• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 6/21/10

Thanks (again!) for your support, everyone. :grouphug: Tossing and turning in bed, I couldn't stand it anymore and just fired off a scathing email about today's ceremony to DS's educational team. (Yup - at 12:45 in the morning...)

So much for "going out on a high note" - which is what I had asked these teachers and administrators to help him do as he leaves elementary school... Sigh. But, I had to get this off my chest - and make sure they knew that what happened today wasn't ok.

We'll battle these twits all summer and well into the fall, I'm sure for a more appropriate 6th grade (and beyond) school. But, there's no way he will attend the local public one...how many more times and more ways can they show us that they just don't know what to do?

I want to go to the Cape Cod potato chip factory! :yay: I've saved info on that over the years from the newspaper...is it pretty fun to do? That might be a cool summer day trip for us...

Pam, I'm so sorry that happened to DS!! Praying for a better school for him next year, with more understanding people!!

Pam it breaks my heart to hear that these people (can't call them educators) just can't figure out what they are doing to him. I'm not sure I'd even send him in the fall can you home school? till the right school comes along?

:hug: Don't they realize it is the little things to them that mean the most to those children?

Pixie Dust you find the right school for him.

Oh Pam that just stinks!
I love monopoly!!! Can I play? We have reg and spongebob!
Give him love and hugs from his rhode island family.

Pam, good for you telling them off! That just isn't right! It amazes me how these people who are supposed to be trained professionals can be so ignorant of the basics. How hurtful! It's just heartbreaking!

Extra P&PD that you have a better situation for next year!

Pam it breaks my heart to hear that these people (can't call them educators) just can't figure out what they are doing to him. I'm not sure I'd even send him in the fall can you home school? till the right school comes along?

Yup - that's the plan. I'm sure the mediation (with the state Department of Ed) and probable hearing(s), etc. will take months to resolve and will not be finished by early September. In the meantime, we'll do what we need to do here at home and continue to go through the application process with the couple of possible private schools we've identified so far... After the last few months, weeks, days, hours (!)....sadly, it is beyond crystal clear that our district cannot meet his needs.

Thank god. some places they make you feel like your at fault if you want to homeschool. and I've heard horror stories about the truancy officers and their treatment of these parents.
I will keep you all in the prayers that things resolve quickly and fairly painlessly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter