• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/21/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

Flylady links:
Declutter plan http://www.flylady.net/pages/focus_feb.asp
Flightplan http://flylady.com/pages/FlightPlan.asp
Beginner Baby Steps: http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingL..._Babysteps.asp
Yahoo Group (reminders sent all day): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlyLad...?yguid=9999373

This month's Habit is: One load of laundry each day :laundy:

~The Daily Grind~ 8/21/09

It's Friday! :dance3::banana::dance3:

My List for Today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p

365 pic

Finish packing for beach...

not-tagged-smiley-10774.gif
Drive to the beach... bout 1 hr 45 min on a good day...

Hope that Hurricane Bill doesn't ruin my weekend!!!

See y'all on Sunday!

Have a Great Day and a GREAT Weekend! :teeth:

YESSSSSSS!! It's FRIDAY!!!!! Woohoo!!! And our Disney trip (DS's 1st trip is 6 WEEKS from today!!! It's getting closer!)

Deb, that pink car smilie is now my FAVORITE!!! And have a marvelous time at the beach!!

Ok, yesterday, I felt yucky, and it showed in everything I did (I hate days like that). So, DH finally said, "Just go on to bed, honey, and I'll take care of DS". I didn't even argue (a testament to the yucky I was feeling). So, I went to bed at 8:10!!!!! :scared1: I feel better today, so it's off to face the day!! I won't get all of this done today, but some of it's for the weekend!

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Pack my lunch b/c I didn't do it last night

4. Take last load out of dryer
5. DS up
6. Take DS to Mom's
7. Work--really, really want to get my list done today

8. Cards to work
9. Pick up DS10. Bring DS's stuff from week home
11. Fold laundry
12. Wash 3 loads
13. Gather stuff for cabin tomorrow night
14. Maybe to shopping with DH & DS
15. Watch weather to see how much more rain we're going to get!!
16. Clean our bathroom
17. Dust our bedroom
18. Start on resort swap
19. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Mornin'!
Have fun at the beach, Debbie!!!
Brooke, hope you feel better today!!! Poor thing! I got mail yesterday, I love it!!! My nephew is such a keeper!!! I always put his most recent photo on the fridge.. DH looked at last night and said "he looks more like you everyday, are you sure your and his mom aren't sisters?"...

Today:
up
lunches made
beds made x 2
ds8 up, dressed, bkft, teeth
straighten family room, dining room, kitchen
bus
older kids up
empty dishwasher
bring up scrapping supplies

older kids on bus
sort thru photos DH picked up yesterday (think I need to order 2 more for the statues around the Partners statue for layout ; got to find them on my discs, I know I took them).
upload photos (2 I'm missing and others ~ will order another 100 while Walgreens sale is on)
Scrapbook w/ friend starting @ 9am
pick up kdg kid @ 10:30am
scrapbook a while longer
lunch
grocery store

elem homework
ms homework
pick up DD from XC practice

make sure all uniforms are still where I placed them yesterday for events this weekend
dinner
bedtime routines
pack DD a healthy snack bag for meet tomorrow morning
verify scheduling w/ DH since DS8 has to be back @ for his game 45 minutes earlier.. I want to see PJ race since I didn't get to see her race on Tuesday... PHOTOS
charge camera battery

Good Morning- Glad you are feeling better today SIOH! Enjoy the beach Debbie:)

today:
take dogs for grooming
get things ready for tag renewal
work on swaps
t-shirts for SDV

Rebecca

Hope you have a fun time at the beach Debbie! It's a bleh sort of day here.

SIOH - Glad you're feeling better, I hate days like that.

My day:
Up
Give presents to sister

Help sister get ready for her 9-5 videogame party. :rolleyes:
Get ready for work

Work 10-6 I'm here now - is it time to go home yet?
Dinner, cake, whatever is left over from the party
Bed.... probably early

Mornin!

Deb- have fun at the beach! I wish Texas beaches were prettier.
SIOH- glad you are feeling better!

Meet the teacher was fun last night. Her teacher is very young, but she looks like fun. Her school is beautiful- it is opening for the first time this fall and it is state of the art. Really cool. I think overall DD feels better about school. The other little girl she met at the meet n greet picnic last week is in the class next to hers and their classrooms connect. So hopefully they will see each other quite a bit.

AND, can I just say that I LOVE my new camera. I finally got to test it out last night and I'm in love. It is super fast and shoots when I want it to, not when it feels like it. Which is what the old camera did.

coffee
coffee
wash hair
straighten hair
make bed
swish and swipe
shine the sink
dressed
kids dressed
laundry
work on DD's room
work on my room
read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince with DD (yeah! we made it to book 6 yesterday!)
dinner

Morning!

It's our last day of summer vacation.....school starts on Monday.

I need to:
Run sweeper
clean upstairs bathroom
mop kitchen
DH take boys for haircuts
all go to grocery store
find my coffee table--it's been buried
sort school supplies and get backpacks ready for Monday

That's enough, I want to go back to bed!

Steph

I'm at work, but I'm meeting my family for lunch at Olive Garden today! Unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks! Yipppeee!!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Stay away from Hurricane Bill!

We're back from the beach!

It was great - we are very spoiled to be invited every year. The house is *right* on the beach, you look out the living room window and there is the ocean:lovestruc We are all "glowing" a little. We figured out one of the bottles of sunscreen was old *ouch*. At least most of it was used on me ;)

We leave Sunday early morning for Canada so today we are running errands. Babysitter is coming for few hours so Dh and I can a least run the errands together (looks like this will be our only quality time together for awhile:laughing:)

Have a great day everyone!

Rhonda

well today hasn't gone like i planned

Dh woke me to hurry up it's gonna rain gotta get in the load of wood
then I realized levi had open house from 9-12 dropped him off
home to wood mom to pick up levi
lunch
unload wood finished just before the bottom dropped out
now i'm sitting here running on battery cause it's thundering and lightening all around us. (unplugged it from the printers too.)
Left to do and want to do none of it.
laundry fold and dry then fold last load
fight headache
find something for dinner (I rather take a nap)
fight headache
check on animals in pastures
hope storm blows over before bedtime

The weather report is saying 2-5" of rain over the next day or so I bet just in the last hour we've had an 1 1/2.

Stay dry new england.
Everyone else have a great weekend

Good luck Christy..
Those storms rolled thru out state a few days ago...than they petered right out around our county...we got next to nothin'.. :(

Is it wrong of me to hope for storms? DH's friend is having a party tomorrow. OMG, yawn, it's so freakin' boring! On the good side, I'll just spend most of the time with Morgan at the neighbor's pool, so I guess that's not so bad. If it rains, we'll be stuck inside...So, never mind, maybe it better not rain!

Deb, have fun at the beach and be careful of riptides from Hurricane Bill.

SIOH, glad you are feeling better.

Ash, I am so glad DD is feeling better about her new school.

My to do list:

Up early
Treat poison ivy
Unload dishwasher
Hang up clothes on the line
work
Caffeinate
Go to the dr before Nurse Buffy hunts me down. We should just give her a script tab, she knew I needed a steriod pack, don't know why I needed to go to the dr for it.:confused3 Turns out it isn't poison ivy but either poison oak or sumac. So I am now on the steriod pack, get ready for the she beast to emerge and me all zoomed out.:scared1:
Meeting at the house with DD's new teacher. She is really is nice but firm which DD needs.
Dinner
Find O rings that I bought last week at Staples for SDV. Not sure where I put it.:confused3
Watched Top Chef and Top Chef Masters
Watch finale of Whale Wars.

Strorms were NASTY lighten hitting as thunder is crashing.
we've got 6" ruts in the driveway, I actually think 1/2 my stone is now in CT since the brook under the driveway goes to the white river and that flows in to the conn river.
Our library flooded again we got the call that it was abt. 6-12" below the glass on the door. I'm in it up to my underwear and the fireman in full uniform pulls in ( along with the highway crew) to help and hands me the hose:scared1: couldn't believe it, still can't. thank god the door has an awesome seal and only abt an inch got in. I've got to upload the pics so the town manager can see the mess then I'll post one Hopefully the kid got one besides my butt.

OMG! I'm so sorry Christy.. I guess it was all hands on deck to help with that.... So sorry to hear about the driveway too.... We had rain here but no storms.. we left the HS game early due to the rain.

Wow - that does sound really bad. :( At least only an inch got in though, you can be thankful of that.

I had to cancel my trip to Provincetown today because of the giant swells that were being reported, which is probably a good thing... but it looks like a gorgeous day out now...... so now I'm torn, because it's supposed to get bad later.

Christy that is just awful! growing up we lived at the bottom of a big hill at the dead end so our basement would always flood!

Lisa- i hope you are reading this. maybe i'll send it pm as well.
I know EXACTLY what you need for that awful stuff. my mom had it so bad that she went to the dr one time and they gave her steroids and it did not work. i was talking about it at work and was given the BEST cure for that.

KOSHER SALT. yup. you take a bath in put the salt in the water. drys it up in a jiffy. you get it at the grocery store. mom did it and it dried it up like nothing. it worked awesome. since then i have passed this on to others and they always come back and tell me how good it worked. HOPEFULLY it will work for you as well.

Oh it was BAD. Some of the worst I've seen in years. the thunder shook the house! Tom will spend the day trying to fix the driveway although we're scheduled to get more this pm. I'll be scrapping and he'll be dealing with the floods and driveway mess.

Holly thanks for the kosher salt tip Levi get sumac and i get ivy BAD at least once a year. We're at the top of the hill so we don't flood (could always slide off) thank god.

So sorry to hear about the flooding and storm problems, I remember a bad storm in CT when I was little that washed away a lot of my grandparents driveway and we had to get up at 3 in the morning to put enough back to be able to drive home to NYC for school and dad's work since it was a Sunday night that the storm came in.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter