• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/24/09

thanks girls! i thought it was just me.

Hizz-ell no! You were out of the apartment by July 31st. They owe you a refund for at least August and September. Where she wasn't in the apartment for May and June (and I assume the a/c wasn't on), they should refund you that too. But, I'd let it go if you got the other 2 months.

Are mom's accounts still open? You can just write "For Deposit Only" on the back and deposit it into one of her accounts. If you are on the accounts, you should be able to just sign your name though.

I won't forget!!! and no need for a giftie! We'll just hang out when I get back.

That sounds like fun (but I'll still send you a little something something!)! Thank you again!

Ok, I am just beyond po'd right now.. I know accidents happen...but how the heck do you NOT double, triple check your orders if you are a photo development company!!!!

I ordered some photos of my 2008 trip from winkflash.. I get my order today.... I open it up, my name on the outer envelope.... much to my shock.. It's of a young couple's wedding! I am so mad.. more mad because she ordered these photos and now she doesn't have them... I have put the package back together to send to winkflash w/ a note inside to PROMPTLY send them to her..she has the right to have them w/o any more delay... Than I sent them an email out about the situation and the fact that I am more upset that they are not checking their work... Now, my photos are who knows where.. I asked them to reprint, ship to me, and credit my account... If they even attempt to bill me a 2nd time there is gonna be some problems.. I'm just so disappointed... :( I guess there goes scrapping AK this month... it'll have to go back to September.... I'm just so stinkin' mad right now..

Go gettem Nancy. I hate incompentence. I also hate waiting, they should reprint and ovenight by 9am for their mess up. Poor girl whose wedding it was hopefully she's on her honeymoon and it was a family member printing for her.

I'm late to the party, but I agree with everyone else Holly! No way they should keep that deposit for time that you did not have posession of the appt. Also, I would thee him that the person you have been dealing with is very unprofessional. Her lack of compassion was terrible, and to speak to you that way on the phone was rude. I bet she never asked at all.

As for the check, I deposited checks made out to my mother in her estate acct, and signed her name, for deposit only, my name with EXC at the end. didn't have any problems.

thanks ladies. i did deposit into her cking account with for deposit only. it's just so........something. i can't find the word right now. he never called me back. i guess i'll have to keep calling him. :confused3
the squeeky wheel...i guess.

Nan that happened to me with the pics before. but it was pre digital. i never did get those pics back. they went lost in space i guess. why oh why can't anyone do their job anymore??? i mean really?

Christy- did you get the call on the job??

Ok, I'm late, too!! Holly--I'm glad you were able to get the check deposited, but it would TICK me off to no end that he never called me back!!! Go get 'em, girl!!

Nan--same to you! I can't believe that about the pictures! That stinks.. .both for you and that girl!!

Holly, thanks for the kind words about DS's card!! I thought of you today--he wore his new Red Sox tee. It appears that I'm going to have to break down and get myself one so we can all 3 wear them in Disney. Oh dear. Although I have watched a TON of Red Sox games this year, and no Yankees ones!!

i'm on it brooke! pm what size and i'll pick it up this week!

Holly
Thanks for asking, not yet. I'll know by wed. I'm in a delima though one of the references I put down just lost her sister in law today I'm wondering if I should call her in the am and give her a different name or is that being pushy?

I would die for this job and the next to nights are going to be killers it doesn't help I'm so not a patient person.

i'll be keeping you in my thoughts Christy.
i too, and not a patient person. so i feel your pain.
i don't think i'd call. i'd leave it alone.

good luck ***fingers crossed***

bubba is in my bed watching wonder pets, so i think i'm going to climb in and enjoy it with him!

this is serious!---->have any of you ever seen this show. i love it when the say that. dh says i say it just like them!

Jennifer thanks for keeping them crossed.

Holly You better have crawled in with Bubba by now. and thanks for the advice, I'll leave it be. and thanks for keeping them crossed as soon as I hear I'll let you girls know. I'm hoping for positive.

wonder pets are good for a day you just don't want to think hard about anything and just enjoy life.... although lately when little guy (my kdg. I watch).... it knocks me out to naptime! LOL

Ok, I am just beyond po'd right now.. I know accidents happen...but how the heck do you NOT double, triple check your orders if you are a photo development company!!!!

I ordered some photos of my 2008 trip from winkflash.. I get my order today.... I open it up, my name on the outer envelope.... much to my shock.. It's of a young couple's wedding! I am so mad.. more mad because she ordered these photos and now she doesn't have them... I have put the package back together to send to winkflash w/ a note inside to PROMPTLY send them to her..she has the right to have them w/o any more delay... Than I sent them an email out about the situation and the fact that I am more upset that they are not checking their work... Now, my photos are who knows where.. I asked them to reprint, ship to me, and credit my account... If they even attempt to bill me a 2nd time there is gonna be some problems.. I'm just so disappointed... :( I guess there goes scrapping AK this month... it'll have to go back to September.... I'm just so stinkin' mad right now..

Can I just say that you are the coolest chickie in the world!! Someone else would have pitched the pictures in the trash, then raised cain. You instead are insisting that they get to the rightful owner.
Very cool indeed!

All of the SDV girls--have a BLAST!!! Tell Mickey hello!!

Lisa/Buffy--DAISY bag??? I think I may need to know what this is!!!

Buffy and Lisa- i too would like to see that daisy bag! is it on the cm website.
and Lisa only one more day to work! good for you!
when are you guys leaving?

CM is introducing a new bag line Sept 1st. It will be black & white daisy pattern on the outside and trimmed with hot pink and black on the inside. No more small items getting "lost" against dark black. There will be a wheel bag, a project bag, a project tote, a caddy :lovestruc:lovestruc, a smaller accessory container bag, and a luggage tag. You will be able to see it online September 1, however if you have a facebook account, look up my full name, I have a picture posted there.

can i please vent for a minute......

so i rec'd my mom's security deposit in the mail and the check is made payable to .......HER! ok folks. duh. can't really sign it. sigh. and i have called about her air conditioner. where she lived she had to pay $25.00 extra in rent for june, july, august and september. so when i handed the keys in on july 31st, i asked about getting a refund on that $. not that i need it, but on principal. she said she would ask the manager of the building. ok. this is the same lady that asked for my moms new address and phone #! duh!
so fast forward to last week. i called to see if they have issued the check, because my mail has been all wonky due to construction on the street. she said they had & i should have it any day. i again asked about the a/c. she said "ya, i talked to him and he said no. k? by" and hung up!are ya kiddin' me? that's how you talk to people? so today i'm going through her stuff and putting stuff away in rubbermaid bins until i decide what i want and don't want to part with and i found the paper that spells it out. the whole a/c deal. so i just placed a call with the director of the building. the head honcho. i know his name from where i work and he signed the bottom of her security deposit check. do you think i'm wrong?? should i let it go?? i mean technically, she did not live there after may 10th. but i can see them keeping june and july's because i did not hand the keys in until july 31st. but i really think they should refund aug and sept. i mean all of her stuff was out and clean before then. right? like i said, it's the principal of it. and maybe if that lady was not a jerk to me the day i did hand the keys in, i could let it go.
please, someone tell me what you think.

I agree, you should definitely get Aug and Sept expense refunded back.

nancy that is just horrible. I hope the company has it fixed soon.

CM is introducing a new bag line Sept 1st. It will be black & white daisy pattern on the outside and trimmed with hot pink and black on the inside. No more small items getting "lost" against dark black. There will be a wheel bag, a project bag, a project tote, a caddy :lovestruc:lovestruc, a smaller accessory container bag, and a luggage tag. You will be able to see it online September 1, however if you have a facebook account, look up my full name, I have a picture posted there.

Uh-oh!!! I'm definitely going to have to check it out on FB!! I love anything Daisy patterned, and then hot pink??? WOW!! Sounds like a birthday present calling my name!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter