• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/11/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

Flylady links:
Declutter plan http://www.flylady.net/pages/focus_feb.asp
Flightplan http://flylady.com/pages/FlightPlan.asp
Beginner Baby Steps: http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingL..._Babysteps.asp
Yahoo Group (reminders sent all day): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlyLad...?yguid=9999373

This month's Habit is: One load of laundry each day :laundy:

~The Daily Grind~ 8/11/09

It's Tuesday!!!! My DS17 has a senior class field trip to Dorney Park...water park/amusement park. Hope they know what they are getting into...

My List for Today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p

Swish and Swipe

Sewing

:laundy:

Dinner...something with burger...didn't fix it yesterday

Have a Great Day! :teeth:

It's the most wonderful time of the year! My kids are going back to school!!!!! :woohoo:

Today:
up
make DH's lunch
get all kids up (even the older ones who usually sleep an hour later)...but today is tradition day.... CINAMMON ROLLS for our first day of school!
PHOTO OPS of breakfast
PHOTO OPS DS8 backpack, clothes, waiting for bus (our house is the neighborhood stop!), bus arriving/departing
laugh at older kids as they complain about going back
photo ops of my older kids, backpacks, clothes, waiting on bus, bus arriving/departing... this should be a lot of fun!!!!
day off from babysitting as it's a short day for kdg. and his mom is taking him....

SCRAP the day away
pay bills
enjoy the peace and quiet
await kids return home, photo ops of course
homework
fill out any paperwork to return to school
pick up DD from XC practice
DS8 to football practice
dinner
school routine
Wed. schedule (including kdg. pick up @10:30AM)
ck facebook for sister's upload wdg photos....

Can I join? :)

I'm not as interesting as some of you.... but I'll try! :p

To do:
-Wake up at reasonable time (trying to get in the habit of getting up at 7 am... good luck to me)I ended up getting up at 8.... not too bad.
- Daily ritual of checking playing Mafia Wars on Facebook (my guilty pleasure) while waiting for the Dis to take forever to load.
-Alternate between swap stuff and working on my room - I want to try out an svg file that MM2000 sent me for Toppers n' Tags.It's in toppers and tags now, MM!
- Eat dinner at 3:30... ugh, so early.No fridge, so I had easy mac for late lunch and will eat late dinner when I get home from work.
-Go to work at 5. Hopefully will not have a mouse problem tonight like we did last night. Or a guy who tries to seduce his way out of paying a 10$ fine.... yeesh. Didn't work, I might add.

Not to mention: Freak out all day because there are only 2 weeks left until Disney. :woohoo:

See? The life of a teenager is a boring thing...

i'm up!

ds-up,dresses, breakfast, camp
me-work
chiro@3:50
supper??
post office to mail & pick up

ok i know i have a ton of other stuff but here's the basics!

have a great day everyone!

Nan- enjoy your day. take lots of fun pics
ZTH- nice to see you over here! i enjoyed reading your list. stay with us!
Deb-what are you sewing?
TB-enjoy your family today. it must be nice to have them here with you.
MM2000-how's my Morgan today? rash any better? are your Dunkin's open today?
SIOH-how's babycakes today? is he feeling any better?
DIT-how's the cats? have the forgiven you yet??!!

It's Tuesday! Yay for "not-Monday"!! I start schedule changes today--we are on a WAY different schedule at school this year, so my day will mostly be spent explaining why I CAN'T change someone's schedule.

Y'all, please send prayers & pixie dust to my co-worker today. She is the one who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and she's having surgery today.

Deb--wow! Glad it's not me on that trip! :rotfl2:
Nan--Is "Oh Happy Day" playing in your mind today?? ;) Tell the kiddos to have a WONDERFUL first day of school!
ZTH--not at all boring. . .and the story about the guy and the $10 is priceless! Can I just mention that every time I see your posts, I get that song in my head?? Love it!! I love that movie and everything about it!

All righty. . .here we go:

1. Up--got back into the walking last night, and I'm feeling it today!
2. Caffeinate

3. Write a couple of thank-you notes
4. Get stuff together for work
5. DS up
6. Drop DS off at mom's
7. Take different food

8. Work--yesterday was a good day! Trying to make today that, too!
9. Pick up DS
10. Renew medicine at Walmart
11. Start other cards
12. Finish thank you cards
13. FOLD LAUNDRY!!!
14. Wash laundry--2 loads
15. Walk with DS while DH mows
16. Frozen meal for dinner
17. Watch "Cake Boss" from last night!
18. Make packing list for cabin this weekend
19. Clean DH's bathroom, if time
20. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Everyone have an awesome Tuesday!!

Hi Holly!! We posted at the same time! DS is feeling better--thanks for asking! He still is eating a little less than normal, and his rash flares if he gets hot, but he's MUCH better! The dr said it would take 7-10 days for the rash to completely go away. It really makes you count your blessings when they're feeling well!!!

Hi ZTH! Glad to see you!!!!!
Nancy, enjoy your nice quiet day.

My cats are now back to normal and they actually let me sleep through the night!!!! :woohoo: They had been waking me up needing pets. Such spoiled kitties.

My day:
Grocery shopping
Library
Laundry
Take DS to school to meet up with the group going to the ITS leadership conference
Update checkbook/pay bills
Vacuum
Work on swaps

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

To do:
-Wake up at reasonable time (trying to get in the habit of getting up at 7 am... good luck to me)
- Daily ritual of checking playing Mafia Wars on Facebook (my guilty pleasure) while waiting for the Dis to take forever to load.
-Alternate between swap stuff and working on my room - I want to try out an svg file that MM2000 sent me for Toppers n' Tags.
- Eat dinner at 3:30... ugh, so early.
-Go to work at 5. Hopefully will not have a mouse problem tonight like we did last night. Or a guy who tries to seduce his way out of paying a 10$ fine.... yeesh. Didn't work, I might add.

Not to mention: Freak out all day because there are only 2 weeks left until Disney. :woohoo:

What days will you all be at Disney- will you be overlaping with SDV and be able to stop by and see us? August 27/28 is when we all get there for the weekend.

Rebecca

It's Tuesday! Yay, no work for me today! Morgan just got up, her rash looks a bit better, but the eye is making me nervous. I've got to call the doctor and see if I can get her into an allergist. I'm pretty sure it was sunscreen, but who knows?

Today:
Morgan for a hair cut, she's donating to Locks of Love again.
Morgan and I for a mani/pedi she deserves it for her selfless donation of her hair, I just deserve it.
I have to renew my license. Bah, my hair is soooooo gray and my glasses are broken, should be a GREAT picture for five years! I did order glasses yesterday, but they won't be in until Thursday, and I won't pick them up until Friday and my license expires on Monday, so it's either today or Thursday to renew. I hate doing it!
Work on swaps so I can get some stuff mailed! Oh, I need to check on my order from Scrap Your Trip.
Still on a boil order for the water...Not a happy camper!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Morning!

Nancy- I hope both you and the kids enjoy the first day of school.

Today-
pictures of swaps
pack up color swap for mailing (been done for over a week now)
make charts for swaps that have been coming in/need to be sorted
work on putting away things in my swap room
go through pictures and match up with completed pages
work on kitting for SDV
work on figuring out what we need for our table make and takes
dinner- ribs/asparagus/???
walk

Rebecca

Get up
REMEMBER feild trip lunch
Walk to work
Read
WORK (feild trip day)
Buy a envolope to mail back the junk my ex gave me, since I dumped him last night. Nothing but a lier that man
Take out trash (its stinks)
Shower
Watch HElls kitchen
redo farm on facebook (well mabey Im only on level 25... I wanna get to 30)
Dollhouse work (no clue where to start LOL. Its in such need of work but I cant find anyplace online to buy flooring and carpet and NEW windows. I guess I could start by panting the roof, but brown or black? What color for the house? GRRR)
bed

To do:
-Wake up at reasonable time (trying to get in the habit of getting up at 7 am... good luck to me)
-Alternate between swap stuff and working on my room - I want to try out an svg file that MM2000 sent me for Toppers n' Tags.
- Eat dinner at 3:30... ugh, so early.

Not boring at all!!! If you want, I'll trade you days... you just have to come on a hectic day to realize the life of a teenager is to be enjoyed because adulthood/having a family sometimes isn't all the fun it looks like, especially in the movies!! LOL

The kids are all off to school; the quiet has begun and it's nice so far.. talk to me again in an hour! I'm going to start working on my 365 project and get it caught up before noon today... I'll only be behind the month of August... the first week of August we just hung around town...so I need to do a week about town...
today's photo is the kids are ready for school!
My bigger kids got the cool bus driver ~ she's a peach! My little one got the jerk... but he tends to do better w/ the younger kids than the older ones...so here is hoping it will go okay.. if not, he knows I'll be on the bus making my concerns known if for even a minute my son tells me something that does seem right... I've gotten on this driver before w/ my others... (although DsS15got in so much trouble last year that he had to sit in the front of the bus & his mom had to sign a note stating she understand the reason for punishment and such!)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome... it's nice to be here. :)

Rebecca - Yes, I will be there during SDV! I would love to stop by, and I'm going to tryyyyy to convince my boyfriend to let me go for a bit, but we'll see if that works out. I might literally just have to stop by, run around the table(s) saying hi to everyone while he glowers at me.... although when I took him to a scrapbooking yard sale at our LSS, he said it wasn't as bad as he thought. If I do get to go, it would be on Friday around 6ish, while we go from the Animal Kingdom to Epcot for dinner. Would you guys be around then, do you know the schedule?

SIOH - Pixie dust to your coworker... I hope she has a speedy recovery.
MM2000- I saw the news last night on TV, that's awful about the water.

So a slight switch to my schedule... when I got up, I had to help move my mini-fridge (which I had actually just unplugged and defrosted to save energy while I'm gone) downstairs because our fridge died last night... so now we're going shopping for a new one. My mom (PBF) is happy about that, I guess, because she's wanted a new one.

You'll probably see me a lot more in these threads since I foresee having a list of things to do from now until who knows when...Yay! for house projects. I'm sure I'll be tired of dealing with house issues at some point.

Work on swaps, for real today.
Print house contract documents
Write dates on calendar
Verify with DH that he has talked with mortgage broker, and everything is :thumbsup2
Take care of DH, he is home sick. Besides the house stuff, he just completed a MAJOR project at work last Thursday. I think it has all caught up with him.

See if DH wants to deal with Bank of America today or not.

This is annoying, we have had a BoA account for forever. But it is a Washington based account. When we moved to CO, we had to open a Wells Fargo account because BoA doesn't have branches in CO, only ATMs. Our savings is mostly in the BoA account, but now we want to transfer the down payment to our Wells Fargo account since it should be easier to get too, when we need to do the closing. We expected it would be just a simple wire transfer, but every time DH calls, they tell him something different. The first thing they say is "go to a branch location." Last, they told him to sign up for some program, but then when he went online to check it out, it said not available for accounts based in WA or ID. The first thing he tells them is that he lives in CO where there are no branches, the second thing is the account is a WA based account. Come on people, do your job!

Mornin! Nan, enjoy your quiet house! I love the Staples commercial that plays "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" while the dad rides on the shopping cart and the kids look miserable. Cracks me up!:lmao:

Still unpacking and trying to get the house together. Woke up with a headache this morning so I am not moving as fast as usual.

coffee
get rid of headache
coffee

unpack
unpack
unpack
pick up DD from Club H2O

Target run
grocery run
DD to ortho
unpack
unpack
laundry

laundry
dinner
collapse

Hey ASH!!! You have got to get that house done... you are falling way behind here girlfriend!!!

So far the house is nice!! Chores are done.. I had to make a run to town for ink as 3 teachers have sent their papers via email to be printed and filled out @ home thus saving school printing $$.. LOL No big deal, I just hadn't bought ink yet, too lazy.. so now I have fresh ink so I'll do some journalling on the printer today too!

Hope you headache goes away shortly too.... when does baby girl start school? Is she ready? Still nervous? How are the kids settling into the new house?

Hey ASH!!! You have got to get that house done... you are falling way behind here girlfriend!!!

So far the house is nice!! Chores are done.. I had to make a run to town for ink as 3 teachers have sent their papers via email to be printed and filled out @ home thus saving school printing $$.. LOL No big deal, I just hadn't bought ink yet, too lazy.. so now I have fresh ink so I'll do some journalling on the printer today too!

Hope you headache goes away shortly too.... when does baby girl start school? Is she ready? Still nervous? How are the kids settling into the new house?

I know, the motivation is to get these boxes out of my house so I can spend time with friends! :rolleyes1 DD starts on the 24th. She's been so busy with horse camp last week (1st place in jumping!!) and a water camp this week that I don't think she's had time to process anything. I say little (ok, big) prayers everyday for her teacher and friends! Next week she'll be home resting and getting ready, so I'll let you know then how she's feeling. Little man has settled in nicely- I got his room completely put together yesterday (the first one that is complete) and he was a happy camper. The rest of the house is 85% done.... who knew we had so much stuff??!!!

Hi everyone,

ZTH - nice to see you ;) I can't believe the fridge died, let PBF know that the fridge in the RV is available for storage...

Holly - Thanks and have a great day

Nan - I am so looking forward to "school" this year - Congrats on your new "quiet time"

My sister and family arrived last night at about 9 after a very long drive. My neices are so stinking cute it kills me.:goodvibes

Today

Ds up and fed
make lunch for ds
Ds off to camp
Breakfast for my guests
Hang out with sis with coffee
Target (sis forgot a few things so we'll just buy)
Petco
Michaels
Costco
Panera
Lunch for guests
think about what to make for dinner
Plan activities

That all I can think of for now - but I am sure I am forgetting lots

Have a great day everyone:goodvibes

Big prayers being said for your DD, Ash..
I'm sure she will do great!
We meet DS8's teacher last night... she is a youngin' but she is the one I really liked when I met her last year.. They will gel well together!!! I plan on going in and working one day at week while the little one I watch is in KDG!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter