we’d left I decided to take a page from the fabulous @StarWarsMomofGirls! playbook and get Casey a gift for every day of the trip. I mostly got her t-shirts and ears but just like my dining reservations may have gone a wee bit overboard. For anyone that knows me this is way out of character as I despise shopping but after such a long time away I wanted everything to be perfect.
Love this! Those ears and Tshirt are adorable!
At about this point Casey complained her jaw was hurting because she was smiling so much. My normal grinch heart grew 10 Disney sizes that day.
Sweetness! Is there anything better than seeing those you love best so happy?
It wasn’t long before our beloved Pooper (aka the People Mover) came a calling and for us that also means a stop at the Lunching Pad.
Pretzels on the People Mover are the best!

So glad I found this! And so sad I missed you by a DAY! I was there until June 19. That makes me sad because, finally, I could have met my spirit animal Casey! Who, BTW, looks so grown up. When the heck did that happen????

So glad I found this! And so sad I missed you by a DAY! I was there until June 19. That makes me sad because, finally, I could have met my spirit animal Casey! Who, BTW, looks so grown up. When the heck did that happen????

I thought the same thing about Casey!

Since I haven't been back here since your holiday birthday, allow me to extend a way belated HAPPY HAPPY! I think Jaleo is a perfect stand-in for Disney as you know I now LOVE Jaleo down there! And yes I would choose your cake over your cousins although I don't usually turn down ANY cake, so.......................
Thank you 🥰 You know I love my National holiday even if it wasn't everything I wanted it to be. But at least I got the better cake

Between the dining reservations, getting up early and this SHOPPING I honestly don't know whose report I'm reading :poop: But I do love giving the kids a gift every day and will probably do that with our DGD's!
I know, right??? So out of character for me. But it had been way too long and I wanted everything to be absolutely perfect.

Great first day so far! I was so super happy when you made it back. Fingers crossed your next planned trip is a go :thumbsup2
It better happen or else I think my travel agent is going to drop me 😬

Think we were all guilty of ordering too much crap online during the grand lockdown that was 2020. Even my husband got to know the delivery guys, Amazon and Tesco being our top 2, by name and he's a weirdo ( he’s my weirdo mind and I love him) who doesn’t make friends with strangers of either the live or imaginary internet variety
Something tells me our husbands would get along very well. Provided we could of course get them to speak to each other :rotfl:

Sweetness! Is there anything better than seeing those you love best so happy?
There really isn't!!!

Pretzels on the People Mover are the best!
Second only to your first Dismeet on the People Mover ❤

I’m so glad I saw this thread today! Love your reviews and look forward to following along!
Thank you so much. Hope you enjoy

Oh man!!!! We so would have loved to have met you. We're hopefully going back later this month in case you happen to find yourself there again :D

Casey is getting way too big way too fast. Thankfully she looks a lot more grown up than she acts, but she is definitely not my baby anymore

I just realized our trips overlapped. I was there 6/27-7/3. I wonder if our paths ever crossed - it's be so cool to say I've seen a dining report celebrity. Not sure when your trip is supposed to be this month but I'll be there 9/11-9/18 so maybe I'll need to keep an eye out for you.

I just realized our trips overlapped. I was there 6/27-7/3. I wonder if our paths ever crossed - it's be so cool to say I've seen a dining report celebrity. Not sure when your trip is supposed to be this month but I'll be there 9/11-9/18 so maybe I'll need to keep an eye out for you.
Oh wow! That would have been awesome. I always like to look at trip reports from the same time I was there and see if I'm in the foreground and had a close encounter. Of course its never happened but I oddly like to look.

We'll be back down the 16th through 20th provided covid cases are in better shape by then. Not planning on much time in the parks except for the boo bash but so looking forward to some R&R and D&D (drinks and dining). Please say hi if you see us. Love meeting fellow DIS'ers and that kid of mine revels in any kind of attention.

Best Day Ever – Part 2

Let’s get some actual dining up in this “dining" report

For lunch on our “Best Day Ever” we’d made (and kept) a lunch reservation at The Plaza. I don’t love Magic Kingdom dining options and generally prefer Skipper Canteen but their menu was really limited so we went with an old favorite.

Pretty sure we skipped any adult beverages because we were not yet Florida acclimated and needed water, but Casey went with the children’s version of alcohol…

A chocolate shake of course.

For entrees Jason ordered the Fried Chicken Sandwich with Pickled Onion, Cabbage, and Spicy Mayonnaise on an Herb Focaccia Bun.

In case you can’t tell this piece of chicken is HUGE and as good as it looked. It had a light batter like you’d find on fish and chips and was moist all the way through. The herbed focaccia went really well with the chicken and Jason’s only complaint was that the chicken was so large the sauce and toppings were a bit lost. The fries were typical Disney quick service variety. Not bad, but not good either.

I was eyeing up what Jason ordered but I have this weird rule where I feel like we have to try different things. So instead of the chicken sandwich Casey and I decided to split the Beef Au Jus with caramelized onions, peppers, & horseradish on a toasted bun with au jus for dipping.

This was quite good as the beef was very tender and the au jus tasted like it had some kind of beer in it which went really well with the beef. I don’t love peppers so I picked those suckers off and once that was done the only slight complaint I had was that it needed more horseradish. Opposite side of the coin Casey thought it had too much horseradish and suggested we order it sans the onions and peppers next time.

Overall this was a solid trip to The Plaza. We were in and out in about 45 minutes, our service was great (shout out to Aura), the comfort food hit the spot, and it was the perfect mid-day break.

After lunch we splashed with Tiana (wait not yet)

Where Casey rode with Jason and told me that Daddy is for riding and I’m for sharing dinner. Not sure how I feel about being relegated to that space.

From there we rumbled with some more thunder, got buzzed in space, circled our way through the last century, visited the creepy children of the world, saw a magical movie with some guy named Phil, and ended the ride portion of the day riding through the misnomer that is neither space nor a mountain.

Somewhere along the way Casey randomly wanted a parasol and what does a guilt ridden mother whose only child has been stuck at home for 15 months in a global pandemic do?

Yep

And boy am I glad I did because without that parasol this couldn’t have happened.
Work it...Work it

Before departing we had one last requirement for our best day ever, any guesses?

I mean if the ears fit…

Random aside I had mobile ordered the dole whip and Sunshine Tree Terrace was packed. I hadn’t gotten a notice that my order was ready yet but jumped in a line anyway hoping it would be by the time I got to the front. The ladies behind me asked if I had gotten my notification yet and when I said no they insisted on going in front of me. Um no. At this point I was promptly called a Karen to which I said no my name was Kari and did I know them. 🙄 Somewhere in the universe karma was shining down on me because whose order was ready in the exact line she was in before she got to the counter. You guessed it…Karen

For our triumphant return to Disney World we could not have scripted a better day. The crowd levels were low, the heat tolerable, and we could pretty much ride everything to our hearts content. We had hit the sweet spot before the July crowds came in and covid raged its ugly head again. This was the least crowded day of the trip and rope drop would get reinstated before we left, but man oh man it felt good to be home.

Up next, best bread ever

Something tells me our husbands would get along very well. Provided we could of course get them to speak to each other :rotfl:
As Fr Jack (not sure if you’ve ever watched Fr Ted) says “DRINK !” :drinking1The only feasible solution 🤣. By the time they’re done they’ll be calling eachother at 3 am to remind eachother how great they are like all best drinking buddies do:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
We'll be back down the 16th through 20th provided covid cases are in better shape by then
Well at least someone is celebrating my birthday (17th) in Disney. So kind of you to do that for me Kari. Your friendship knows no bounds :rotfl::thumbsup2
visited the creepy children of the world,
Apparently people were stuck on this for 90 minutes!:scared1: Wonder if they turned the soundtrack off.
And boy am I glad I did because without that parasol this couldn’t have happened
:worship::love::rotfl:
Somewhere in the universe karma was shining down on me because whose order was ready in the exact line she was in before she got to the counter. You guessed it…Karen
Gotta love karma ( and Karen reference lol). Some people say more than their prayers! They really shouldn’t but gotta love that karma 🤣 Brilliant!
For our triumphant return to Disney World we could not have scripted a better day
man oh man it felt good to be home.
❤❤❤❤

Last edited:
I am not sure how she thought the name Karen applied in this situation, when in fact her behavior fits that moniker. People:rolleyes2

I am glad that chicken sandwich was good and huge. I am planning to try it on my surprise birthday trip with my soon to be 10 year old daughter. That and the plaza fries. I love me some potato! We will actually be there the same weekend as you! :cheer2:

My daughter would love that parasol. Does it work in rain? Does the font hold up?

A girl can't have everything. Had to sacrifice that beautiful scaffolding view for a room with no saw dust or construction debris. The things we do in the name of Disney :rotfl2:
For real! :laughing:

IMG_2953.JPG
OMG your shirt, Kari! I thought Casey's was amazing until I saw yours :rotfl::rotfl::lovestruc

And boy am I glad I did because without that parasol this couldn’t have happened.
Whatever money you spent on the parasol was money well spent :laughing:

Somewhere in the universe karma was shining down on me because whose order was ready in the exact line she was in before she got to the counter. You guessed it…Karen
I love it when karma works in real time.

What a perfect day indeed! So glad you had low crowds especially for your first day. Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Oh, I looove that sandwich at The Plaza, and now I'm really dying for one!! Too bad my countdown is still over 100 days away :sad::charac2:

Where Casey rode with Jason and told me that Daddy is for riding and I’m for sharing dinner. Not sure how I feel about being relegated to that space.
Ouch! That's rough. My brother once told my Mom all he needed her for was putting him on the carousel horses at Kiddieland. She is still devastated about it to this day!

Because only children have the best life (and best parents!!) ever! :) I am in love with that particular design! I don't think I've ever seen it before.....and now I kind of want one for me.

Work it...Work it
Get that man to New Orleans! There is a second line somewhere, calling his name!

I was promptly called a Karen to which I said no my name was Kari and did I know them. 🙄 Somewhere in the universe karma was shining down on me because whose order was ready in the exact line she was in before she got to the counter. You guessed it…Karen
Ewww!! Why are people so gross?! Glad karma was on your side on this one.

OMG what a fabulous day at MK. Those Plaza sandwiches both looked good...but I'd be choosing the steak all by itself (no onions or peppers or even horseradish) and the au jus would make it perfect.

Love the parasol (and the dance too).

Overall this was a solid trip to The Plaza. We were in and out in about 45 minutes, our service was great (shout out to Aura), the comfort food hit the spot, and it was the perfect mid-day break.
Glad to hear that you guys liked the Plaza. I was JUST saying to Andy that it's nothing amazing but is a solid regular meal.

hmmmm... Andy does get offended that the girls used to fight over who got to ride with me and not him. Now they just ride with each other...

Somewhere along the way Casey randomly wanted a parasol and what does a guilt ridden mother whose only child has been stuck at home for 15 months in a global pandemic do?
Gwen always wants one of those as well! And I always say no. But I fear that my no's will be limited when we finally make it back.

Amazing!

Up next, best bread ever
Oh!!! Can't wait!

We had hit the sweet spot before the July crowds came in and covid raged its ugly head again. This was the least crowded day of the trip and rope drop would get reinstated before we left, but man oh man it felt good to be home.
It was nice to get a trip in before the Covid nightmare began. It sounds like you had a great day.

I love your Karen story. :)

Loving your report. The Karen story is classic. Man, I miss Disney. Stuck up here in Canada with no end in sight. Just cancelled November and February. Hoping to make it back October 2022. In the meantime, I’ll live vicariously through your reports.

Last edited:
As Fr Jack (not sure if you’ve ever watched Fr Ted) says “DRINK !” :drinking1The only feasible solution 🤣. By the time they’re done they’ll be calling eachother at 3 am to remind eachother how great they are like all best drinking buddies do:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I have not seen Father Jack but if he says DRINK sounds like Jason's kinda guy.

Well at least someone is celebrating my birthday (17th) in Disney. So kind of you to do that for me Kari. Your friendship knows no bounds :rotfl::thumbsup2
Yes bonds of our Disney and drinking friendship know no bounds so I'll be sure to do it up right that day. Good news front covid in Florida seems to be trending down finally so all the fingers crossed

Apparently people were stuck on this for 90 minutes!:scared1: Wonder if they turned the soundtrack off.
I had not heard that but it sounds absolutely miserable. Not the ride you wanna be stuck on.

I am not sure how she thought the name Karen applied in this situation, when in fact her behavior fits that moniker. People:rolleyes2
I had to laugh at it because it was so absurd. Now I probably should not have gotten in line before I'd got the order ready but I figured I had nothing better to do so why not.

I am glad that chicken sandwich was good and huge. I am planning to try it on my surprise birthday trip with my soon to be 10 year old daughter. That and the plaza fries. I love me some potato! We will actually be there the same weekend as you!
I didn't realize your trip was the same time as ours. Hope you enjoy The Plaza. Any chance you are going to the Boo Bash on the 19th? That is the only park time we have planned

My daughter would love that parasol. Does it work in rain? Does the font hold up?
I couldn't tell ya because she is afraid to take it in the rain so we haven't even tried it yet. They did tell us it had to stay dry for the first 2 hours but guess seems to have extended that timeline to 2 months

OMG your shirt, Kari! I thought Casey's was amazing until I saw yours :rotfl::rotfl::lovestruc
Thanks! Jason got that for me last year for my bday as it seems like the perfect covid sentiment. Sadly it got a bit worn from my purse strap so it probably only has one good wear in it.

What a perfect day indeed! So glad you had low crowds especially for your first day. Can't wait to read more :goodvibes
It was so perfect. Disney Karma was certainly on our side all the way around.

Oh, I looove that sandwich at The Plaza, and now I'm really dying for one!! Too bad my countdown is still over 100 days away :sad::charac2:
It will be Christmas before you know it!

Ouch! That's rough. My brother once told my Mom all he needed her for was putting him on the carousel horses at Kiddieland. She is still devastated about it to this day!
:rotfl: I figure at least if I can play some role I'll take it. After spending the last 18 months together the already tight Casey and Jason are now virtually inseparable. Knew I should have had another kid :earboy2:

Because only children have the best life (and best parents!!) ever! :) I am in love with that particular design! I don't think I've ever seen it before.....and now I kind of want one for me.
My treat if you promise to walk around MK all day like Jason did :D

Ewww!! Why are people so gross?! Glad karma was on your side on this one.
I have no idea. This one was so random. Usually Jason steers me clear of any confrontations (cause not gonna lie I love a good argument) but since he wasn't around I could let my sarcasm fly

OMG what a fabulous day at MK. Those Plaza sandwiches both looked good...but I'd be choosing the steak all by itself (no onions or peppers or even horseradish) and the au jus would make it perfect.
It really would have been good with just the beef and au jus. Certainly hit the spot.

Glad to hear that you guys liked the Plaza. I was JUST saying to Andy that it's nothing amazing but is a solid regular meal.
Solid is definitely the right word for it. I actually prefer Liberty Tree but because they did away with the a la carte menu its back to the Plaza or Skippers for us

hmmmm... Andy does get offended that the girls used to fight over who got to ride with me and not him. Now they just ride with each other...
Must be nice to be the favorite :earboy2: Casey used to only want to ride the things that scared her with me but since nothing scares her anymore (or she won't ride what does) its all Daddy all day. Though she does like to ride by herself sometimestoo

Gwen always wants one of those as well! And I always say no. But I fear that my no's will be limited when we finally make it back.
Your fear should be she is subscribed to my youtube channel so she'll see that Casey got one :rotfl:

It was nice to get a trip in before the Covid nightmare began. It sounds like you had a great day.

I love your Karen story. :)
Thanks Sue! It really was great day and trip. We certainly lucked into the right time to go. Even if we're a bunch of Karen's :rotfl:

Loving your report. The Karen story is classic. Man, I miss Disney. Stuck up here in Canada with no end in sight. Just cancelled November and February. Hoping to make it back October 2022. In the meantime, I’ll live vicariously through your reports.
Oh no!!! So sorry you can't get there but glad I can bring you a little Disney food joy. I thought they had opened the borders back up. Are they closed again?

Solid is definitely the right word for it. I actually prefer Liberty Tree but because they did away with the a la carte menu its back to the Plaza or Skippers for us
I thought the same thing!!! I don't want that thanksgiving meal in Disney unless it is actually Thanksgiving!

Must be nice to be the favorite :earboy2: Casey used to only want to ride the things that scared her with me
That something!

Your fear should be she is subscribed to my youtube channel so she'll see that Casey got one :rotfl:
Oh she saw it already!!!! She said she wanted to get one so Andy could do the same thing....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter