• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/12/10

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 8/12/10

It's The Day Before Friday!! :banana:

I'm Off today!

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

Feed Pups

DIS/FB :surfweb:

Store for baby shower foods... I'm making the meatball sammies
Mikes for pink food coloring

Make sample oreo truffles from the Bakerella site... if any good, make more for the shower

Dinner- :confused3

Have a Great Day everyone!!

It is Groundhog Day...again...with the lists and errands!

My "to do" lists have now evolved to grouped (by day) sticky notes (each with one task) on various kitchen cabinets. DH actually moaned when he saw the upcoming Saturday and Sunday ones. Too bad!

Thursday = 16 different post-its. Let's see how we do...:rolleyes1
Ham for dinner.

Have a great day, everyone!

morning all

up way to early hand was asleep and killing so I crawled out of bed to find the brace.

dust for all that need it

Pam that's a lot of stickey's

need to do.....
get L to last practice
work (yuck I need a break still)
home to finish unpacking= laundry
upload pics from weekend
take videos and put on dvd.
find something for dinner

have a great day all

Good morning! Woohooo for Thursday--my favorite day of the week!!

Deb--can't wait to hear about the Oreo truffles! Are they like the ones at Cape May at Beach Club?
Pam--good luck with the stickies! I like that plan!!
Christy--hope you get a break soon!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Empty dishwasher
4. Finish packing lunches
5. DS's stuff together
6. DS up
7. DS to mom's
8. Work--need to make some major progress today!
9. Leave at 11:30
10. Pick up DS
11. Lunch for both of us
12. Nap
13. Dr appt for DS--well check up for 2 years old
14. Home Depot for paint
15. Fold laundry
16. Grilled chicken for dinner
17. Go to sleep sort of early!!

I hope everyone has an awesome Thursday!!

I'm working again all day today. My little parttime job has suddenly turned into fulltime!:scared1: I didn't expect the long weeks until closer to Christmas. And speaking of Christmas, we started putting out Christmas stuff at Michaels yesterday!! We've got all the ribbon out and started putting out the crafty stuff which I guess people need if they start their Christmas crafts now or make stuff to sell at craft shows. At least we haven't put up the trees and ornaments yet!:thumbsup2

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mornin'...
We are starting the day off great! Got up w/ alarm... DH usually wakes me after he is done in the morning.... but he is out of town...

DS9 up, ready
dishes done
beds made (mine & DS9)

dust living room
DS9 bus

get pages kitted for today (just a few as I know we will chat)
get older kids up

older kids' beds made
clean bathroom
older kids out the door
small nap from 830-930

get ready
go to friends to scrapbook from 1030-noonish
pick up kidlets @ 2pm
homework duty
snacks
DD home (college class hasn't started yet)
DD to pick up DS14 from school
DD back to XC practices
DS14 homework

DS14 to practice
DS9 to practice
dinner
bedtime routine
bag/tag/sign the last of the sketch swap
put inside mailer/ready to mail on Saturday as scheduled

It's Thursday! I've *got* to get to the grocery store. My sister is away again, so we have use of the pool if we want. I'd like to get some swap stuff done and I really should vac and do some laundry.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Good Morning...

Pam - love the sticky idea...If there is anything I can help with let me know. Oh and I do have the magnet Xyron thingy if you need it.

Jennifer - Sarah was in bed early and I don't expect to see her anytime soon. They had such a great time:goodvibes

Randy is telecommuting today so I may get to run some errands by myself.

Need to find some colourful shade loving plants that will look nice in October (any ideas anyone?) for the yard. We are having Randy's mom's services here October 9th and I want the back yard looking nice. Usually I plant some annuals but didn't this year. Don't know if I will be able to find any impatients this late in the season - so off to the nursery for me today.

Laundry
Clean kitchen
Make up Camping Menu
Dinner ?
Shopping for Pants
Play with Happy Hauntings with the Bean

Have a great day everyone...

Rhonda

Been a crazy one around here, a babysit kid came to the house this morning with an infestation in her hair....I immediately called her dad to come pick her up and have been stripping beds and cleaning like a mad woman for the past 2 hours. Didn't see anything on the boys thank goodness, but I have to make sure there's none in the house. Ah-the joys of having an in-home daycare!:headache: Sorry-needed to vent a little...

Good Morning!

Today:
get new picture hung in living room
work on swaps
water aerobics
bible study
dinner- porkchops
put scrap stuff into scrap area from family room

Rebecca

Oh no DB!!! That is awful... I'm so sorry you are dealing w/ that.. Did you tell her Dad what he had to do immediately????

Can I join!?

So far I have done:

Unloaded dishwasher
Run to the store

Now at work:
Doing work stuff :surfweb:

Lunch Time:
Running to my parents' house to say hi

Back to work:
More work stuff :surfweb:

Dinner:
Making Tempeh Stir Fry

Tonight:
DFIL is fixing my computer, so we'll be over there for a little while. I'm starting up a home business so I'll probably be focusing on that.

AND I LOVE FLYLADY. I tell you what, she has helped me keep my house in order and stress free. FINALLY. :laundy: :banana:

OK, DH keeps talking about a tempurpedic mattress. This is an ongoing conversation, so I'm thinking he is serious. Anyone have one? Like it?

Hi SDSorority! Glad you found us! :)

OK, the oreo truffles are SO RICH!! But they say you are what you eat, so I had 2 :rotfl2:

Recipe is from bakerella and is easy peasy! I'll post it later. But I'm not getting the candy melts to "melt" like I want. I got a melting pot, but I think I like the way it comes out of the microwave better...sigh...

Welcome SDSorority:cheer2:

Deb - I bought everything to make those oreo truffles this past xmas but then lost the wind from my sails and the kids ate all of the oreos...now I want to try them again:goodvibes

We had a 4 inch thick temperpedic mattress topper. It was quite comfortable but HOT! We finally got rid of it.

Thanks Linda. I've heard that they get hot. I hate to sleep hot!! Reviews say that if you can get past a few weeks, you get used to it, but that some people never do. I'm just worried I'll be one of those that never gets used to "hot"

Oh, no...I'm not a fan of hot. As it is, I sleep in a t-shirt with no covers and DH is wrapped up in a blanket with sweats on. Thanks for the info!

Sigh, did you all know football starts tonight? Isn't it still August?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter