• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 7/8/10

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 7/8/10

:wizard: P&PD for all those needing it.

It's The Day Before Friday!!

It's still stinkin' hot outside! It's like walking into an oven! I guess they think it's getting better because we aren't having a heat "warning" today, it's just a heat "watch". It's all just "hot" to me!

I'm headed to the beach after work today for a long weekend. DH is already down. I'll be back on Sunday night. Then I'm starting my last 2 week pay period on dayshift when I get back...10 dayshifts! Not that I'm counting or anything...

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

Swish and Swipe... this is the habit of the month for July...

Keep to my points :teeth:

Work till 3p

Head to the beach

My plans there
TanningSmiley.jpg

Dinner- Whatever DH has planned...

Have a Great Day everyone!!

Good Morning! (I was hanging out waiting for you to show up, lol)

Dusting Baby Blythe!

Hot here, too - I had to get up and kick the AC down.

Today
Coffee
Computer
Gym and Pool
breakfast
clean baths
white laundry
lunch
order wings for Stamp club tonight - I am hostess this month
scrap
fix supper for dh
collect wings
Stamp Club
home
crash

Happy Day, All!

10 more shifts! Yay!

Wings! Yummy, now I want wings!

I'm not working today and I'm up way too early for a day off.

We have the pass for the farm, but holy smokes, the price went WAAAAAAAAAAY up. Adding the fact that we need to drive nearly an hour to get there (and then an hour back), I'm thinking we may do something else...My sister is still away, so we have use of the pool, but DH went and got burned to a delicate crisp yesterday...Men. There is a zoo nearby. But, see previous posts about heat and I'm thinking smelly zoo or smelly farm or clean pool?

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!

Pixie dust for Blythe!

Deb, have fun at the beach.

MM, I'd vote for pool rather than zoo or farm.

My day:
Laundry
Clean
Clean out pantry
Pick up Montana pictures
Organize Montana pictures
Create slideshow for character swap
Work on themes for everyday swap and post interest thread
Work on sample layouts for class
Dinner - ??
Stitch

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Morning.

Deb you are so almost there!

Jennifer- I'd do the pool!!

Stephanie- I'd love to see the montana pics. I really enjoyed the each day!

Linda - how's your dh feeling?

Well hot again today.
My list is the usual.
I am dropping off my car tonight after work and I'll have to drive
mr crockett's beast tomorrow. Oh boy!
I also have a zillion things on my vacation list that need to be done.

Have a great day everyone!!

morning all

my word of the day is UGH even the big ac is having trouble keeping up or I'm used to it.

to do
l to swim
work
home
boil potatos and eggs
crash in chair or river
bed early both of us are already wiped out and the next three days are going to be a killer

Jennifer POOL
Holly good luck with the beast I always loved driving the jack up truck
Deb yay 10 shifts
Linda enjoy stamp club
Stephanie enjoy the pics you'll have so much fun reliving it

Dust for Blythe and all the others who need it.

Pixie Dust for Blythe and all who are in need.

Give blood today.
Take books to half price. Thinking maybe $15 out of 7 full boxes of books. They never give us good prices for the books, but something is better than nothing.
No exercising today.
Finish cutting pieces for layout and start on next one.
Fix dinner.
Look at pile of laundry and sigh. It will take forever to get it all done. We are still in the laying down the cut tile phase. Turns out putting the mortar on the back takes way longer than slapping it down on the floor. Maybe after the weekend before the grouting gets done.

Enjoy your day, every one try to stay cool.

Good Morning!

Have a great day and keep cool!

Today:
doctor's- having my physical
maybe shopping- depending on how I am feeling after doctor
stop by and try and fix a friends purse
swimming lessons

Rebecca

Good Morning!

AWM - I have found at half-price that if you take them in a box at a time, they will rarely give you less that $5 a box, but if you take them all in at once, you're right - about $15-$20. It's a pain to go several times, but you get a little more $.

Today -
Cut more pieces for Character Swap
Pull paper for Sketch swap
visit friend's new house being built and sign the foundation
lunch with friend
go up to school :eek: and work on the new curriculum stuff with friend
dust/sweep/mop
dinner out with friends

Hey! not a bad day :)

Sorry to be so absent lately. My grandpa passed away very suddenly and our trips to Ohio and back for the funeral and then to Chicago and back for the 4th have overwhelmed me. I feel like I was just getting the hang of this thread! Summer is hard to be consistent with anything!

Today's list:

• drive Campus Life freshman to lake house
    [*]pick up portraits at Costco
    [*]deliver portraits to customer's office
    [*]bank
    [*]trade product with another consultant, Jeanette
    [*]bake cake for DD12's party tomorrow
  • make house presentable (whatever that means at this point!) for party tomorrow
  • pick up kids at the lake house

If I can accomplish the above list, my reward is to allow myself some free time on the DIS to plan our next trip to WDW! :woohoo:

Today..

Pull 4-H photos to be printed
Make DD go thru the pull photos she needs printed for scrapbooking project
DD photo shoot of her consumer clothing (evening when cooler)

then just whatever, not in the mood for a list today!!!

Checking in late as usual.

Jennifer - pool
Rebecca - hope Dr visit goes well
Nan - LOL no list - love it
Deb - yay 10 shifts! have fun at the beach!
Linda - how is DH?

OK- part of list out window already - met with building foreman this morning
Little Gym rescheduled for tomorrow
Dishes rebooting
Laundry needs attention
Called telephone co to start new construction application -
Gotta call Fair office for clarification on horse show and scrapbooking requirements
fill out and submit passport applications
PU girls for horseback riding lessons 3 pm
dinner??
Still have checks to deposit at bank
need a few things at grocery store

Anyone do American Girl?? Anyone been to the store, events, etc?? Neighbor wants to take her DD to the LA store for her bday - she wants DD and I to go also - seems expensive - $250 for $130 shopping credit, lunch, doll hair salon and a photo session??

OK gotta get cracking.

:hug: Sorry for your loss Pixieflup.

Couldn't give blood today. My red blood count is low. I'm 36 and you need between 38-55. This stupid diet for my cholesterol is really messing with me.

I got a whopping $25 of which I promptly spend $22 on new books. :lmao:

I did get to Target to get some wicking and UV protection shirts and shorts for the boys. Going to WDW for two weeks means I don't have enough clothes and I'm not doing laundry more than once. I hate doing laundry here and the room at WL it tiny, like two washing machines tiny.

Got all my running around done! Those tasks have been hanging around my neck for too long. DONE! :cool1:

Couple more things and then off to DS15's double header tonight. And gymnastics.

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa, Pixie. :hug:

I was outvoted - and since I made the cruise decision on my own, I pretty much let them have it. They didn't want to do the pool, so we went to the mall and out for lunch instead. Got a new Minnie t-shirt and some shower gel from Bath & Body Works. M got some skorts and shirts at Macy's and DH got to go to the comic book store. All in all, a good trip.

If only I hadn't had to go to the dentist this morning :sad1:

Oh, and I've been to AG, but we just did dinner and a little shopping. For the quality of the food, it was VERY expensive. You're paying for the atmosphere, though...

Thank you. It's a tough one. The more you love, the more it hurts, even though he's now with my sweet grandma in heaven...I just miss them both. Until we meet again... that's what we say now.

that is a nice way to think of them! I, too, am sorry for your loss.

Oh, and I've been to AG, but we just did dinner and a little shopping. For the quality of the food, it was VERY expensive. You're paying for the atmosphere, though...

Thanks! I think we will do it. Too bad I didn't join that group in the last swap!

danggit.:rotfl:

Should be fun. A long day, but fun.

Um, Deb, there is something very important from your picture of what you are doing this weekend. You need a libation of choice in your hand!

visit friend's new house being built and sign the foundation

What a great idea, wish I had thought of that when we built our house.

Sorry to be so absent lately. My grandpa passed away very suddenly and our trips to Ohio and back for the funeral and then to Chicago and back for the 4th have overwhelmed me. I feel like I was just getting the hang of this thread! Summer is hard to be consistent with anything!

So sorry for your loss. I am sure your Grandpa is with your Grandma discussing what a great family they have. :hug:

I know I've been absent. For the past two weeks I've been really concentrated on my genealogy research. Came across several death certificates for members of DH family. It pays to pick up the research after a time of being away from it.

My to do list today:

Feed cats
Get DD up and ready for school :goodvibes
Drop off "sample" to the vet
work
Mail out DD's paperwork
Eye doctor. Oh my goodness, the technicians and I gabbed the whole time.
Load of laundry into the dryer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter