“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 5/9/10

It's The Weekend... Day #2.

Deals%20On%20Mother%27s%20Day%20Gifts.jpg

My list for today:

Caffeinate- this repeats everyday!!
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif

I made Mother's Day breakfast to share at work....yummmmm!!

Swish and Swipe...
wc.gif

Work till 3p

:laundy: never ends

Dinner- :confused3

Have a Great Day everyone!! :teeth:

:flower2::flower2: Wishing everyone a lovely Sunday, a wonderful Mother's Day, and a happy and restful day! :flower2::flower2:

We're taking it easy today - and in the afternoon, attending a dear friend's BBQ where he will introduce us to his new wife! She's just come to the US after a long visa wait, so I'm giving her a "My First Year in the US" scrapbook to fill in with photos and journaling. He loves to take photos, so I'm sure it will be appreciated and used.

Happy Mother's day, Ladies!

Yum, Deb! What's for breakfast?

PBF, that sounds like a terrific gift!

Chilly and windy here, which blows my idea of beer-can chicken right out of the water. But, we *will* have chicken in some form.

Thought I'd get DH to take me for a (totally unauthorized) hot fudge sundae at lunch - but it's too cold out to eat it, and Coney Express doesn't have indoor seating.

So maybe Perecca's (Italian bakery) for breakfast?

Why is it that so much that's yummy and desireable is loaded with sugar and white flour? :(

Finish my paper pieced scrapbook. Can I just say that Mickey's house was a total pain?

Eat (mostly) healthy, drink water, goof off.

Happy day, all!

morning all up way to early hoping to fall back asleep soon.

Happy mothers day.

Deb how thoughtful
Pam what a great idea
Linda I did the "totally unauthorized" ice cream out the other night. bubble gum:love::love:
Holly thinking of you and sending hugs filled with strength to get you through the day
Brooke Blythe is still in my thoughts and prayers.

Lets see
since I goofed off yesterday
[/clean kitchen tableCOLOR]
make deviled eggs
vac and mop all before 12
Gram and Alice and my dad to come for lunch at 12

would like to scrap more.think I'll take a nap instead
need to flip laundry and start 1 more load.

Tom actually took the boys shopping yesterday :scared1: can't remember when he last did that. Hopefully he gave them the attitude talk as well. The teenage attitude arrived much to early and then the next minute he's climbing into my lap to cuddle?

Breakfast menu:

• Crustless bacon and cheese quiche (Bisquick recipe. I usually add onion but one of the peoples today doesn't like it, so I left it out)
  • DH's Homemade pork sausage
  • Fruit salad from the salad bar at Super G
  • Whole Wheat Bagel Thins and cream cheese

We talked about having a nice breakfast today since we have to work, and yesterday they gave me some $$ towards the food. Totally unexpected. I just hope we are slow enough this morning that we can all go in together and enjoy...

I came down this morning and on the kitchen table there was the new camera I wanted, 1doz roses, carnations, and 2 cards waiting... I'll see DS21 this morning, he works early, and DS18 this afternoon...

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm still in my jammies, just watched the last few episodes of the 2nd season of Arrested Development, what a funny funny show!

We were going to go to the zoo, but it's really chilly and windy out there, I think we'll take it easy. We're going to the IL's for a late lunch/early dinner.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Happy Mother's Day!! Hope you all get to spend it in ways that YOU enjoy.

We normally spend this day with my MIL, whom I love to pieces [I lucked out in the in-law department, my DH, not so much :rotfl:], but we're spending next weekend with her because it closer to her birthday.

Today is just a normal day. I did get two gift cards, Archiver's and JoAnn's and the cool tote that came with purchase at Archiver's. My boys know their mom. ;)

We need to get the mud room sub flooring replaced today. A gaping hole next to the door frame and particle board over where there should be a door. :rotfl: It's a bit nippy over there right now. Hoping to get the new door frame and door back in today. Turns out the builder put the old frame in crooked. By just enough twist to let water in behind the frame to drip down to the floor. And under the door too. It all has to be replaced. Good thing DH knows what he is doing. The next people will not have to redo our work. :thumbsup2

I need to finish putting together Kermit and then cut out and embellish my Hollywood Studio letters and I am done. :woohoo:
Laundry.
Lunch.
Strip beds.
Swap stuff.
Dinner.
Not sure what else.

Happy Mother's Day...

Well, I have had a great weekend so far.... Soccer Tmt. this weekend.. DS13 scored a goal.. had an option for another but another team mate shoved him and he missed the header into the goal.. DS13 maintained his composure but coaches did not w/ team mate... We are tied for 2nd in the tournament.. if we win today and the team we beat yesterday beats the team we lost to yesterday; we advance to the championship game.. so everyone root for the team we beat and us to win!!!!

I woke up to a great set of gifts... DH bought me last week.. Reebok EasyTone tennis shoes! LOVE THEM!!!! The kids (our 3) chipped in a bought me a nice light weight sweater!! The 5 kids got me a card.... DH got me a fabulous card that made me cry w/ his word!!! I also got a poem from DD.... DS9 wrote me a verse and planted a flower for me from school... DS13 is going to score me a goal today or slide tackle a ball.

DsS15 got his permit this weekend thru the mail and gave me his paper one to put into the scrapbook.. He has become the kid we use to know and like compared to the jerk he had been... He is also a hoot w/ driving.. I don't drive with my stepsons.. It's their parents responsibility!! I have yet to ever ride w/ DsS19....doubt I will ride with DsS15.

The stepboys are headed home to their mom in a few..but neither is getting their shoes on or headed out the door..they are too busy asking each other rules of the road questions!!! Well, at least DsS15 is taking driving seriously!!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday!!! Happy Mother's DAY!!!

Amazed by the Mothers on this thread today!

Happy Mothers Day to all of you!!

Breakfast for coworkers!
Scrapbooks for new brides!
Great kids and families!!
Strong Babies!!

Wow!!

DD made me a bagel with cream cheese
Little One is sleeping in

Its Fair prep time - so this morning we are washing and shaving pigs - We sure know how to whoop it up out here in CA!!:lmao:

Then some picking up around here - loading up for a trash run and I hope to spend my afternoon rooting on the girls at the horseshow and some scrapping.

Dinner with the ILs - FIL cooks Mothers Day dinner - should be yummy!

Everyone have a great day!!

A lovely Mother's Day moment I had to share (since TB always yells at me to write this stuff down because we always forget it so quickly!):

DS10 came over a little while ago and climbed onto my lap to snuggle. He hugged me and gave me kisses and asked if that was a great Mother's Day present. I replied that it was "the BEST!" :cloud9: He smiled and then said "I think so too, since it is a present that made me feel happy too!"

:lovestruc

Well, I guess my circular clear stamp block won't cut it now.... :sad:

haha.

Hope everyone is having a great Mother's Day!

I was awake for 18 hours yesterday, and of those 18, I worked 15 of them, and spent one of them getting from one job to another... ugh. Needless to say, I slept in today.

For the rest of the day:
Brunch
Make Lou a pinboard for his pins
Swap pieces
Read
Laundry
Try to pick up a few things in my room
Dinner (on my own, probably. I didn't go to the party)
Sleep

Oh, PBF, that is just too sweet! I :love: it!

It's been a nice Mother's Day so far. DS & DH fixed me breakfast. My gifts were scrapping goodies, a distress kit with lots of new things I've never used before and a MS punch around the page set (the bird and branches set!!!). We are going to play some board games and then DS will pick up his GF and she will join us when DS & DH take me out to dinner. I'm still thinking about where I want to go!

Nan, good luck to your DS's team!!!!:cheer2:

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

A lovely Mother's Day moment I had to share (since TB always yells at me to write this stuff down because we always forget it so quickly!):

DS10 came over a little while ago and climbed onto my lap to snuggle. He hugged me and gave me kisses and asked if that was a great Mother's Day present. I replied that it was "the BEST!" :cloud9: He smiled and then said "I think so too, since it is a present that made me feel happy too!"

:lovestruc

Awwww that is the sweetest.

We had a tough day. I woke to a killer headache, DD had a rough day, could be that she had a headache too. We went to breakfast at the Elks Club, but DD wouldn't go in. I was disappointed that she didn't. The rest of the family was there; MomE and her husband, my DB, DSIL, DN, DH, and I. DN always has a tough time on Mother's Day due to the dysfunctional relationship she has with her mother. After we stopped at BAMB's to drop off some product. Her DH is really sick.:sick: Hope for his sake he doesn't have business travel this week.
Grocery shopping
bank
fold laundry
Afternoon picked up, headache finally eased, happiness restored in the house. :goodvibes

It was a good Mother's Day here. . .went out with DH & DS for lunch, and took some pics of DS in his "I Love Mommy!" t-shirt. They got me a backpack for Disney and 2 Pandora beads (well, they are "to be bought" on our trip!).

The high point of our day, though, has been our news about our little Blythe. She has stayed off the respirator. She had to have the mask for a little while, when she got tired, but is mostly just on her nasal tube. She kicks and waves her arms--especially when my brother talks to her. It's a long, long road, but days like this, and all of the prayers coming her way, have us all anxiously awaiting the day she is strong enough to come home!! My brother & sis-in-law were discharged today, though, and that's been hard. They are both really struggling with leaving the hospital without her. The NICU nurses have assured them they can come back "all 19 hours it's open" every day, if they want. SIL still has to be out of work for at least 3 more weeks. Blythe continues to be a spunky little fighter, though, and that makes the days brighter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter