The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Brother and I are back from the vet. My kitty died today.:sad1: I am so sad. Brother said to me "What are you doing with your eyes?!" He has never seen me cry, because I never cry about anything. But this I can't NOT cry about. I told him I am sad about Amanda. All the way home he kept saying "Are you happy now? Are you happy now?" The vet's office was wonderful. They will call us when they get her remains back.

Now Brother is sitting on my couch watching Dora. He doesn't understand what happened - I just told him Amanda is sick and has to stay with the vet. I told Momboss we were going to the vet's, and she asked me not to tell Brother why we were going. Fair enough. Brother will miss her. He loves to come to my house to "pat 'Manda". Aurora doesn't let him pat her, so he will miss Amanda a lot.:guilty:

I am so sorry, Elizabeth. :hug: :sad1: :hug:

Well, Brother and I are back from the vet. My kitty died today.:sad1: I am so sad. Brother said to me "What are you doing with your eyes?!" He has never seen me cry, because I never cry about anything. But this I can't NOT cry about. I told him I am sad about Amanda. All the way home he kept saying "Are you happy now? Are you happy now?" The vet's office was wonderful. They will call us when they get her remains back.

Now Brother is sitting on my couch watching Dora. He doesn't understand what happened - I just told him Amanda is sick and has to stay with the vet. I told Momboss we were going to the vet's, and she asked me not to tell Brother why we were going. Fair enough. Brother will miss her. He loves to come to my house to "pat 'Manda". Aurora doesn't let him pat her, so he will miss Amanda a lot.:guilty:

I am so sorry, Elizabeth. Nothing about losing a beloved pet is easy. :hug: I will keep your family in my thoughts as you adjust to this. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

When I got to work this morning Momboss said she spoke to Dadboss and he told her his understanding of our agreement is the same as mine - I get Wednesdays off permanently. So if I have to work Mondays and Wednesdays over the summer they owe those mornings back to me the weeks the kids are in camp. Momboss said Dadboss told her he had no idea how she got so confused, but what I was saying about the schedule was correct. So that's nice, and that gives me hope that my vacation will be paid even if I don't work any more days beyond Aug. 10. Dadboss is very fair about business, so I trust him to honor our agreements.

Welcome Back, Lindsay!!!

Elizabeth is having a heck of a time with Momboss and trying to find a new job and she is going to have put one of her kitties down today. :guilty:

Robyn took Molly in yesterday for testing for the reflux. Molly was a trooper and we are hoping the test results are back in soon.

Vicki is crazy busy at work.

We are celebrating all of the weight loss and the fact quite a few DDA'ers have to get new clothes this year!!

We have 2 in Disney right now and a couple more getting ready to go.

Various games and school activities are keeping the DDA moms busy.
Our kids are growing up so fast as shown by the spring pictures we have
seen.

Janet paid her first mortgage payment yesterday and Friday I close on my little house!!

Thanks for the recap, Theresa.

AND YAY FOR A HOUSE!!!!!! Is it one of the townhomes you toured, or is this a completely different one?

Good thoughts to everyone - I thought of many of you over the weekend, as I knew so many trips were coming up. I am so happy for all of you that those trips are finally here! :woohoo:

When I got to work this morning Momboss said she spoke to Dadboss and he told her his understanding of our agreement is the same as mine - I get Wednesdays off permanently. So if I have to work Mondays and Wednesdays over the summer they owe those mornings back to me the weeks the kids are in camp. Momboss said Dadboss told her he had no idea how she got so confused, but what I was saying about the schedule was correct. So that's nice, and that gives me hope that my vacation will be paid even if I don't work any more days beyond Aug. 10. Dadboss is very fair about business, so I trust him to honor our agreements.

sounds like momboss was expecting dadboss to remember it her way. Glad she admitted she was wrong.

I did! Welcome home, Lindsay. :goodvibes

If, when I get to the end of the posts, no one has given you an abridged version of the goings-on, I will try to recap.

Thanks, Elin. :goodvibes

I saw the post about your 100 lb. marker - WOW! That is so awesome!!!!!!

Thanks for the recap, Theresa.

AND YAY FOR A HOUSE!!!!!! Is it one of the townhomes you toured, or is this a completely different one?

Good thoughts to everyone - I thought of many of you over the weekend, as I knew so many trips were coming up. I am so happy for all of you that those trips are finally here! :woohoo:

It's one of the ones we toured...the one we all exhaled like we were home.

Hopefully since we've only seen it once it still feels that way Saturday morning. :rotfl2:

:hug: Elizabeth

I hope you find your perfect job soon.

It's one of the ones we toured...the one we all exhaled like we were home.

Hopefully since we've only seen it once it still feels that way Saturday morning. :rotfl2:

Good for you! :thumbsup2

I do think you just get that "feeling" when you step foot into your future house for the first time. I know Jonathan and I felt that way about ours.

Are they being pains, Elizabeth? Did you hear anything else from the other family with the infant you interviewed with?

Hey Guys

Stephanie just called me to say that she just got 2 Graduation Ears Antenna Toppers.

I am so sorry, Elizabeth. :hug: :sad1: :hug:

I am so sorry, Elizabeth. Nothing about losing a beloved pet is easy. :hug: I will keep your family in my thoughts as you adjust to this. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

:hug: Elizabeth

I hope you find your perfect job soon.

Thank you.:)

Are they being pains, Elizabeth? Did you hear anything else from the other family with the infant you interviewed with?

Well, the story keeps changing with my current job. We had everything all ironed out, but now Momboss keeps having episodes of coming completely unglued about me interviewing and what my schedule will be over the summer. The interview family e-mailed me that after careful consideration they really need someone to start at 8 AM each day, which I can't do. But the truth is they can't afford me. Their job is listed with an agency I am listed with. At first their max salary was blank. Now they have a cap on the salary and it is well below my minimum salary. So that was that! :confused3

Thank you.:)

Well, the story keeps changing with my current job. We had everything all ironed out, but now Momboss keeps having episodes of coming completely unglued about me interviewing and what my schedule will be over the summer. The interview family e-mailed me that after careful consideration they really need someone to start at 8 AM each day, which I can't do. But the truth is they can't afford me. Their job is listed with an agency I am listed with. At first their max salary was blank. Now they have a cap on the salary and it is well below my minimum salary. So that was that! :confused3

Well at least they know they've interviewed the best and what to look for in the rest!!

Good for you! :thumbsup2

I do think you just get that "feeling" when you step foot into your future house for the first time. I know Jonathan and I felt that way about ours.

Lindsay,

I still remember the "feeling" when DH and I walked into our home over 28 years ago. It was brand new and I was going to be able to do it my way.

Well at least they know they've interviewed the best and what to look for in the rest!!

I wish them well! They were a NICE couple, they just can't afford a career nanny with 14 years of experience. I am sure they will find someone, it just might take awhile. The same could be said for me.:rolleyes1

Elizabeth :hug: and thank goodness dad boss is so level headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter