• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

Glazed and Confused

After dinner Jason had but one fathers day request ….Everglazed Donuts.

Everglazed was new since our last trip and the two donut fiends I live with could not wait to try it.

So close, yet so far away.

Since it was later in the evening they were out of several donuts, including the ones Casey and Jason wanted, so we ended up ordering the S’mores Galore (
Chocolate Iced Donut, Marshmallow Fluff, giant Toasted Marshmallow and crushed Graham Crackers) and Chocolate Iced to go.

As we left the shop we were met with a wall of a very strong and specific odor reminiscent of the 1993 classic Matthew McCaughney film Dazed and Confused. If you haven’t seen this little gem you’re welcome for the suggestion. If you have, I likely need not say anything else other than when the munchies set in what better place to be then next to a donut shop 🍀

Jason and Casey somehow waited until we were back in the room to dig into these yeasty concoctions.

So what was the verdict? Casey thought they were really good but heavy and too big. Jason thought they were tasty but excessive for excessive sake. I'm not a big donut fan, but I was scratching my head with these two as I'm pretty sure big and excessive was exactly the vibe they were going for.

Bellies full we unpacked and checked out our Swantastic digs for the next 12 days.

This bed beat anything we’ve ever slept on in Disney, though Casey did not have the same feelings about her sofa bed.

Even better than the bed was the shower that put any other hotel I’ve ever stayed at (and my house) to shame. I could (and maybe did) spend hours in here.

Overall we loved the Swan. Can't beat the location, amenities, and price. If I remember right I think we paid a little over $200 a night plus their resort fee. We’ll definitely be back as The Swan was deluxe resort living at less than moderate prices.

Up next, the best MK day ever...

Last edited:
Finally made my way back here!

We’d managed to keep the trip a surprise and Casey thought we were going to Savannah.
That is awesome! I never thought to surprise the boys when they were younger and now, well, you know :rolleyes1
I’d read about how good these were for years but they sadly did not live up to the hype. The butter sauce on it was legit but the filet was really overcooked (I prefer my beef just barely out of cow).
Ugh that stinks! I've eaten there twice and that's what I had twice and loved them but I do like my filet........cooked 🐂 Not really sure if that's a cow or not but my old eyes are saying yes.
As we left the shop we were met with a wall of a very strong and specific odor reminiscent of the 1993 classic Matthew McCaughney film Dazed and Confused.
🤪 I freakin' LOVE that movie! " Alright alright alright!" I watch it any time it's on TV.

Now I enjoy donuts but the problem is that I enjoy like, 3 or 4 donuts. Eating one donut to me is a tease so I haven't even thought to get over there. Now I think I'm ok not going lol. I did get to try a Gideon's cookie last week and now I know I need to get in that line!

Sorry that they didn't have the donuts they were looking for and that what they got wasn't quite up to the hype. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I think they have some loaded waffle fries there too (kinda a weird menu) that are supposed to be good. A donut I can turn down but potatoes are my love language. :rotfl:

I also love the Swan. The resort fee is a little annoying and "sneaky" but the location, beds, restaurants are all stellar.

Since it was later in the evening they were out of several donuts, including the ones Casey and Jason wanted,
Bummer that they didn't have the ones they wanted. But I guess it makes sense for a donut place to start to run out in the evening. I

so we ended up ordering the S’mores Galore (Chocolate Iced Donut, Marshmallow Fluff, giant Toasted Marshmallow and crushed Graham Crackers) and Chocolate Iced to go.
The Smores one sounds amazing and messy!

Jason thought they were tasty but excessive for excessive sake. I'm not a big donut fan, but I was scratching my head with these two as I'm pretty sure big and excessive was exactly the vibe they were going for.
I think that is they point, no? And that is what makes it fun! t's like that donut in universal... the size of you head is what makes you fun.

Overall we loved the Swan. Can't beat the location, amenities, and price. If I remember right I think we paid a little over $200 a night plus their resort fee. We’ll definitely be back as The Swan was deluxe resort living at less than moderate prices.
You def can't! We really love the Yacht Club before of the location and really all 4 resorts right there are kind of all the same in my book.

Casey thought they were really good but heavy and too big. Jason thought they were tasty but excessive for excessive sake. I'm not a big donut fan, but I was scratching my head with these two as I'm pretty sure big and excessive was exactly the vibe they were going for.
I think that excessive is a perfect description. ;) The chocolate glazed one looks good to me.
Overall we loved the Swan. Can't beat the location, amenities, and price.
It looks like a lovely room. I prefer the showers over the tubs. We may consider staying here someday if Disney doesn't go back to offering big discounts for the deluxe resorts.

I have to agree about Everglazed, I couldn't wait to try one. I got the mounds coconut one, it was so sweet and heavy. I only managed to eat half and I was sick the rest of the day.

We stayed in the Swan in Feb. 19 and LOVED LOVED LOVED the location! the walk right over to HS and Epcot couldnt be beat - and we stayed using SW points, so a "free" stay was the winner with us!

Shame on The Boathouse disappointment....we've eaten there a few times and love it but we haven't ordered anything you guys did - I usually get the coconut shrimp appetizer, sans the coconut since its not a favorite, and then add a side of fries...

it turns into a glorious fried shrimp basket! :love:

Hi , decided to follow along. I can’t think of any better way to get my Disney fix than to join in on your dining adventure!!

That is awesome! I never thought to surprise the boys when they were younger and now, well, you know :rolleyes1
Is it wrong that I want to see you take them to Disney as a "surprise"? Chris will think you are taking him back to the DR for some all inclusive fun and surprise its Disney. He'd love that :P

Ugh that stinks! I've eaten there twice and that's what I had twice and loved them but I do like my filet........cooked 🐂 Not really sure if that's a cow or not but my old eyes are saying yes.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with them except for that whole cooked part they just didn't float my boat. I think for some reason I expected bread and steak to be something more than bread and steak. So completely fair expectations

🤪 I freakin' LOVE that movie! " Alright alright alright!" I watch it any time it's on TV.
When no one else does, I always know you'll get me :D

Now I enjoy donuts but the problem is that I enjoy like, 3 or 4 donuts. Eating one donut to me is a tease so I haven't even thought to get over there. Now I think I'm ok not going lol. I did get to try a Gideon's cookie last week and now I know I need to get in that line!
No chance any human could get 3-4 of these things down. We tried Gideons later in the week and that is definitely much more my style.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I think they have some loaded waffle fries there too (kinda a weird menu) that are supposed to be good. A donut I can turn down but potatoes are my love language. :rotfl:
You and me both Christine. Now don't get me wrong I'll chow down on some sweets but I'll take salty every day of the week. With these insane donuts I can only fathom what they'd put on waffle fries.

I think that is they point, no? And that is what makes it fun! t's like that donut in universal... the size of you head is what makes you fun.
It clearly is the point it was just oddly lost on my usual excessive family. I think they may also have been jaded that they couldn't get the donuts they wanted.

You def can't! We really love the Yacht Club before of the location and really all 4 resorts right there are kind of all the same in my book.
We are staying at the Boardwalk on our next trip and I'm just looking forward to being in the area. Such a great place to be.

It looks like a lovely room. I prefer the showers over the tubs. We may consider staying here someday if Disney doesn't go back to offering big discounts for the deluxe resorts.
Swan is certainly worth a consideration. They have lots of great rates and I certainly see them being a great alternative with the increasing Disney prices and decreasing amenities

I have to agree about Everglazed, I couldn't wait to try one. I got the mounds coconut one, it was so sweet and heavy. I only managed to eat half and I was sick the rest of the day.
Glad to know we aren't alone :D I'm not a great judge cause I don't love a donut but I was shocked my crew weren't big fans. Definitely too much too much

We stayed in the Swan in Feb. 19 and LOVED LOVED LOVED the location! the walk right over to HS and Epcot couldnt be beat - and we stayed using SW points, so a "free" stay was the winner with us!
You really can't beat that location (and the price).. Even better when the price is free and you can stay on points. I'm never loyal enough to any one airline or hotel chain to rack up enough points. I'm too cheap and always just go with whatever is cheapest :P

Shame on The Boathouse disappointment....we've eaten there a few times and love it but we haven't ordered anything you guys did - I usually get the coconut shrimp appetizer, sans the coconut since its not a favorite, and then add a side of fries...
:rotfl2: Had to laugh out loud on this one. I don't think I've ever heard of someone ordering coconut shrimp without the shrimp

Hi , decided to follow along. I can’t think of any better way to get my Disney fix than to join in on your dining adventure!!
EMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So wonderful to hear from you. Hope you all are doing well and staying safe.

I mean, I guess the view is nice, but wouldn't you prefer scaffolding? :confused3:rotfl:
A girl can't have everything. Had to sacrifice that beautiful scaffolding view for a room with no saw dust or construction debris. The things we do in the name of Disney :rotfl2:

I Iove donuts for all the reasons Casey and Jason seem not to :laughing:
Then these are right up the Tracy alley. I was actually shocked they didn't love these. Normally they are so in your camp

Oh man, I am late to the party! Can't wait to get caught up!!
Welcome back. Always great to have you drinking along with me :drinking1

I'm impressed that you kept the trip a secret! I can't keep my mouth shut for more than five minutes. :rotfl:

we were met with a wall of a very strong and specific odor reminiscent of the 1993 classic Matthew McCaughney film Dazed and Confused. If you haven’t seen this little gem you’re welcome for the suggestion. If you have, I likely need not say anything else other than when the munchies set in what better place to be then next to a donut shop

We had that same run-in while walking over to the Dolphin in June. Except these fellows were digging hot dogs on their balcony. :laughing:

Casey thought they were really good but heavy and too big.

As another donut lover, I think Everglazed goes a little overboard on their toppings. But, donuts for dessert on a first Disney night sounds pretty great, regardless.

Even better than the bed was the shower that put any other hotel I’ve ever stayed at (and my house) to shame.

Going off your room view photo, I think Alex and I had a room just a few floors up from you, and I agree that the shower and amenities for the price were great. Hard to believe the Swan costs several hundred less than its neighbor resorts right next door...

I'm so excited to read another one of your reports!

I was so hungry I would have eaten the table cloth so my judgement may have been a bit off but these rolls tasted like pure and utter yeasty heaven.

Those rolls were some of the best I've had at Disney :lovestruc

I’d read about how good these were for years but they sadly did not live up to the hype. The butter sauce on it was legit but the filet was really overcooked

I got those sliders once and they were really chewy :crazy2:

I'm impressed that you kept the trip a secret! I can't keep my mouth shut for more than five minutes. :rotfl:
I'm shocked we did too. I think the only thing that saved us was that we talked about it all the time but said Savannah so Casey was none the wiser.

We had that same run-in while walking over to the Dolphin in June. Except these fellows were digging hot dogs on their balcony. :laughing:
:rotfl2: Well at least they came prepared for the munchies

Going off your room view photo, I think Alex and I had a room just a few floors up from you, and I agree that the shower and amenities for the price were great. Hard to believe the Swan costs several hundred less than its neighbor resorts right next door...
When were you all there?????

Loving your report so far😊
Thank you!

I'm so excited to read another one of your reports!
Thanks for joining along aagain Raeven!

Those rolls were some of the best I've had at Disney :lovestruc
They were pretty dang tasty. I"m a sucker for a good yeast roll.

Happy Sunday Everyone! Hope you'll indulge me with a Disney-ish update.

We were supposed to be in Disney this weekend to celebrate my birthday and attend the boo bash but between covid and ongoing family stuff we postponed until next month. Fingers crossed we can get there but in the meantime we made due with the closest thing DC has to Disney - Jaleo!

For those that haven't been Jaleo is a DC based restaurant that opened an outpost in Disney Spring a few years ago. We haven't been to the Disney Springs one since we've got a few here so I figured what better way to get inject a little Disney into my birthday.

We of course started with some adult beverages. That's a sangria for me and some kinda beer for the hubby.
The sangria was delicious and I instantly regretted not ordering a half a pitcher for myself.

Casey went with a Mexican coke, because more sugar is exactly what a coke needs.

Jaleo is a Spanish tapas style restaurant and to start we went with a few lighter options. First up is the Ensalada de remolacha which a red beet salad with citrus, pistachos and and Valdeón cheese.
Terrible picture but this was excellent and really big. The earthy beets paired perfectly with the citrus vinaigrette, nutty pistachios, and delicious blue cheese.

We also ordered the Endibias con queso de cabra y naranjas which is Endives topped with goat cheese, oranges and almonds.
These were also excellent and very refreshing. Plan on seeing if we can recreate this at home.

Moving into the not so light options next up we have the Patatas bravas which are fried potatoes with spicy tomato sauce and alioli.

Of course one can never go wrong with fried potatoes and these little beauties did not disappoint. The sauce had just the right amount of spice that made otherwise plain potatoes really stand out.

My favorite dish of the day was the Buñuelos de bacalao which is Fried cod and potato fritters with honey alioli.

I cannot even begin to describe how good these little fried fritters were. On the inside the fish and potato was light and airy and not at all fishy. The outside was the most perfect crunch and then when dipped in the honey aioli. WOW!!! I'm sure that sounds like an odd flavor profile but it was truly delicious.

Last up we have the main courses. My choice was the Gambas al ajillo which is shrimp sautéed with garlic.

IMG_2928.jpeg
The shrimp were well cooked and very good just didn't pick up a lot of the sauce flavor for some reason. Speaking of sauce it was phenomenal with tons of garlic and oil that paired much better when soaked up with bread vs. the shrimp.

Jason's choice was the Carne Carne asada con piquill aka Grilled hanger steak with confit piquillo peppers.

The meat was perfectly cooked and it went well with the confit of peppers, which I'm not normally a fan of. It just needed a bit more salt to truly make it delicious.

Overall Jaleo was a great way to get a little Disney in my birthday life. We don't get into DC nearly as much as we should and meals like this really make me wonder why.

After lunch we walked around our beautiful city for a bit which I've gotta say definitely beats Disney Springs.

We had dinner later that night at my Aunt's house where she made some delicious Beef Braciole which I forgot to get a picture of. What I did get a snap of was the amazing lemon and blueberry cake Jason and Casey made for me.

IMG_2945.JPG
I share a birthday with my cousin whose store bought carrot cake failed in comparison to my lemon and blueberry decadence. Growing up it was like we were twins because we lived just 8 houses apart and had joint birthday parties and dinners. We hadn't had one together in a few years so it was like old times. Except my Dad and Aunt pointed out that unlike old times I didn't cry that I had to share 😭

Up next we return to our regular scheduled programming

What a perfect way to spend your birthday! We have a Morimoto restaurant in Philly that we haven't tried but really should.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

I also saw your picture of you and Casey at the Disney Store and I laughed, as I had said to Gwen yesterday we should just go to the Disney Store to go...

Happy Birthday! WOW Jaleo looks wonderfully delicious!
Andi and I have a reservation for the one in DS on our next trip, I am excited to try the potatoes and other goodies!
The cake Jason and Casey made for you looks divine. My two favorite combinations in a dessert, I would be in heaven! Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter