• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/24/10

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 8/24/10

It's The Day AFTER Monday!!

DS18 had his first college classes last night. Seems to be happy. English is not his thing, so I'm not expecting that he suddenly will "get it". But the math IS his thing, he is a math weenie! I don't think they looked at his transcript, and I don't think he did so well on the placement test that he had 1 day to review for, because he said it's stuff he already knows. Hopefully that means a good grade in math!

And incase anyone missed the orientation pic from the college facebook page I posted yesterday, here is my proud mommy moment... again... If you already saw it, please accept my apology and fast forward... :rotfl:
45581_429040759209_61470809209_4693141_5438385_n.jpg

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

Feed Pups

DIS/FB :surfweb:

:laundy:

Swish and Swipe

Market... I have SUCH a craving for hummus! :confused3

Make something for dinner
pack my plate (and some hummus for a snack! :thumbsup2)

Work at 3p

Have a Great Day everyone!!

Deb he does indeed look happy! I hope college turns out to be his "thing". :lmao:Math weenie:lmao:

Anne - glad the doc was able to help you out! May the pain go away!

Today is Tuesday!

DD off to 4H Officers Retreat
Take Little One to dance class
Target run
Grocery Store
Post Office
Pay Bills

Dishes - always
Laundry - always

Dinner - spare ribs - made tacos last night

Everyone have a great Tuesday!

Good morning!! Happy "Not Monday"!! :cool1: We have 7:15 faculty meeting, so I am up early!

Deb--he looks excited! The "math weenie" thing cracked me up!!
TRM--spare ribs sound YUMMY!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Pack lunches
4. Clean dining table
5. DS's stuff together
6. DS up
7. DS to mom's
8. Faculty meeting
9. Work
10. Pick up DS
11. Walk with DS
12. Wash/fold laundry
13. Sandwiches/frozen meal for dinner--we had lasagna last night, need something light!
14. Cook chicken for enchiladas
15. Get another group done for character swap
16. Pick out pictures to order
17. Go to sleep sort of early!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

Today is the last day of work for a week!!!!!:banana:

My day:
Make DH's lunch
DS up and off to school
Walmart
Post office
Work
dinner - ??

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning, All!

Congrats on the DVC Purchase, Lisa! That was an AMAZING deal!

Sending dust to my 3 friends (not on this board) who have cancer diagnoses, and 1 whose marraige is breaking up. I will appreciate prayers on their behalf - mine seem so inadequate.

Today
computer
coffee
eat
gym
pt
post office
library
rest
lunch
computer
scrap - working on moving pages out of collection binder into their proper albums. UGH.
dinner
computer
read
bed

Happy Day, all

morning all

prayers for lindas friends
Deb he looks very happy indeed

same list as yesterday but L's room is almost clean cloths have been sorted and away, laundry is 4 loads closer to being done ( he just left them on his floor ARGH)

off to work

have a great day all

Morning.

Anne- how ya feeling today?
Linda - so sorry for your friends.
Deb- he looks happy!

Dusting for everyone else that needs it!

My list is the same as every other day.

Work
bubba is going to a friends house. So he is thrilled!
Watching my niece's kids. She has to work. So I'll run over
after I get out and get bubba.
Home
dinner

Have a great day!!

It's rainy and icky here...seems like a good day to stay home in my jammies and craft :) Can't decide whether to sew or scrap. We'll see.

I do need to run out at some point and get some ribbon. DH made our countdown calendar for the cruise yesterday and wants some Mickey ribbon of some sort.

Pixie Dust for all those who need it.

Deb, your math weenie is a cutie ;)

Lisa, can't wait to hear about your DVC purchase. I'm thinking at some point I'd like to do that (but not for a few years!).

Anne, are you feeling any better?

Stephanie, you must be soooooooooo excited! You leave on Thursday or Friday?

Johnna, can Morgan come to dinner at your house? She loooooooooooves ribs!

Brooke, 7:15 seems so early! Morgan has to be at school between 7:15 and 7:35 starting next week. I'm so not looking forward to that! Means *I* have to be up and dressed too!

Yay, Bubba doesn't have to go to work! He must be thrilled. Hope today is better than yesterday, Holly!

Everyone have a great day!

He is thrilled. He is going to an agency with the scouts
to deliver backpacks full of stuff for when kids get taken from their
home in the middle of the night and placed somewhere else.
A boy scout made this his eagle project and they ( the cub scouts) are
helping out. Channel 10 is supposed to be there.

And it had better be a better day. I have such a headache right now. Not in the mood for working.

Good morning!

I'm feeling better-thanks for asking...pain is just a dull ache now-took a couple of Advil when I got up and I'm fine. Gonna take it easy today-work on swap groups.

Deb-your DS looks excited, math weinie lol.
Linda-P & PD for your friends.
Stephanie-have fun girl!
Jennifer-have fun today-send some of that rain down south-it's so hot here.
Holly-hope your headache goes away.
PD for everyone that needs it...

Hope everyone has a great day!:)

Love the photo Debbie!!! ;)
PixieDust to all in need!!!

Today:

up
DS9 up, ready, brkft
DD up, ready, brkft (early meeting @ school again)
DS9 on bus
make sure DD has everything packed and ready... College course starts today @ separate campus in town (she has to be there in 10 mins from leaving her campus)
DS14 up, ready brkft
DD to school
DH to drive DS14 to school
small nap

empty dishwasher
make beds
fold load of towels

ck on DIS
get ready

lunch date w/ DH
make brownies to celebrate DD's A on her anatomy test/first college class; DS14's first college credits for computer class (new this year!); DS9's great football practice!
pick up elem kids
homework duty
DD home from XC
football duty me/ DS9
DH to pick up from soccer DS14
dinner
bedtime routine

Sending Prayers and PD to all who need it! Cute first day of school pics Deb!

Happy Tuesday, a bright sunny morning here...but the rain is coming back by the end of the week...............

my list today:

:surfweb:
load of towels:laundy:
empty dishwasher
clean bathrooms
swiffer floors
quick pick up
get food for tonights dinner (didn't get there yesterday)
making Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Pop Century and Cheddar Breakfast Potatoes from Crystal Palace...recipes from our Cooking w/Mickey and the Disney chefs.....our friends are coming over for dinner and then their DD is spending the night, so I will have 2 giggling 10 yo in the house tonight, hope I get some sleep tonight!

Have a great day all!
:flower3:

Linda, fresh PD straight from WDW coming your friends way.
Deb, your son is soo handsome. :)
Nanc, a A is a good start of the school year.
Po3, sorry to hear about your headache.
DB, good to hear you are feeling a bit better, but don't overdo
DiT, see you in two days!!
Jennifer, we did a resale, just something in my blood, hurts to pay full price for anything. Thanks to LindaBabe :hug: who guided me thru the process, I think we got a good deal.

Tuesday's to do list:

DD was up until 4:00 am, yes, you read that right. Guess being in WDW has her slightly overstimulated.
Sent DH and MomE off to Epcot for lunch at Morocco. DH has already said he better see some belly dancers. Right about now I think they are going to be wishing they were back at the resort with me and Sleeping Beauty, it is pouring buckets :scared1:
Stop at the resort gift shop to pick up Splash Mountain photo from yesterday. It is hysterically, we were all screaming looking Goofy.
Once Sleeping Beauty awakes, she and I will head over to Epcot to join the group, and eat.

Have a great day, everyone.

Aww Lisa, rain at the Happiest Place is a bummer.but if your brave enough I'm sure the lines arent bad. ;)

Lots to do today, since I took yesterday off, nothing got done :confused3 but I did get 46 lo's done. and need to print more pics this week. :cool1:

Waiting on coffee,
clean the kitchen
pick up the living room,

do the rest of laundry (only did most important yesterday)
figure out dinner,
trade kiddos back, (traded DD#2 for another 10 yr last night)
Go to redbox, get repo men,

get to bed early work in the am.

Have a great day ladies.

He is thrilled. He is going to an agency with the scouts
to deliver backpacks full of stuff for when kids get taken from their
home in the middle of the night and placed somewhere else.
A boy scout made this his eagle project and they ( the cub scouts) are
helping out. Channel 10 is supposed to be there.

And it had better be a better day. I have such a headache right now. Not in the mood for working.

That sounds like a great project! Can't wait to hear how it went.

We went and bought fabric to make the bag, but we have plenty of time, so we decided to make cards instead. Got some red ribbon with white polka dots for the countdown calendar.

I have that frugal New England blood too, Lisa, I never pay full price ;) Sorry to hear it's raining, hope DH got his belly dancer wish!

Rain, rain.. what is that word?? Haven't seen that concept since we left WDW in July...
We have had nada in our area... we are about to dry up around here.. .our poor grass is crunchy brown... :( I noticed this morning our trees are already starting to turn.....

Rain, rain.. what is that word?? Haven't seen that concept since we left WDW in July...
We have had nada in our area... we are about to dry up around here.. .our poor grass is crunchy brown... :( I noticed this morning our trees are already starting to turn.....

I can't remember the last time it really rained here (before Saturday night), our grass is sooooo happy now (but already dead!).

Jennifer - send your little cutie right over! Mine is away tonight so plenty for Morgan!

OK - have to confess. Dave Ramsey is flippin mad right now in TN. I am sick to my stomach. Been doing the cash only thing. Then there are times when I don't have cash on me but still have cash available just did not get enough out of the bank and into the envelopes. Lazy I know. I use the Discover card and then transfer the money. OK its gotten out of hand. AND I thought I paid the bill early. Come to find out I never sent the payment!!:eek: Yep. huge mistake. This on top of the fact my wonderful DH let me buy a new show horse AND I have a cruise to make a final payment on before Sept 9th.

I am sitting here crying and thinking what a horrible selfish person I am. Sick to my stomach I am. And its nothing earth shattering on there. stupid stuff. Starbucks and gas and McDs and haircuts and crap.

OK gonna pull up my big girl panties and shred my Discover card and hope I can get the budget back on track. Thanks for listening.

It happens TRM... take this and learn from it!!! :) Jump back into the saddle and get things back to the way you had them! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter