The Diamond Horseshoe in MK--any recent reviews?

ars0525

Chief Cat Herder
My mom really wants to eat here in January for her b-day dinner. party:

I have an AP so we'll get a discount. We have a 6:20 ADR & I believe the fireworks are 8:30pm that night so it should work out well. :wizard: Any recent experiences here? Share away please. I'm not a huge BBQ fan so I am hoping it's not all BBQ on everything?

We ate there on a Xmas Party night I enjoyed it there was 3 meats served on a platter Briskit,Pulled Pork and Grilled Chicken they come around again to see if you need a top up so I went the Briskit and Pork
The only thing I didn’t fancy was the 2 salads for appetisers would rather 1 and some bread rolls or something else
I just doubled checked the menu and it says green salad,potato salad and watermelon salad we good a green salad and beet salad and some corn bread
I tried the night before to get a reservation and also next day and nothing came up so I changed the number to 4 and low and behold a reservation I booked it then modified down to 2 and off we went it is only a small venue with a lot of table configurations and there was about 5 tables for 2 people along the wall

I ate lunch there in September and enjoyed it. Its a quieter restaurant which is nice to get away from crowds

We ate there just a couple of months ago. We found it to be just "okay". For us it was a very average meal (nothing special). There was not BBQ sauce on everything. The one thing that did take away from our enjoyment, was that it was freezing cold in that place. We went in the summer time and we always enjoy getting out of the heat for a bit, but that was the only place that we ate at that we could not wait to finish and get out of that freezing cold dining room. I am not easily bothered by the air conditioning, but this was really cold. We weren't impressed with our meal at all. Maybe we caught them on a bad day.

We ate there in October on our trip. It was awful. The food was mediocre at best with some of it awful. My wife hated the way it was served, the "Family Style". She called it pig slop dining as they just sloped it in a pan and dropped it on your table to get cold. O'Hana's was the same style and she disliked that as well. Service was not good and we left there needing to find something else to eat as it was hard to get refills or any special orders.

I was there this October for a dinner and a lunch. The dinner is a pre-set menu, while you choose your entree at lunch. It was OK, but I wouldn't go there for a special occasion.

The lunch looks interesting. I might try that for my upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter