• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/2/10

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 8/2/10

Welcome to Monday again! So, where did that weekend go? :confused3

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

DIS/FB :surfweb:

Water plants

Swish and Swipe

Work at 3p

Dinner- leftover sompthin...

Have a Great Day everyone!!

Good morning! WOW that weekend flew by, but it was a good one!! Back to work now!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Wipe down baseboards from ant stuff (ants--YUCK!)
4. Shower & Get ready
5. Empty dishwasher
6. Pack lunches
7. DS's stuff together
8. DS up
9. DS to mom's

10. Work
11. Tan?--nope, too hot!
12. Pick up DS
13. Clean my bathroom & DH's bathroom
14. DH--mow
15. Wally--pic frame & shower giftie
16. Work on birthday thank yous
17. Finish France altered letter for Epcot swap

18. Walk with DS
19. Sandwiches for dinner

20. Go to sleep sort of early!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Good Morning, Everyone!

Dusting Baby Blythe :cutie:

Good morning! WOW that weekend flew by, but it was a good one!! Back to work now!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Wipe down baseboards from ant stuff (ants--YUCK!)
4. Shower & Get ready
5. Empty dishwasher
6. Pack lunches
7. DS's stuff together
8. DS up
9. DS to mom's
10. Work
11. Tan?
12. Pick up DS
13. Clean my bathroom & DH's bathroom
14. DH--mow
15. Wally--pic frame & shower giftie
16. Work on birthday thank yous
17. Finish France altered letter for Epcot swap
18. Walk with DS
19. Sandwiches for dinner
20. Go to sleep sort of early!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Good GRIEF, Charlie Brown! Will you get all that done???

Quiet day here - sun's not up yet and it was deep dark at 5 am so I guess summer is winding down.

Coffee & Computer
Gym & pool
breakfast
call the last 5 people on my petition list
call the other people who are getting signatures
work on slope repair
lunch
nap?
computer time
prepare chicken salad for supper
supper
stamp or surf or work on album prep for crop in two weeks
bed.

Happy Day, all!

morning all

ugh monday again

Glad to hear you had a good birthday weekend Brooke the IL's well :confused3

I have to
get myself moving!
wake up tom and E
L decided to run away this weekend so he hiked the mile through the woods to my parents. I'm glad the attitude is gone and the house is much healthier but it doesn't slove anything. I hate him bering gone, I feel like the most horrible parent just ............................... All advice will be accepted.

after work
prep dinner crock pot ribs or chicken
start pulling stuff to pack for maine for a few days and clean the house for the farm sitters don't want them to think we live in the barn. They always leave the house cleaner than they found it and I hate that I must not have had it clean enough.
other than that crash early

please hope tom catches the mouse that has traveled home in the camper I'm NOT impressed I have to bleach the whole thing again.

Dust for Blythe and alll the others that need it.

Have a great day all

Morning everyone.
First day back to the real world. UGH.
Bubba - camp.
Me- work.
Call car insurance. I mailed car and home the day we left and it's lost in the mail. The agent left me a message. Where's my payment.
Go to post office and pick up mail.
Supper? Who knows.
Laundry. Good grief.
Have dh put suitcases in the attic.
Figure out what's what for back to school supplies and clothes. :(
order backpack.
What's what for gabfest. What am I bringing?

Ok that's enough. I need to ease back into my real life. I'm missing my wdw real bad today.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh and call the dr. I put my prescription in my suitcase and my pills turned into powder. :confused3

Oh and Christy- I'm sorry things are hard for you and L right now. I wish I had the words to say. Hang in there. It's a tough age. What's Tom say about it? Hugs to all of you. I wish I could help.

Workin' today. Week 2 of GS camp. Morgan will have a great time, but not admit it.

Sorry about L, Christy. No advice, other than to keep loving him!

Good day to all!

I can't believe it is Monday already :confused3 And only 36 more days until school starts. I think some back to school shopping might happen this week. It's going to be hot and muggy so I'm hoping to stay in the house A LOT!

take DS15 to conditioning
water plants
water flowers
tidy living room

vaccum main floor
clean kitchen
Mt. :laundy: last load in
work on quilt
library
call AT&T
check out phones for boys

Can you believe it? Out boys are 14 and 15 and never had cell phones. We are such horrilbe parents. Thinking about getting rid of the land line and getting them phones. Will be about $30 cheaper a month.

Have a great day everyone. :hippie:

PD for Blythe.
:hug: Christy-hope things get better with L

Monday...sigh

DS14 to practice at 7:15 am
House is trashed after our crazy wknd-need to clean
Pick DS up
School shopping?
Work on swaps
DS8 to practice
Dinner
Bed early

Only 1 more week till school starts-where did the summer go?

Have a great day everyone! :)

Monday, Monday!

Hugs, Christy.... The summer is so tough for some kids - routine changes, not as much structure, boredom (but they'd never admit it!) -- and those lovely teen/pre-teen hormones. :eek: Maybe the break (running away to your grandparents!!! - gotta love that, though, in some way) will help everyone take a breath. Maybe a "men only tag team" of Tom and grandfather(s) can help him over this hump? Good luck, sweetie!

Hope AYM and Rebecca have a great meet-up!

Today:
90th-b-day party details
vision appt - following up on that floater/condition doc thought he saw a couple of months ago - yuk...
didn't get to work on the tie-dye shirts over the weekend - try to get to that today.
Dinner - pasta or steak/cheese calzone. Whatever isn't on for tonight will be tomorrow...

I'm on repaitman watch. Seems DH made an appt for "me" this morning for the yearly maint of the heating/cooling system. Wasn't that nice of him?

Trying to figure out how to repay his extreme kindness...

I'm on repaitman watch. Seems DH made an appt for "me" this morning for the yearly maint of the heating/cooling system. Wasn't that nice of him?

Trying to figure out how to repay his extreme kindness...

:laughing: - I'm sure you will think of something - let us know what you come up with:goodvibes...

oh I don't want to do anything!!! Where is that temper tantrum smilie???

Ok must do's

DS9 to soccer
get DS9 from soccer
grocery list
grocery store
buy 12 foam squares
make 3 floral arrangements (first of 12)
etch 5 votives (first of 72)
finish Celebrate page
organize ABC swap kits
dishes
clean kitchen
laundry
clean living room
cut grass

Things are going very slow this morning. Yesterday's morning headache lasted all day, so I have yesterday's list and today's list to do. Car is in the shop they need to replace some major part of the steering @ $1,000:scared1:! I hate when that happends...

Up - breakfast - coffee
Breakfast for the bean (Max is at camp - Sarah is done with hers)
Unload/load dishwasher
Clean up in kitchen
Dust first floor
Shower
Dr. Appt.
Grocery list and Menu planning
Figure out dinner
Email to Meg
Email to Dsis
Email to Melissa
Clean front stairwells with DD
Organize scraproom :-)laughing:)

Have a great day everyone...

Rhonda

I had a major headache yesterday but luckily went a way.... hope it stays gone!
Today has been a busy one...

up and ready
DD to Xc practice @ 6:45am
DD home to go to orthodontia appt @ 7:20
755 orthodontia appt.
home

:laundy:
apply for PT job @ school (keep fingers crossed 4-hours a day)interview Friday @ 10:30am
lunch
work on M- Morocco

photo of all altered letters
bag/tag last altered letter
find mailers for sketch swap and Epcot (label to mail)
dinner menu
grocery list
DS14 to soccer practice @ 4pm
type up movie basket info (DH to drop off because I think the individuals running it have NO clue what they are doing among other issues I have with them)
talk to teacher about paper bag album she wants done for her students (trying to determing number of pages and she hasn't committed yet..she doesn't commit this week then they won't be done)
list for tomorrow ready (this last week before school starts is BUSY!)
DS9 to football practice @ 6pm

*** DD is officially done w/ the orthodontist... She has "graduated".. We only need to call if there are any issues w/ her retainers... .HOWEVER, they did find that her wisdom teeth are big for her age and already have roots...so we are being refered to an oral surgeon to determine if they are gonna have to be removed.... if they come in it could destroy all the work we've put into her mouth already! YEAH! NOT! *** of course she cops an attitude w/ me because I should have known.. Really, how would I know that your wisdom teeth were gonna cause problems.... I mean I have 3 of mine as the 4th one never developed and mine are fine....but not all people can have their wisdom teeth.... it's just the way the ball bounces...but it's my fault.. ok, I evidently am the worst parent ever... where's my crown???

Repairman gone. AC is working better than ever...he is my new best friend!!

I've been thinking about a good appt for DH as a thank you for wasting my morning. Hmmmm.... maybe he should take the mamo appt for me :idea:

Lasagna is in the oven... No one liked the chicken the other night, so it's now hiding in tomato sauce and noodles under a layer of cheese... who doesn't like that :confused3

Nan, I have all my wisdom teeth... didn't make me any smarter, but I digress... DS22 had to have his out, and they are saying DS18 might have to also... I don't think they really know, till they "know" and that's when they start coming in at this age...

Christy, sorry about the problems with L. Good luck with that. Those early teen years are rough. Hang in there.:hug:

Nan, good luck with DD's wisdom teeth. And, good luck on the job!!!!! Lots of pixie dust!!

I'm working 5 days straight this week!!:scared1: I will like the paycheck though!:goodvibes Our power went out at 6 a.m. this morning and hadn't come back on by 7:30 when I left for work so I couldn't post (internet doesn't work without power!:confused). I'm now doing laundry and cleaning a bit and then, hopefully, will get a chance to scrap a bit.

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Thank you ladies

I called up there on the way to work and he agreed to come home this pm so he's here. he's in his room E is in his. conversation went something like this
me so are you coming home today
him yeah i guess
me can you tell me what this solved
him nothing
me can you tell me how were going to make this work
him ummmmm i don't know

so I'm still on round 1 but I'm thinking this is my own fault. they've had basically NO structure. I've created this monster now I need to rein it back in. I've come up with a list of "rules and regulations" it's not going to be pretty around here in a bit.

Holly glad you had fun in the world getting back to real life stinks!!
Rhonda I've got that car repair bill but mine's exhuast so I'm ignoring it.
Deb glad he fixed everything boo hiss to having hubby schedule it though.

Can someone please send the rain away Tom and our friends are going through the rubble from their house fire and it's really the last thing they need right now. They did manage to salvage a few of the photo albums this am to take to a restorer and she and I found a bunch of pottery that was in the kitchen. She liked the idea of making a mosiac table top from it. we also found a bit of china that was in the basement and the ax heads and the WWII gun (barrel) that was a family thing. They were just getting into the corner where the silver might be. and 1 of the chimes from a grandfather clock.

Can someone please send the rain away Tom and our friends are going through the rubble from their house fire and it's really the last thing they need right now. They did manage to salvage a few of the photo albums this am to take to a restorer and she and I found a bunch of pottery that was in the kitchen. She liked the idea of making a mosiac table top from it. we also found a bit of china that was in the basement and the ax heads and the WWII gun (barrel) that was a family thing. They were just getting into the corner where the silver might be. and 1 of the chimes from a grandfather clock.

How sad for this family. :sad1: :hug:

Good luck with L, Christie. At least he has a safe place to go.

My Monday to do list:

woke with a horrid headache
Feed cats
Got DD up and ready for school
work
back home to pick up Blackberry
caffeinate
reschedule WDW meal ressies
early to bed

thanks Lisa. It was a LONG emotional day for them. But they are making plans to rebuild. I can honestly say that I've NEVER seen anything like it. there is less than a foot of ash in the basement, all the metal (stove, washer,, dryer ect) and the chimney. then the metal stuff that was in the garage. the granite counter just crumbles when you pick up a piece of it.... they did find the fire safe with some cds in it the fire dept said VERY few of those survive. ya know when you see fires there's normally a shell, even the cheif who was up today said they have had next to none of this devestation in this town............................

sorry I'm rambling it is just so hard to comprehend. I'm wishing the wind would blow tonight and knock the chimney over so it would be safer to work there.

L is home being difficult and I can't WAIT for school to start. Right now he and I may not be going to maine. this behavior can not be "rewarded" with a fun fishing vacation.
Hope the headache went away I hate waking with them. Do they think there is any realation to them and the sleep apnea?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter