The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth -- Okay -- dumb question, but why do you take beach towels with you, especially if your space in your bags is so tight? I was waiting for someone else to ask, but hadn't seen a question, so I thought I would ask for your theory on why they're worth the space. Also, when do you leave? Would you like a ride to the airport?

Your towel choices are hotel towels or to rent them at the water park. I found towels for $3 so I figured we'll just bring our own. The space isn't really tight if DH only packs one big suitcase and shares the other big one with DS, which I am pretty sure will work. DS's clothes are taking up less space than I thought they would, so we might end up only checking 4 bags instead of 5. The other option is to check one of the smaller bags and have DH carry on his other bag he carried on last time. That way we would check 5 but they wouldn't all be big so they'd fit in the car.:) We leave at 5 PM on 8/15. You are so sweet to offer to drive us! I appreciate it! We are fine with taking my car and leaving it at the Parking Spot.

Elizabeth, you don't do laundry while there??????
I packed dirty clothes once and told John never again. I always do laundry while we are there.

I don't intend to do laundry. The only way I would is if something got seriously stained or dirty. Otherwise we bring it all home to wash it. I bring detergent, but that's more to make sure I won't need it!;) If I didn't bring it I would be sure to need it.

I hate to ask this when so many of you are going through much worse turmoil than I am. But if there is any pd to spare, please blow some my way for this weekend. Without going into a lot of detail, there is an issue with xh2b that I'm hoping for an outcome in my favor. In the grand scheme of things it really is minor, but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks.

Before bed tonight you say "Rabbit, rabbit" and make a wish. When you wake up in the morning if the first words you say are "Rabbit, rabbit" your wish comes true! I hope things with your XH2B work out OK!:wizard:

Hooray for Lucy's hearing test!!!!!

Elin - I'm loving your TR. The concert sounds incredible! I love the pictures and can't wait to hear more!!

Deb - Thanks for the postcard! It really brightened up my sick boy's day yesterday! He kept it with him in bed all day!

Janet - A friend of mine was one of the singing gondoliers for a couple of years, and he always said it was not worth the price! I haven't been to Vegas (for any amount of time) in years, so I'm not sure what is worthwhile anymore!

Well, things here are much better today. Jacob is feeling better, but still running a low grade fever. I'm hoping that will be gone by this afternoon. Katie and I will be leaving Thursday morning and I will be back by Sunday morning. I'm hoping that this sickness will leave her alone!

Thanks Glynis, I think we will pass on the ride. I will spend the money on something else lol

Glad to hear Jacob is feeling somewhat better. Hope he is back to 100% soon :wizard:

Janet - A friend of mine was one of the singing gondoliers for a couple of years, and he always said it was not worth the price! I haven't been to Vegas (for any amount of time) in years, so I'm not sure what is worthwhile anymore!

Well, things here are much better today. Jacob is feeling better, but still running a low grade fever. I'm hoping that will be gone by this afternoon. Katie and I will be leaving Thursday morning and I will be back by Sunday morning. I'm hoping that this sickness will leave her alone!

Your towel choices are hotel towels or to rent them at the water park. I found towels for $3 so I figured we'll just bring our own. The space isn't really tight if DH only packs one big suitcase and shares the other big one with DS, which I am pretty sure will work. DS's clothes are taking up less space than I thought they would, so we might end up only checking 4 bags instead of 5. The other option is to check one of the smaller bags and have DH carry on his other bag he carried on last time. That way we would check 5 but they wouldn't all be big so they'd fit in the car.:) We leave at 5 PM on 8/15. You are so sweet to offer to drive us! I appreciate it! We are fine with taking my car and leaving it at the Parking Spot.

Gotcha. Beach towels were the first thing to leave behind at home after I had kids. I'd rather use the resort ones and have them clean them then for me to wash them out, plus I use every ounce of space I have plus some for souvenirs! :)

I really have nothing to do the afternoon of the 15th, so call me if you decide you want a free ride!

Tammi, I hope things work out with the ex situation! :wizard: :hug:

Robyn, hooray for Lucy passing her test! :yay:

Glynis, I hope Jacob is completely better soon!

Today went off without a hitch. We got our second perfect survey (one of the only centers within dozens of miles to have any), so I'm very proud of the staff. I'm thrilled, but mostly just that it's over. :rolleyes:

Have a good evening if i don't get back on.

Gotcha. Beach towels were the first thing to leave behind at home after I had kids. I'd rather use the resort ones and have them clean them then for me to wash them out, plus I use every ounce of space I have plus some for souvenirs! :)

I really have nothing to do the afternoon of the 15th, so call me if you decide you want a free ride!

We've never taken towels with us before, but I thought it might be nice to have them for BB & the pool at WL (if we make it down there!) instead of just hotel towels. The majority of our souvenirs are pins, so they don't take up much room!:rotfl: The souvenir duffle is already in the shoe bag. Coming home we'll check 6 bags and carry on the duffle. If we find some huge fabulous thing that won't fit I guess we will sacrifice the $3 towels!:lmao: We haven't ever bought anything really big. T-shirts, CDs, pins, toys. That thumb piano last year wasn't big but it was fragile. Luckily DS hasn't found anything else like that to bring home!

Today went off without a hitch. We got our second perfect survey (one of the only centers within dozens of miles to have any), so I'm very proud of the staff. I'm thrilled, but mostly just that it's over. :rolleyes:

Have a good evening if i don't get back on.

I'm so glad that your survey went perfectly!!! I knew that it would, though. You love your job so much, that it's not possible for things to go badly for you there.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I'm really proud of you for recognizing that you weren't happy in your first job, and taking steps to find something that you do love. That's such a huge thing! Kudos to you for doing that early on, and not suffering through years at a job you would ultimately hate.

Was somebody saying their boys get cold sores? I can't remember if it was cold sores or ulcers inside their mouths. I am pretty sure DS has a cold sore in the corner of his mouth. I told DH to put some Abreva on him when they get home, but has anybody found anything better?:confused3

Jennifer - I am glad things went well!:thumbsup2 Congrats!

Sea World is on the Travel Channel right now, then AK, DCL, and Undiscovered WDW!:banana:

I took Princess & DS swimming earlier, but now it is getting ready to storm. Princess is alseep and DH just picked up DS, so I have a little break.:) DH found out today that they will NOT take his 3rd store away, so that's good news!:) He does have to go in tomorrow (on his day off) for a staff meeting smack in the middle of the day.:mad: I guess I will pick DS up or DH can bring him to me. We trust him to stay by himself for short periods of time but he doesn't like to.

:furious:I HATE TOUCH OF CLASS, I HATE TOUCH OF CLASS, I HATE TOUCH OF CLASS! i called them yesterday to ask about my attendants schedule which is suppose to change tomorrow from 53 hrs a week to 70 hours a week. i only have one attendant and she is NOT going to do 70 hrs every week. i wouldnt even let her do it if she was willing. well the company hasnt even found me another attendant so the shift can be split. so we are keeping the hours at 53 until they(or I) find someone to fill the 2nd shift. then i asked about when my pt would start and she said well since you are going through insurance first we have nothing to do with it and you'll have to talk to your case manager about it. well i talked to her today and she said that she got the taxi voucher signed by my doctor but forgot to get the pt one signed and then i had to sign them then she has to send them to austin to get approved. then if they are approved i can start pt. so i might not get pt till Christmas by whats been going on. i just looked up range of motion exercises online and printed out some and i'll get my attendant to help me do them. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a disney question for you guys. i want to go to disney next year. i want to go in may to see flower/garden show, want to go in september b/c of low crowds and maybe p&p, or october b/c of mnsshp. then i was thinking what about a disney cruise. i was think getting a room only resi for 3 night at akl before cruise so we could relax be for cruise and enjoy resort then do a 4 night cruise. what should i do? what should i do? what should i do?

:furious:I HATE TOUCH OF CLASS, I HATE TOUCH OF CLASS, I HATE TOUCH OF CLASS! i called them yesterday to ask about my attendants schedule which is suppose to change tomorrow from 53 hrs a week to 70 hours a week. i only have one attendant and she is NOT going to do 70 hrs every week. i wouldnt even let her do it if she was willing. well the company hasnt even found me another attendant so the shift can be split. so we are keeping the hours at 53 until they(or I) find someone to fill the 2nd shift. then i asked about when my pt would start and she said well since you are going through insurance first we have nothing to do with it and you'll have to talk to your case manager about it. well i talked to her today and she said that she got the taxi voucher signed by my doctor but forgot to get the pt one signed and then i had to sign them then she has to send them to austin to get approved. then if they are approved i can start pt. so i might not get pt till Christmas by whats been going on. i just looked up range of motion exercises online and printed out some and i'll get my attendant to help me do them. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Karen! I'm so sorry that things are so frustrating right now! Hopefully things will smooth out soon. Way to be on the ball for getting your own range of motion exercises. At least you'll be able to do something while you're waiting.

Lucy passed her hearing test yesterday. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts these past few weeks.

And you all are too kind! Thanks for all the compliments. You sure know how to make me feel wonderful. :goodvibes

I don't know how much I'll be around in the next week. Today is Lucy's 4 week check up and tomorrow we are supposed to go to the Science Center with Dana and her girls and then do dinner. I also need to pack for our trip as we are leaving in the wee hours of Thursday morning.

yeah for Lucy. Have fun at the science center. Have fun on your trip.

I hate to ask this when so many of you are going through much worse turmoil than I am. But if there is any pd to spare, please blow some my way for this weekend. Without going into a lot of detail, there is an issue with xh2b that I'm hoping for an outcome in my favor. In the grand scheme of things it really is minor, but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks.

prayers said.:wizard:

Karen - I am sorry you are having so many obstacles thrown at you!:headache: I hope you are able to find an additional attendant soon, and that you get the PT paperwork done quickly!:wizard:

Have you guys seen Deb's blog on AllEars about the '08 DDP? There will be 2 versions, plus possibly a "wine" add-on. I am trying my darndest to see if the deluxe DDP would be worth $70 per person per day for us and I just can't see where it would make sense. Some days we would save money, other ays we wouldn't. Across the board you have to tip OOP, so I think the DDE will continue to be a much better value for us. Even if we could do 3 TS meals each day the buffets aren't SO expensive that $70 is much of a savings. TS breakfasts with a menu are cheaper than buffets, so doing 3 menu TS wouldn't be any better.:confused3 I like a signature dinner now and then, but not every night, so we wouldn't save money doing it that way, either.

Karen :wizard: :hug: Prayers said

Oh Karen! I'm so sorry that things are so frustrating right now! Hopefully things will smooth out soon. Way to be on the ball for getting your own range of motion exercises. At least you'll be able to do something while you're waiting.

what Glynis said:hug:

Oh I forgot to tell you all..

We get to experience a little Disney magic right here at home. My mom who works at the Naval Academy found out that there is a Disney Character breakfast that they are sponsoring. It is being held on the Academy grounds and she got us tickets. The girls are going to be thrilled!! I can't wait.

o thats great! sound slike it will be fun

and i am SO glad Lucy passed her hearing test!!:banana:

absolutely!! good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter